And i'm not talking about the kind you get when you drink the water at Ron Mexico's house.I've been thinking. If you just quit poker for a while then come back will the bad run go away? Or, is it more mathmatical in that you have to play through it at some point or another for it to run it's course? I've never quit during a bad run, but I have taken time away, never noticed much difference. :club:

You can be losing because, a) you're getting bad cards or because, B) you're making bad decisions due to external factors. In situation a) Staying or going is not going to have any impact on the cards you are dealt. Its just superstition that tells you it will.In situation B) Time away may be +EV as you may come to terms with whatever negative external factors are causing you to make poor decisions.Crucially you need to remember that Situation a) often leads to situation B)

Usually, bad runs happen when you take a few bad beats and then begin to play poorly, and you lose more, and construe this as bad luck. If you tilt easily, then take some time off. If you don't tilt much, then just play through it and it will even out.

first determine if it is a bad run of cards or bad play. If its bad play, practice on software, reread your books etc until you figured out what you are doing wrong. If it is just a bad run then keep playing and it will end eventually. Pros post losses for weeks, months, even for a year. It happens thats why you have to play within your BR. just as a side note... when you are examining your play do you understand that when you are having a bad night( not hitting, losing on river etc) that people will play you different so you need to adjust your play accordingly. A lot of people will just put their head down and keep pounding away and that is a sure way to make your losses bigger.

I've been running bad for about two weeks, but I think that I'm making bad decisions because youre on tilt .
Sorry, I corrected you're post. Take a break, man. That's what I usually do. It helps. Just in my opinion.
rakeback helps a lot for me when im on a downswing. it calms me down knowing that im making some money even when im losing.
Oh great. Now the newbies are gonna wanna know what rakeback is.