i have to quit poker for three months and it sucks

OK for the next three months while school isn't in session I am going home to live with my grandparents to work for a construction company. I will be making damn good money the only downfall is I wont get to play any poker. My grandparents have the internet but they do not approve of poker or any type of gambling at all. The main reason for this was because my uncle( ****ing idiot) gambled away over 20 k and his wife ended up divorcing him for it. Poker isn't the same as blackjack or let it ride but I don't want to argue with my grandparents because they don't know i play poker and if they did i would get cutoff financially and would have no place to live for the summer.So as of this thursday you guys probably wont see me on here or party poker until spetember. Unless i come visit my girlfriend at school. when i come back with a real bankroll in spetember i hopefully will have a new dedication to the game and start playing 5/10 and mtts exclusively. Anyway just wanted to write how shitty my summer is going to be and hopefully your guys' is better than working with a bunch of guys out in the heat and not being able to play any poker.

If you're making such good money, buy yourself a wireless laptop and play off their property. Or just buy a laptop (get a used one off Ebay, it doesn't have to be top-notch), buy a wireless router, and sit in your parked car and play. It doesn't have to be the end of the world, you're just not considering your (considerable) options..In the words of Doc Brown - "Marty, you're just not thinking 4th Dimensionally"

grandma is bed by 5oo after blue plate special.....get on at 800 and play till 2 when they wake up!!!

So let me get this straight. You have a good solid job for the summer.Your grandparents are putting you up for the summer.The don't approve of gambling because they saw your uncle (thier son I presume) destroy his life over gambling.And you gripe that cannot play cards for 3 months.You need a real problem to realize how fortunate you are.

Nothing wrong with abstaining for three months. Go drinking with your new co-workers. Spend more time with your girlfriend and family. Show yourself you can give it up for awhile. It doesn't have to be a prison sentence. You are still so young, who cares about three months. Enjoy the time off.

OK for the next three months while school isn't in session I am going home to live with my grandparents to work for a construction company.  I will be making damn good money the only downfall is I wont get to play any poker.  My grandparents have the internet but they do not approve of poker or any type of gambling at all.  The main reason for this was because my uncle( censored idiot) gambled away over 20 k and his wife ended up divorcing him for it.  Poker isn't the same as blackjack or let it ride but I don't want to argue with my grandparents because they don't know i play poker and if they did i would get cutoff financially and would have no place to live for the summer.So as of this thursday you guys probably wont see me on here or party poker until spetember.  Unless i come visit my girlfriend at school.  when i come back with a real bankroll in spetember i hopefully will have a new dedication to the game and start playing 5/10 and mtts exclusively.  Anyway just wanted to write how censored my summer is going to be and hopefully your guys' is better than working with a bunch of guys out in the heat and not being able to play any poker.
Sucks! Yeah, you don't want to argue with your grandma.Good luck with the job, and may the summer move swiftly and deliver you back to the virtual felt in no time.

I think it would be kinda good for me and my game to take a break for a while but not three months. I think the thing that i am gonna miss the most is watching it on tv and checking up on my favorite players and how they are doing.

