ok,i preordered this book a while ago on amazon. now that the release date is on the horizon, i am starting to feel like this book will be a waste of money. i bought negreanus dvd a while back, and it was garbage.so, is this book going to have some worthwhile advice in it, or should i chop the order?

cancel. Have you seen his tourney results lately? & his cash game inflated numbers. He got humiliated by allthewomen online & others & only claims a small loss. Plus Barry Greenstein claims he has selective memory when it comes to reporting his cash game winnings, he should know, hes played with him. Plus we saw how much he lost in High stakes season 1 & reportedly lost again in season 2. But of course he calls it variance. You want to learn from someone you should get Barrys book.

cancel. Have you seen his tourney results lately? & his cash game inflated numbers. He got humiliated by allthewomen online & others & only claims a small loss. Plus Barry Greenstein claims he has selective memory when it comes to reporting his cash game winnings, he should know, hes played with him. Plus we saw how much he lost in High stakes season 1 & reportedly lost again in season 2. But of course he calls it variance. You want to learn from someone you should get Barrys book.
CANCELLED!
WellI like his cardplayer articles and expect his book to be similarIt should be a good read but ya have to wait and see.I never pre order

The Chronicle posts articles from DN every saturday and they are pretty good. A bit basic and I really hope to see a more advanced play book from DN. I am sure ill buy the book neways

Can't wait to get my hands on the new book. You can never get enough insight from one of the greatest poker players around. :club:

you will buy a book written by david Sklansky ..life time torney earnings 303kyou will buy a book written Harrington...life time torney earnings 4.3 milbut you wont spend 22$ on a book written by a guy who has won over 7 mil $your a donkey

you will buy a book written by david Sklansky ..life time torney earnings 303kyou will buy a book written Harrington...life time torney earnings 4.3 milbut you wont spend 22$ on a book written by a guy who has won over 7 mil $your a donkey
i will buy a book from a man whose books have stood the test of timei will buy a book written Harrington...life time torney earnings 4.3 mil, whose book has gotten great reviewsi wont spend $22 on a book by a player who has proven himself to be nothing more than a lucky above average tournament player. if the book gets great reviews, then i will reconsider.you are nothing but a pathetic fanboy who is blinded by the randomness in tournament poker.
i will buy a book from a man whose books have stood the test of timei will buy a book written Harrington...life time torney earnings 4.3 mil, whose book has gotten great reviewsi wont spend $22 on a book by a player who has proven himself to be nothing more than a lucky above average tournament player. if the book gets great reviews, then i will reconsider.you are nothing but a pathetic fanboy who is blinded by the randomness in tournament poker.
I gotta disagree with you. Daniel's results prove that he does have the skill, and clearly isnt just lucky. Now if you were considering on whether to or not buy a Chris Moneymaker strat. book, I'd lean to your side. Not saying that this book wont suck, but to discount Daniel's accomplisments, as primarily luck, is quite foolish.
I gotta disagree with you. Daniel's results prove that he does have the skill, and clearly isnt just lucky. Now if you were considering on whether to or not buy a Chris Moneymaker strat. book, I'd lean to your side. Not saying that this book wont suck, but to discount Daniel's accomplisments, as primarily luck, is quite foolish.
you are misinterpreting what i meant by lucky (probably due to poor wording on my behalf). i was just trying making a snide reply to delusional poster who called me a donkey.i have no doubts that daniel is a skilled tournament player. however, due to the variance present in the nature of tournaments, his 2005 (or was it 2004?), his results may have been inflated a bit compared to his true skill level. also, i am under the impression that while he is a decent cash game player, he is not great. now i know that there are a lot of good books written by players who aren't great, but those writers have the theoretical expertise that daniel lacks. from reading a few of his cardplayer columns, a lot of daniels strategy seems rooted in feel, which is next to impossible for him to teach. and while i'm sure a lot of his play is theoretically sound, i don't think he will be able to explaining it very well in a text.
a lot of daniels strategy seems rooted in feel, which is next to impossible for him to teach. and while i'm sure a lot of his play is theoretically sound, i don't think he will be able to explaining it very well in a text.
i think this will be the biggest problem with a Negreanu book, his instinct is what makes him such an amazing post flop player and gives him the opportunity to play the weaker hands preflop he loves so much, and you can't teach that to the level that Negreanu has taken it.

screech let me guess and say your a newfie who's mother brother sister and father all collect welfare !!!cause only a red neck would think i am standing up for daniel because i worship him.Just because your a master pokerplayer you dont stop learning ~ when i met barry Greenstein At the Aussie millions he told me he reads all the poker book.i want to know Daniels thought process when he is playing.anyways you keep being a donkey and i will keep learning .any chance you want to play heads up at UB for 500$

