Let's All Kill Ourselves.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it is official. Favre is back. What a jopke.I hope he stinks and gets benched for Sage Rosenfels.....that would be a fitting end to his end of career bullcrap.

I hope he stinks and gets benched for Sage Rosenfels.....that would be a fitting end to his end of career bullcrap.
Yeah, I would be pretty pissed if I was some no-name trying to earn a roster spot and had been working my ass off during training camp. Just come out and say you want to sign but don't want to go through training camp instead of playing those media games about whether your retired or not. Everyone knows Brett knew full well his intentions and so did the Vikings front office more than likely. I just think its shitty for the no-name guys out there busting their ass trying to make it.I used to kind of like Favre but over the last few years of this BS, I'm kind of sick of "the ole gunslinger".
Don't know why anyone's surprised. He's been doing this to Packers fans for 4 years now.
yeah. Favre has reached the "George Foreman" stage of his career. Whatever he says about retiring or un-retiring just ignore it. You can't believe anything he says about the subject.I think Minnesota is making a huge mistake....Rosenfels would be better for them. Favre looked awful last year down the stretch. Not "bad for Favre" but bad for anyone. He killed the Jets at the end of the season. Just killed them. He will have a lot to work with in Minnesota though.
yeah. Favre has reached the "George Foreman" stage of his career. Whatever he says about retiring or un-retiring just ignore it. You can't believe anything he says about the subject.I think Minnesota is making a huge mistake....Rosenfels would be better for them. Favre looked awful last year down the stretch. Not "bad for Favre" but bad for anyone. He killed the Jets at the end of the season. Just killed them. He will have a lot to work with in Minnesota though.
Minnesota, IMO, needs a game manager. Someone who just hands the ball off to their stable of running backs, doesn't turn the ball over and generally just makes good decisions and tosses for 180-225 a game. Favre is not that guy.
Minnesota, IMO, needs a game manager. Someone who just hands the ball off to their stable of running backs, doesn't turn the ball over and generally just makes good decisions and tosses for 180-225 a game. Favre is not that guy.
I agree. He will chaff (chafe?) against the role that makes the Vikings best (QB = game-manager) whereas Sage would have been thrilled to hand the ball off most of the game. Plus, the best part about having a great running game (which the Vikes obviously do) is that you can take advantage by throwing downfield off play action. Can Favre make teams pay down the field in December? Maybe in a dome....but his arm was basically falling off during the season finale last year. The dolphins played a very blah sort of game and Favre handed them the W.

I hate Brett Favre. And I've been a Packers fan all my life. I hated him when he pulled this retirement crap for the last several years, and now, the tip of the iceberg. I was glad his ass was sent to the Jets, and glad he failed there. Favre has no intentions of trying to win a Super Bowl. Just wants two chances to f*** with Ted Thompson and every GB fan.And ESPN will treat November 1st bigger than the Super Bowl, guaranteed. To be honest, I'm giddy because I expect him to bomb, and to be embarrassed when he returns to Lambeau.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

lol @ all the self-ownage in this thread...i love how everyone in here ignores the fact he played injured the last half of the jets season.old washed up favre and his stats for 2009:passer rating: 107.2yards: 4,202td's: 33int: 768% cmpoh, and practiclly lead the team to the SB...insanne enviorment at the metrodome...fumble after fumble...blown call after blown call....everything possible that could be going against the vikes happening, and yet here is favre leading the final drive...tie game, 4th quarter, minute and a half to go, 1st and 10 in FG range, and here comes another miracle to bail out the saints...too many men on the field?????? favre was one 5 yard penalty away from the SB...bottom line, the vikings were the best team last season...favre was the best QB last season...the vikings wouldve destroyed the saints on a neutral filed...it took home filed, boatload of fumbles, crooked refs, a bizzare penalty at the worst time and a coin flip to beat the vikes...but thats ooooooookkkkkkkkkk...because hes comming back...hes GOING TO TAKE WHATS HIS...and he will shut every single haters mouth up while they watch him lift the SB MVP trophy...its going to be SEXUALbuckle up boys and girls, FAVREAGEDDON is upon us...aint nothing anyone can do to stop it...oh, in case anyone wants to say the game was reffed fairly.....

