I was playing 1-2 limit table at pokerroom.com and I was in the big blind with Ks-10c. A player two off the button raises and action comes to me and I think for a minute, the I decide to call. Flop comes down 2s, Qc, Kc. I check, everyone checks to him he bets I decide to call, having top pair showing. turn brings a third k, so I now have a set, so I bet he calls river comes off a blank and I win a 20 some odd dollar pot. He had A-Q os. Then the guy starts saying that I made a bad call. Did I make a bad call? I have been playing poker for only a short time and have read a few books. I thought I made the right play hear, did I ??? :|

I don't play much limit, so keep that in mind... It's probably a reasonable call. I'm not fond of calling raises w/ hands as weak as K10, KJ, A10, but since you were in the blind and it was a limit game I think you have to make that call. In a NL game I would NEVER call w/ hands that weak b/c even if you hit your hand you could already be beat. Conversly I will call little raises w/ suited connectors and small pairs, because if I do hit my hand I'll get paid.

I was playing 1-2 limit table at pokerroom.com and I was in the big blind with Ks-10c.  A player two off the button raises and action comes to me and I think for a minute, the I decide to call.  Flop comes down 2s, Qc, Kc. I check, everyone checks to him he bets I decide to call, having top pair showing. turn brings a third k, so I now have a set, so I bet he calls  river comes off a blank and I win a 20 some odd dollar pot. He had A-Q os. Then the guy starts saying that I made a bad call. Did I make a bad call? I have been playing poker for only a short time and have read a few books. I thought I made the right play hear, did I ???   :|
I think it could be viewed as such, but heads up, it's not bad. You're putting in $2 to win $7 (assuming you're the only caller of the raise). You catch top pair, backdoor flush & straight.. heck ya I'm calling. Then top trips, calling all the way. This guy that's berating you needs to STFU.

Not withstanding it is 1/2 limit, the only reason to check after flop was to check raise to see where you are now :wink:

Yeah man...totally tell that guy to go F himself and thank him for his money...I agree that k10 os is NOT a good hand at all, but since u were in the BB and only had to spot another 2, I would have callled as well...And then seein as how u hit top pair, with a possible str8 and flush...u did fine...no worries...Just watch those hands in the near future as they really arent all that good...k10, aj, hell...i dont even like seein qq or jj based on position....good luck to ya man..

Fold preflop. Cold calling with KT offsuit usually means you're dominated.Your flop play was much worse than your preflop call though. The guy whining about losing with second pair top kicker really sucks though. Don't let his whining bother you.

why play k-10 if you are going to check it when you hit top pair? i would have bet out at the flop. checking the K worked for you though, maybe if you bet it your opponent puts you on the K and lays down when your trips hit on the turn.anyway in a 1/2 limit game k-10 is a legitimate hand to mess around with, you didnt make a bad call but i probably would have bet the flop and if not raised when my opponent bet... this is a good play because now it seems like you have a much more powerful hand than k-10.

Fold preflop.  Cold calling with KT offsuit usually means you're dominated.Your flop play was much worse than your preflop call though.  The guy whining about losing with second pair top kicker really sucks though.  Don't let his whining bother you.
Should i have checked raised after the flop with top pair? I was concered about my kicker, that is why I checked called. I guess looking at it is a bad play. He could of easily had A-K.

With two clubs and two Broadways on board and the preflop raiser on the right, check/raise is standard here to blow the rest of the field out of the hand. Protect your hand and make it unprofitable for drawing hands to call.I just noticed you were the BB. Ignore my preflop comments, calling one bet from the BB with KT off is fine.Good hand. Would have been perfect with a check/raise on the flop, but everything else is fine.As others suggested, visit the Strategy forum. We'll try to be nice.