• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taco is one of the primary reasons I won't watch this show again.

A complainer who complains.You were calling out everyone who wrote anything similar to what I wrote. I am included in the group of people who wrote what I wrote. Therefore you were calling me out.

I'm not sure anything is better than Sunny.

Yes. I LOLed numerous times. - the kids race for draft picks- the birthday song to the 5 year old- the guy showing up at the kids house looking like a pedophile trying to get fantasy football info- everything about the guy named TacoIt could be the fact that I have been playing fantasy football since 1989 and this is funny on a different level. I have high hopes, but I don't know how they can keep a series going on the premise.

Yes. I LOLed numerous times. - the kids race for draft picks- the birthday song to the 5 year old- the guy showing up at the kids house looking like a pedophile trying to get fantasy football info- everything about the guy named TacoIt could be the fact that I have been playing fantasy football since 1989 and this is funny on a different level. I have high hopes, but I don't know how they can keep a series going on the premise.
The song was great. Did anyone else pause their draft board and analyze where everyone went? (Or notice the continuity errors)And when the guy busts in and takes Matt Forte I just groaned and said "big mistake." My wife was not amused.

Really? I thought it was just the worst. I mean, I barely got through it. Taco was probably the worst thing about it, too, imo. His acting was some of the most horrific I've ever seen on TV, he's delivery was terrible, his eyes vacant and irritating, and that song seemed like it was agonizingly shoe-horned in; like the director realized that the only way he got on the show was that he had to be ****ing someone so he couldn't request a recast, so he was like, "is there anything you can do other than look lifeless and like you're a teenager on TV for the first time?" and he said, "I used to make my friends laugh with the guitar..." I picture he was throwing up between takes. The rest of the cast seems like they know it's not funny, but when you're a comedian, there's so little work that comes along that you take whatever they offer to you and you cash those checks while you can. Except the blond chick who gave the dude's t-shirt away. She was terrible, but looked like she was doing a lot of improv and thought it was really good. Probably the second worst for me, particularly after watching Dee put on a masters class minutes earlier. Pretty much everything involving a kid was an underdeveloped and poorly executed idea, imo. We all know that no one thinks pedophilia and inappropriate behavior around children more awesome than I do, but I just thought this was phoned-in and awful. I was ranting most of the night about it.

Really? I thought it was just the worst. I mean, I barely got through it. Taco was probably the worst thing about it, too, imo. His acting was some of the most horrific I've ever seen on TV, he's delivery was terrible, his eyes vacant and irritating, and that song seemed like it was agonizingly shoe-horned in; like the director realized that the only way he got on the show was that he had to be ****ing someone so he couldn't request a recast, so he was like, "is there anything you can do other than look lifeless and like you're a teenager on TV for the first time?" and he said, "I used to make my friends laugh with the guitar..." I picture he was throwing up between takes. The rest of the cast seems like they know it's not funny, but when you're a comedian, there's so little work that comes along that you take whatever they offer to you and you cash those checks while you can. Except the blond chick who gave the dude's t-shirt away. She was terrible, but looked like she was doing a lot of improv and thought it was really good. Probably the second worst for me, particularly after watching Dee put on a masters class minutes earlier. Pretty much everything involving a kid was an underdeveloped and poorly executed idea, imo. We all know that no one thinks pedophilia and inappropriate behavior around children more awesome than I do, but I just thought this was phoned-in and awful. I was ranting most of the night about it.
So you would give it a thumbs down then?I'm gathering that we are talking about a TV show, and it appears that it's not a reality show, but a scripted show... maybe on FX? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Google's 1st page didn't really help, and I just don't care that much to keep searching.

To be fair, it's probably funnier than 80% of sitcoms out there. I just have a low threshold for things that don't make me laugh and seem poorly put-together, and when you hype it for 3 months and put it on after the funniest show on TV, and you fail, I'm not going to be happy. It's probably better than anything on Fox, ABC or CBS that I've seen. That just doesn't mean it's good.Edit to respond to edit: yeah, it's a sitcom that mercifully is produced without a laughter track on FX, airing after It's Always Sunny.

It's a sitcom about a group of friends in their late 20's to mid 30's and their fantasy football league. It won't last more than two seasons if that. I thought the first episode was great. I could care less about the acting in this. There were a lot of similarities to things that have happened between me and my group of friends and our long running fantasy league. I am sure that has me liking this more than most.

I could care less about the acting in this
I'm sure you care about acting in something like this. What makes a good comedic actor is just not something that gets a lot of discussion or thought, and is a pretty unique art. People just use the word "funny" or "naturally funny" or whatever, which I find sort of limiting and bad. If you find him funny, it just means you at least sort of like his acting as if nothing also a workable bypass. I, on the other hand, have amazing taste and thus do not.
The song was great. Did anyone else pause their draft board and analyze where everyone went? (Or notice the continuity errors)And when the guy busts in and takes Matt Forte I just groaned and said "big mistake." My wife was not amused.
Yep.

I think Jon Lajoie is a comedian they asked to act so we can't really fault him for being a poor actor. His song was hilarious and that's why they hired him so I think we should cut him some slack.

I think Jon Lajoie is a comedian they asked to act so we can't really fault him for being a poor actor. His song was hilarious and that's why they hired him so I think we should cut him some slack.
I don't think it's his fault...they gave him an incredibly unbelievable character. That's ok for a show like Arrested Development where the show is based in ridiculousness, but a show like this is all about being true to life, so it's a tough sell. The super burnout stoner that has no idea what's going on just doesn't actually exist to that degree...and if he did, he wouldn't be friends with those other guys. There's no way to sell that character.
I don't think it's his fault...they gave him an incredibly unbelievable character. That's ok for a show like Arrested Development where the show is based in ridiculousness, but a show like this is all about being true to life, so it's a tough sell. The super burnout stoner that has no idea what's going on just doesn't actually exist to that degree...and if he did, he wouldn't be friends with those other guys. There's no way to sell that character.
No, he does exist. I know him. He's in my fantasy league. I've known him since 9th grade.
You know who would of been perfect for this show? Aziz Ansari!
me2: but he's not that funny?NF:me2: oh I get itNF: totally right?me2: yea he'd be perfectNF: also it's funny how their wives/girlfriends are all way too hot for themme2: yea i knowNF: wait. you watched?me2: n-noNF: you totally watched Community, Parks and Rec, The Office, 30 Rock, Sunny, The League, and Project Runway last night didn't you?me2: not exactlyNF: you also watched the Top Chef episode from Wednesdaynose: what a loser