I vaguely remember the game and all I can remember is that he had a chance to go to the SB regardless of the alleged crappy call but instead threw his patented INT. I could be wrong. But I know one thing for sure, I could care less if he plays or not and I don't care who he plays for.

lol @ all the self-ownage in this thread...i love how everyone in here ignores the fact he played injured the last half of the jets season.old washed up favre and his stats for 2009:passer rating: 107.2yards: 4,202td's: 33int: 768% cmpoh, and practiclly lead the team to the SB...insanne enviorment at the metrodome...fumble after fumble...blown call after blown call....everything possible that could be going against the vikes happening, and yet here is favre leading the final drive...tie game, 4th quarter, minute and a half to go, 1st and 10 in FG range, and here comes another miracle to bail out the saints...too many men on the field?????? favre was one 5 yard penalty away from the SB...bottom line, the vikings were the best team last season...favre was the best QB last season...the vikings wouldve destroyed the saints on a neutral filed...it took home filed, boatload of fumbles, crooked refs, a bizzare penalty at the worst time and a coin flip to beat the vikes...but thats ooooooookkkkkkkkkk...because hes comming back...hes GOING TO TAKE WHATS HIS...and he will shut every single haters mouth up while they watch him lift the SB MVP trophy...its going to be SEXUALbuckle up boys and girls, FAVREAGEDDON is upon us...aint nothing anyone can do to stop it...oh, in case anyone wants to say the game was reffed fairly.....
oh.
oh.
lol, sorry for the emotional post...6 months and i guess im not over it yet :)i dont think about it anymore like i did for the 1st 2 months, but everytime i come accross something about it on the internet, all the anger comes back...just want the new season to start so i could forget about this
fine, favre was top 3 QB last year...not bad for a guy ths "done" :club:
Favre is still a top 10 QB at worst (he does play on a stacked team ya know) and has had a great career. That INT at the end of the Saints game was brutal......though I do agree that NO was very very lucky to win that game. Dont know about the reffing being dodgy.....I dont remember thinking much of it at the time.You don't have to apologize for being bitter about sports. Par for the course.I want Favre to come back just because it is integral to the development of Sidney Rice who I really like for no particular reason.also, most of the Favre hate comes from the will he/won't he crap EVERY offseason. enough already. we all know he is a HOF qb.
fine, favre was top 3 QB last year...not bad for a guy ths "done" :club:
*shrugs* I didn't post in this thread before, so I don't have to eat any words.But where were you during the NBA finals? You said the Lakers would destroy the Celtics and that I had to watch it, but instead I suffered through about 17 separate heart attacks that series.
*shrugs* I didn't post in this thread before, so I don't have to eat any words.But where were you during the NBA finals? You said the Lakers would destroy the Celtics and that I had to watch it, but instead I suffered through about 17 separate heart attacks that series.
lol, sorry for the bad info...i hope you didnt suffer too much, it wouldve been a lot worst if the celtics actually won!!for future referance, dont ever listen to me about anything involving lakers/celtics...my opinion will always be "the lakers will destroy the celtics" no matter what year it is, no matter who is or isnt playing :club:
nfl-100126-ap-brettfavrejpg-39a1bdb192518b1b_large.jpgGYI0059395955_LR1.jpgfavre_interception0.jpg439x.jpg2010890103.jpgNFC_Championship_Foot_Reyn2_t607.jpggarrett-hartley-saints-vikings-nfc-title-7860478d8d79e549_large.jpgFavreSaints.jpg
I could be wrong, but wasn't the game in question held in the Superdome?

BigD, youre a heartless bastard. :club:

i seriously hope farve dies.
i know you guys are tired of his antics but you cant really blame him this year...all espns fault, favre never said he's retiring...hes just been keeping to himself and not saying hes comming back because he doesnt want to report to training camp...hes paid his dues and you cant blame the 40 year old grandpa for not wanting to share a dorm room with a bunch of kids...
I could be wrong, but wasn't the game in question held in the Superdome?
HE WAS IN A RAGE!!!!!yes it was in the superdome.
yes, my bad...i wasnt exactly thinking clearly while typing that post... :ts