Nothing wrong with abstaining for three months.  Go drinking with your new co-workers.  Spend more time with your girlfriend and family.  Show yourself you can give it up for awhile.  It doesn't have to be a prison sentence.  You are still so young, who cares about three months.  Enjoy the time off.
Thats right i do turn 21 on june 18 i will just half to drink my sorrows away
OK for the next three months while school isn't in session I am going home to live with my grandparents to work for a construction company.  I will be making damn good money the only downfall is I wont get to play any poker.  My grandparents have the internet but they do not approve of poker or any type of gambling at all.  The main reason for this was because my uncle( censored idiot) gambled away over 20 k and his wife ended up divorcing him for it.  Poker isn't the same as blackjack or let it ride but I don't want to argue with my grandparents because they don't know i play poker and if they did i would get cutoff financially and would have no place to live for the summer.So as of this thursday you guys probably wont see me on here or party poker until spetember.  Unless i come visit my girlfriend at school.  when i come back with a real bankroll in spetember i hopefully will have a new dedication to the game and start playing 5/10 and mtts exclusively.  Anyway just wanted to write how censored my summer is going to be and hopefully your guys' is better than working with a bunch of guys out in the heat and not being able to play any poker.
sorry to hear about the imposed layoff...i could write some b.s like the time away could help ...lol....it's gonna suck being away...i hope the summer brezzes by and you get back to playing soon....
I think it would be kinda good for me and my game to take a break for a while but not three months.  I think the thing that i am gonna miss the most is watching it on tv and checking up on my favorite players and how they are doing.
Dude... so lemme get this straight. Yr grandparents won't even let you watch it on TV, or use the internet to research gambling???That's pretty lame dude. You need to get yrself some new grandparents. I think Texas Dolly is available, but you'd have to check with Todd first. [sw]I can totally understand them not wanting you to gamble away yr hard earned bucks. But it really sucks that you can't even watch it.
So let me get this straight.  You have a good solid job for the summer.Your grandparents are putting you up for the summer.The don't approve of gambling because they saw your uncle (thier son I presume) destroy his life over gambling.And you gripe that cannot play cards for 3 months.You need a real problem to realize how fortunate you are.
Well said.
Nothing wrong with abstaining for three months.  Go drinking with your new co-workers.  Spend more time with your girlfriend and family.  Show yourself you can give it up for awhile.  It doesn't have to be a prison sentence.  You are still so young, who cares about three months.  Enjoy the time off.
You're 21 years old and you're moving in with your grandparents to accept a well-paying job? Get an apartment! I thought you were 17 or something. Worst case, go to the library and use the internet hookup there to check FCP and keep up. But seriously, there's no way in hell I'd be pushed around like that if there was half a choice in the matter. 21 is right around the cut-off for "My House, My Rules". Tell me you're at least not paying rent for that arrangement.
You're 21 years old and you're moving in with your grandparents to accept a well-paying job? Get an apartment! I thought you were 17 or something. Worst case, go to the library and use the internet hookup there to check FCP and keep up. But seriously, there's no way in hell I'd be pushed around like that if there was half a choice in the matter. 21 is right around the cut-off for "My House, My Rules". Tell me you're at least not paying rent for that arrangement.
21 and still in school = smart decision to live with grandparents and save some cashOne tip...don't play online poker when you visit your girlfriend at school. Don't even think about playing, because if you do you'll lose focus on what is really important...getting laid as much as possible before you go back to your grandparents' place.
But seriously, there's no way in hell I'd be pushed around like that if there was half a choice in the matter. 21 is right around the cut-off for "My House, My Rules". Tell me you're at least not paying rent for that arrangement.
He said in the original post that they are supporting him financially. So with that being the case, it's thier house, thier rules.Are you honestly saying that you (ajs510) have so little respect for your grandparents that if you were living with them, and they were supporting you, you would disrespect thier wishes? Especially in consideration of the fact they saw thier child's life destroyed by gambling?

Why not do this...since poker is so popular these days you should see if your fellow construction workers want to learn how to play. Or better yet see if they already have a house game going and get yourself invited. There is always more than one way to skin a cat or somethinglike that. 8)

But seriously, there's no way in hell I'd be pushed around like that if there was half a choice in the matter. 21 is right around the cut-off for "My House, My Rules". Tell me you're at least not paying rent for that arrangement.
He said in the original post that they are supporting him financially. So with that being the case, it's thier house, thier rules.Are you honestly saying that you (ajs510) have so little respect for your grandparents that if you were living with them, and they were supporting you, you would disrespect thier wishes? Especially in consideration of the fact they saw thier child's life destroyed by gambling?
I must have missed the part where it said he was living rent-free and being supported. I'm not saying he should disrespect their wishes.
I'm saying at 21 years old I would never be in this situation to begin with. I understand being a student and wanting to save money, but the fact is I couldn't move in with my grandparents and go back to having a curfew, restrictions, etc. Don't be a dick.
I'm saying at 21 years old I would never be in this situation to begin with. I understand being a student and wanting to save money, but the fact is I couldn't move in with my grandparents and go back to having a curfew, restrictions, etc. Don't be a dick.
Fair enough. I'm not sure if I could have done it either, but I say more power to the OP. Grandparents don't live forever, so it is cool to suck up your pride and live with them for a while.

How about going out and having a social life. Poker is a lonely game. Get some friends and get laid. Go all in on some girls, (or guys if you wish) instead of your computer. Tool Bag!!

21 and still in school = smart decision to live with grandparents and save some cashOne tip...don't play online poker when you visit your girlfriend at school. Don't even think about playing, because if you do you'll lose focus on what is really important...getting laid as much as possible before you go back to your grandparents' place.
Its not like i am just out of the blue going to stay with my grandparents. They have raised me since i was five years old. Since i have been in college i go home every summer , work and spend time with them.