This Hand Is Bleh

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :D , A :club: . Hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (6 SB) T :D , K :) , 4 :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds.Turn: (4 BB) J :)(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls.River: (10 BB) A :)(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.Final Pot: 14 BBI was single tabling. The guy checked so fast on the turn I was sure he had a big hand (usually a very consistant tell).<--yeah, I know that sounds like a fish commentMainly, I'm unsure about the river.

I see no reason to 3-bet the turn.I call his turn raise.If I just called turn raise, I"d call a river bet and bet/call a river check.He's ahead too much on that turn to 3-bet, unless you see this aggression from him a lot.then again, I'm passive post flop.

I was single tabling. The guy checked so fast on the turn I was sure he had a big hand (usually a very consistant tell).<--yeah, I know that sounds like a fish commentMainly, I'm unsure about the river.
if you thought he had a big hand then why did you make it three?you lost two bets here that you didnt have to.
I see no reason to 3-bet the turn.I call his turn raise.If I just called turn raise, I"d call a river bet and bet/call a river check.He's ahead too much on that turn to 3-bet, unless you see this aggression from him a lot.then again, I'm passive post flop.
Totally agree.This smells like two pair. We have 8 outs on two pair here... which is more than enough to call, and raising is kinda dumb.

Based on your read, AQ, KJ and JJ are his most likely holdings here. Actually, based on card frequency and you may be ahead more often than not here. AQ being the only hand you're losing to on this river. Hence value-betting probably is correct. I dunno, I think knowing that the villain raised really affects my thinking here. My first thought was to check behind, but when I look at it deeper bet/call is probably ok. You're probably value-betting this river more often than not.*edit after reading replies*Totally forgot about the turn here when I was typing my post. 3-betting this turn is a huge mistake if you think he's strong. Just call.

I see no reason to 3-bet the turn.I call his turn raise.If I just called turn raise, I"d call a river bet and bet/call a river check.He's ahead too much on that turn to 3-bet, unless you see this aggression from him a lot.
Exactly.
then again, I'm passive post flop.
I most certainly am not.But this turn needs to be played passively.Don't get overconfident with your Aces when 3 royal cards are on the board.Shown aggression very often means we are behind.Since we have position, we can play this quietly while still making sure we get a bet into the pot on every street.--cm