also, i am under the impression that while he is a decent cash game player, he is not great.
screech dude, he might not be the best player in the big game but the guy is playing at the highest limits possible. that has to say something about his cash game skill.
a lot of daniels strategy seems rooted in feel, which is next to impossible for him to teach. and while i'm sure a lot of his play is theoretically sound, i don't think he will be able to explaining it very well in a text.
i agree with this. there is no way to teach the skill it takes to read people and play your instincts.i will still buy the book. (mostly because im a poker book junkie) the way i look at it is, if i learn one thing from a book, it will probably pay for itself within a couple of pots.
screech let me guess and say your a newfie who's mother brother sister and father all collect welfare !!!cause only a red neck would think i am standing up for daniel because i worship him.
this is one the most ignorant (and ironic) things i have ever read on this forum.
Just because your a master pokerplayer you dont stop learning ~ when i met barry Greenstein At the Aussie millions he told me he reads all the poker book.
your inference that i think i am a master poker player who has all the answers is laughable. where do you get this ****?impressive name dropping btw.
i want to know Daniels thought process when he is playing.anyways you keep being a donkey and i will keep learning .
another retarded statement.
any chance you want to play heads up at UB for 500$
hahahaha. why not play for 5000? you are really trying to hard to make me look bad. challenging me to a HU match on an open forum is lame. if you are serious at least pm me...unless you are trying to impress someone.but i probably wouldn't play you hu for 10 or 10000 dollars. hu is not my strength, and even against someone who I have an edge over, the luck factor is too high to waste my time or money with it.
screech dude, he might not be the best player in the big game but the guy is playing at the highest limits possible. that has to say something about his cash game skill.
i realize this, but his cash game results in the big game have been called into question recently. not to say he can't beat say, a 500/1000 game consistently, but if i buy a poker book, i either want it to be theoretically sound, or written by a player who is one of the top players in that game. now either of these two may be true about daniel and nl hold em, i'm not sure. the truth is, no one on this site can be sure either. there is a good chance i end up buying his book, but i am going to wait for the reviews to come out first. as i said earlier, i was very disappointed with the quality of his dvd.
i realize this, but his cash game results in the big game have been called into question recently.
I understand all your points in this topic but I have one little issue with your reasoning. And be forewarned, I am not here to flame or ridicule, just to discuss. The only issue is the ever whiny and angry Barry Greenstein making some lame *** comment on 2+2. Are we just assuming right off the bat that because that guy says something it must be golden? I don't think there is any reason to lie. Daniel has to report his winnings to the IRS and if he posted false winnings then he would be in trouble. I don't think you can play in the Big Game as long as Daniel has without being ahead. At those stakes and that many hours he would be broke right now if he was not doing AT LEAST, OK. I think Barry is being Barry, and everything I have seen of him on TV and in interviews, is that he thinks he is the be all end all and doesn't take to certain pros out there and clearly him and DN do not get along. So I would not base my judgement on DN by what BG says. That's all I am saying. I love DN and he is one of my poker idols per se, but that doesn't mean I will run out and buy this book. At this point Harrington is my bible and it will take one hell of a book to change that at this point.
I understand all your points in this topic but I have one little issue with your reasoning. And be forewarned, I am not here to flame or ridicule, just to discuss. The only issue is the ever whiny and angry Barry Greenstein making some lame *** comment on 2+2. Are we just assuming right off the bat that because that guy says something it must be golden? I don't think there is any reason to lie. Daniel has to report his winnings to the IRS and if he posted false winnings then he would be in trouble. I don't think you can play in the Big Game as long as Daniel has without being ahead. At those stakes and that many hours he would be broke right now if he was not doing AT LEAST, OK. I think Barry is being Barry, and everything I have seen of him on TV and in interviews, is that he thinks he is the be all end all and doesn't take to certain pros out there and clearly him and DN do not get along. So I would not base my judgement on DN by what BG says. That's all I am saying. I love DN and he is one of my poker idols per se, but that doesn't mean I will run out and buy this book. At this point Harrington is my bible and it will take one hell of a book to change that at this point.
I never said that he isn't successful in the big game, just that his results have been called into question. I have no idea whether his results are as he posts them, or what Greenstein said. He is probably telling the truth, but now at least some weight has to be given to the fact that he is not.But you make some really good points. Especially the whole IRS thing. BTW, Daniel is one of my favorite pro players too. I like him a whole lot more than Sklansky. That doesn't mean I should buy his book though.

I would be shocked if his poker book is good. He, like many other players, cash in on their names, and really have no interest in producing good material. I've seen a couple of the dvd's, DN's, lederer's and Hellmuths, and they all really suck. They are inteneded for the purest of newbies. I would wager DN's book will be better than hellmuth's, but it will be closer to hellmuth than HoH or ToP. The only poker book I do have interest in that's coming out soon is the new sklansky and the x22 book ( which I guarentee will be theory heavy. He's not just cashing in on a pretty face).IF Dn's book is good, I'll be the first to give it praise. But Hellmuth, Gordon, and Greenstiens books all suck, pure cash in. And from what I've seen of Brand Negreanu in the past, I have no doubt it will be in the same vein. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I doubt I will be.ON the other hand, I really liked DN's chapter in SS 2, and if he has practical advise on other games besides hold 'em, the book will be good. But I'm not holdiing my breath. Chicks dig hold 'em.

bigdmcgee ~ how did that face become a con artist ?kinda funny he got busted playing poker at ocean's 11 out side of san Diego..you made a great point about daniel and the trip draw section in SS2 it was a great section.

If Daniel tried to write his own SuperSystem type book covering Stud, Stud8, PLO, PLO8, LO8, Limit Omaha, Triple Draw, Razz, and NL Single draw, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. If he's just writing about NLHE though? Maybe I'll check it out at Barnes and Noble if I'm bored.

Hey Tim, after you finish it feel free to add your thoughts in the "New Sklansky book" thread I started a while back. Mattnxc gave a review, I'd like to hear yours as well.