So What's Up With Phil Gordon

Is it just me or does Gordon act like something crawled up his ***? He's getting all snippy at Howard Lederer of all people (his pseudo-boss at FTP) on poker after dark. Seems seriously bitter about getting kicked off of CPS. Writes snippy blogs or articles or whatever DN was referring to. Seems like the guy needs a visit to a good therapist.

He definately comes across like a guy who knows it all and thinks he's better than everyone. I used to like him back in the early CPS days, but now he just seems like a pompous @$$ about many things.

He's still pissed his buddy Rafe won a bracelet before him.....Rafe Furst. LMAO.Here's what Daniel wrote:'What the??????? Did PHIL GORDON just matter of factly say that Erick Lindgren has two big weaknesses in his game? Then go on to give two examples that couldn't be more untrue? It's almost slanderous. E-DOG gambles on 50/50's before the flop? Huh?? What??? Huh??? What??? Is this guy serious???How in the world did Phil Gordon become enough of an authority to say that Erick has two weaknesses in his game? If someone like Johnny Chan, or Doyle Brunson, or Chip Reese said something like that it would be somewhat understandable. But we are talking about PHIL GORDON here!!! I'm still in shock after reading this. This dude done lost his mind. Now, I've done similarly stupid things in the past. Clearly I've crossed that line before and know that speaking negatively about others play isn't something that is usually a good idea. But for a non-professional poker player to critique an actual professional's game, and in doing so, be about as off base as humanly possible, just makes no sense to me.The article comes off as though Gordon knows more about poker than Erick does. Phil, are you serious? Erick would absolutely trounce you at the poker table. He'd slap you up silly, seriously. You are talking about one of the best tournament players in the world today. A guy who's actually made his living playing the game of poker, whether it be online, in tournaments, or in cash games. What in the world makes you think you could spot a weakness in a player that plays better than you could even comprehend? Phil, did you proof read that column before you sent it? It makes you come off like a complete bafoon. You started out the column complimenting Erick, but you are like the king of the backhanded compliment or something, lol.Erick is a good buddy of mine, obviously, so you might say that I'm being biased. I'd challenge you to find 20 top players that think your comments where either accurate (in assessing his play), or appropriate coming from a TV Commentator/Author. For the record, I don't dislike you. I think you are completely wrong in this case, but I don't think you are a jerk or anything like that. I just don't understand what motivated you to write something like that in the way that you wrote it?'

you know what i actually think is hilarious about poker after dark with phil gordon? he's basically holding up a sign that says "i'm weak" or "OMGIMSTRONG" with his tells. Raises with 36o to steal konig's small blind? mouth purses and eyes narrow. Re-raises konig with 94? Same thing except even more pronounced (as his risk was larger) - his hand goes to his mouth. Konig even picked up on it this time and was going to have no problem putting in a 3rd raise with A9 before Lederer beat him to it with a genuine hand. That's just.. wow.

I think Gordon's realizing that without his show, he's just another decent player and nothing at all special, and he's cracking up about it. He really hasn't done anything in the poker world, is getting blown by a lot of the up-and-comers, and can't hack it. You can see some of his snideness towards Mike Sexton as well, regarding the whole WPT thing (he even made a negative comment about the final tables in the first ep), which is out of place on the show. He should leave his personal crap and the lawsuit off-camera, like Howard has.

Good point about him smacking the WPT to Sexton. Mike seems to be a very classy guy, and to needle him about the final tables at the WPT especially considering the ongoing lawsuit is very poor of Phil.I will say that his little green book is a decent book to understand the basics of a tight aggressive style. And he did have some decent results earlier in his career when he played more. That being said, he sure seems like a pompass A55 to me.

Taking public shots at respected members of the poker community is -EV for his future in the industry. I can assure you he turned off a few people by making some of his anti-wpt and rude comments towards Howard. Just tasteless in general. Keep it private, no need to air dirty laundry on network TV.

he's very tall
And could buy and sell almost any poker pro you can name several times over. Plus he's actually made the FT of a WSOP ME, unlike DN or E-Dog. I don't know why so many people are down on his game, personally.

What no one know expect Phil and Eric "Was it planned" or this is how Gordon sees Lindgren. I have never meet a poker player who did not have a ego you need a ego to be successful in any industry.

He's still pissed his buddy Rafe won a bracelet before him.....Rafe Furst. LMAO.Here's what Daniel wrote:'What the??????? Did PHIL GORDON just matter of factly say that Erick Lindgren has two big weaknesses in his game? Then go on to give two examples that couldn't be more untrue? It's almost slanderous. E-DOG gambles on 50/50's before the flop? Huh?? What??? Huh??? What??? Is this guy serious???How in the world did Phil Gordon become enough of an authority to say that Erick has two weaknesses in his game? If someone like Johnny Chan, or Doyle Brunson, or Chip Reese said something like that it would be somewhat understandable. But we are talking about PHIL GORDON here!!! I'm still in shock after reading this. This dude done lost his mind. Now, I've done similarly stupid things in the past. Clearly I've crossed that line before and know that speaking negatively about others play isn't something that is usually a good idea. But for a non-professional poker player to critique an actual professional's game, and in doing so, be about as off base as humanly possible, just makes no sense to me.The article comes off as though Gordon knows more about poker than Erick does. Phil, are you serious? Erick would absolutely trounce you at the poker table. He'd slap you up silly, seriously. You are talking about one of the best tournament players in the world today. A guy who's actually made his living playing the game of poker, whether it be online, in tournaments, or in cash games. What in the world makes you think you could spot a weakness in a player that plays better than you could even comprehend? Phil, did you proof read that column before you sent it? It makes you come off like a complete bafoon. You started out the column complimenting Erick, but you are like the king of the backhanded compliment or something, lol.Erick is a good buddy of mine, obviously, so you might say that I'm being biased. I'd challenge you to find 20 top players that think your comments where either accurate (in assessing his play), or appropriate coming from a TV Commentator/Author. For the record, I don't dislike you. I think you are completely wrong in this case, but I don't think you are a jerk or anything like that. I just don't understand what motivated you to write something like that in the way that you wrote it?'
does anyone have a link to the article? (phil gordon's article, not daniels)
It was in Bluff Magazine, not on their website though. This was just prior to Thanksgiving when Gordon was preparing for the live final table of the Full Tilt Million Dollar shootout, which he won for $600,000. He was discussing his strategies against each player. He seemed to have it out for Juanda inparticular. And also wrote about the guy who qualified online as if he were some complete donk, just because he qualified online. He said something about expecting the guy to go broke with one pair, etc.

I never liked Phil Gordon. He always seemed like a weird, stuck up, wannabe *******. ESPN showed him on the Nuts a few times, and he was trying to be funny like guys like Matusow or Daniel, and he just made himself look stupid.He is a pro player, and is alot better than me. So I respect his game but don't admire it at all. He is nothing special, he is nothing extraordinary, he is nothing magnificent, just in his own mind.

I think Gordon's realizing that without his show, he's just another decent player and nothing at all special, and he's cracking up about it. He really hasn't done anything in the poker world, is getting blown by a lot of the up-and-comers, and can't hack it. You can see some of his snideness towards Mike Sexton as well, regarding the whole WPT thing (he even made a negative comment about the final tables in the first ep), which is out of place on the show. He should leave his personal crap and the lawsuit off-camera, like Howard has.
Geez, sounds like it's pretty tough to be an up-and-comer these days. Sheesh!