$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

Andy Beal is in vegas and playing tonite. Story is at pokernews.com.Hopefully some more good tales come out of these matches. I wonder what the final numbers are when he rolls out of town?**** Mod Edited title to help prevent multiple threads. Thanks!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a PRIVATE High Limit area at the Wynn. If they are playing in the upper part of the room, that area is visible from other parts of the room. Any one else going to try and watch besides me?B in LV

ttiwwl
links to what? they haven't even started the matches yet.Just thought poker fans might want to know the biggest cash game in the world is back on!
The link to the story, maybe?
go to www.pokernews.com and look at the screen.
ttiwwl
links to what? they haven't even started the matches yet.Just thought poker fans might want to know the biggest cash game in the world is back on!
Nevermind..I'll do it. I realize now that the difficulty of such a monumental task should be left up to someone like me.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/2/rando...ker-notes-8.htm
ttiwwl
Nevermind..I'll do it. I realize now that the difficulty of such a monumental task should be left up to someone like me.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/2/rando...ker-notes-8.htm
Ohhhhhh...thank you so much for going through all the trouble for us almighty drawing dead. Oh wait, the OP put the link in the original post.
ttiwwl
Ohhhhhh...thank you so much for going through all the trouble for us almighty drawing dead. Oh wait, the OP put the link in the original post.
Actually, he didn't. Look again, dick biter.Some of us may have better things to do then go scour a web page for a 144 word story that someone else has read, and decided to make a post about.It'd be like if I said.."Hey, there's a very, very cool story about former Cincinatti Basketball coach Bob Huggins on ESPN.com. Here's the link, www.ESPN.com"Sorry that concept's beyond you.

My personal view on this is that a $5-50 million to Beal is a drop in the bucket from his perspective. In tournaments, everyone knows their downside (buyin). Cash games are very different IMHO. Beal has the edge overall, due to his fearlessness and lack of respect towards his bankroll ( he can just dip in for more). The pros, unless staked, will play more conservatively. Furthermore, the variance and stochastic probabilities are extremely wide, further giving an edge to Beal in regards to bankroll.

ttiwwl
Actually, he didn't. Look again, dick biter.Some of us may have better things to do then go scour a web page for a 144 word story that someone else has read, and decided to make a post about.It'd be like if I said.."Hey, there's a very, very cool story about former Cincinatti Basketball coach Bob Huggins on ESPN.com. Here's the link, www.ESPN.com"Sorry that concept's beyond you.
Now im pissed. I want that article.

if you are interested I'd reccomend the book "the prof, the banker and the suicide king" Card player has written on the topic ad nausem. "The Professor, The Banker and The Suicide King is a fascinating look at the highest limit poker game ever played and one man's somewhat quixotic quest to play and beat the world's best. A Billionaire banker from Dallas and poker hobbyist, Andy Beal, decided to take on some of the world's greatest poker players in headsup matches for buyins of $10 million dollars per player. Since the limits were so large, the pros had to pool their money into a "corporation" to take on the billionaire.The corporation changes from match to match since players were required to have their money on hand when the corporation is formed for each match or they get frozen out. At first the big-name pros are lining up to get a piece of the billionaire, but come to realize that the old saying "you better be careful what you wish for...you just may get it" rings true. Most of the members of the corporation are household names in poker, including Doyle Brunson, Jennifer Harman, Johnny Chan, Todd Brunson, Howard Lederer, Chau Giang, Barry Greenstein, Chip Reese, and Phil Ivey.The book concentrates primarily on Andy and his quest to beat the world's best at their own game. Through very very hard work, (writing computer simulations, practicing day and night, etc...) Andy evolves from a relative poker "newbie" to a real threat in just a few months, and the pro's start to get worried. Just one good session for Andy and the professionals will be busted. One of the most interesting facets of Andy's play is the use of his modified watch and chips to randomize his game and predict when his best bluff opportunities might occur. Additionally, Andy negotiates to get the limits pushed higher and higher over the matches until he and the corporation are playing for $100,000/$200,000 blinds. At these mind boggling limits it's interesting to see how the pros react as millions of dollars are won and lost on each hand, which pros are pushed out of their comfort zones, and which rise to the occasion.The dynamics of the corporation are interesting as the matches ebb and flow.Secondarily, the book talks with the pros and tries to get inside the mind set of pro poker players. Is it their need for action a double edged sword driving them to risk their security but in turn necessary play the biggest games in the world?This book was a very fast read and I would recommend it to anyone who follows poker, investing, or just dreams of being the best at something. The book isn't really a strategy book and doesn't concentrate on very many specific hands, but you should learn a thing or two about what it takes to be a pro player and the drive needed to become a self-made billionaire. After reading the book, if you're not inspired to work harder on your game and in your life...you must not have a pulse."