• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

I think he is doing a good job. I really enjoy the videos. It's the closest thing we are going to get to live coverage right now....so stop complaining.

#22 powerpoker

powerpoker

^^^^^ my second home

• Members
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

yea totally forgot about the pitt law school thing...i will aggree nice guy though...and for having no previous interviewing experience i think he is doing a good job

#23 gadzooks64

gadzooks64

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

The good news: He seems to be getting better.The bad news: He still suc ks.

#24 LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:55 PM

gadzooks64 said:

The good news: He seems to be getting better.The bad news: He still suc ks.
If that is your opinion then so be it, however, it would be of much more help if you could give an explanation as to why you think so. Too many people are too quick to point the finger.
" There are few things that are so unpardonably neglected in our country as poker. The upper class knows very little about poker. Now and then you find ambassadors who have sort of a general knowledge of poker, but the ignorance of the people is fearful. Why, I have known clergymen, good men, kind-hearted, liberal, sincere, and all that, who did not know the meaning of a "flush". It is enough to make one ashamed of the species." --Mark Twain

#25 Spadecrazy

Spadecrazy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

To be specific, he stumbles over a lot of what he says. There are a lot of umm...sooo's and he downright seems nervous a lot of the time, which to me, is uncomfortable to watch. The second thing is that he really doesn't seem to know poker or the people he's interviewing and seems to ask a lot of the same questions to the same person, but in different forms, which gets annoying for the interviewee and the audience. Not trying to flame, just giving constructive criticism. :club:

#26 STARMARK

STARMARK

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Poker

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

I played some 2-5 nl for about 3 hrs with him one nith at WSOP side games. real cool guy. Very open to analyzing his game. We even talked at length about some constructive criticism of each others game.I think he is doing a great job at something no one has done before him. Sure he has made a few mistakes. I'm sure he will review them and make adjustments in his game as needed. Havn't we all overvalued a hand before? looked back and said "what the @$@# was I thinking?

#27 theresa113

theresa113

Hi There!

• Members
  • 5,540 posts
  • Interests:Poker!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

I think he is sweet and engaging. He is also easy on the eyes. :club:
Be my friend on Facebook

Blue and White Ignite! Go Magic!

#28 Whatever

Whatever

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

i like they he is polite and respectful to everyone he interviews.
Exactly. He's come a long way from the first day and I expect him to continue to improve. I've enjoyed his work and love the fact that we're able to see some same day coverage of the WSOP. Between his videos and Phil Gordon's podcasts this year is lightyears ahead of the '04 series.

#29 ThreeRivsJoe

ThreeRivsJoe

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

is a good kid. He's in my fraternity at Pitt and I used to play cards with him while he was still around. Rich has no prior experience with anything like this and his handling it pretty well i think. I think it would be tough to interview some of these pros and come up with stuff to talk about with these guys on the spot. Im just saying give this guy a break, I would like to see half of you handle it half as well if you were thrown into it as he was.

#30 gadzooks64

gadzooks64

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

Whatever said:

i like they he is polite and respectful to everyone he interviews.
Exactly. He's come a long way from the first day and I expect him to continue to improve. I've enjoyed his work and love the fact that we're able to see some same day coverage of the WSOP. Between his videos and Phil Gordon's podcasts this year is lightyears ahead of the '04 series.
He is polite and respectful.I get the feeling that someone is feeding him information, as if he really doesn't know or isn't comfortable with some of the stuff he's talking about. The best interview that I've seen so far was with Lori.Phil Gordon's podcasts are fabulous! If you haven't checked them out yet you should.http://www.expertins...m/_Podcast.html

#31 Sushiman

Sushiman

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:45 AM

Do you know how hard it is to get on in front of a camera and do live reporting on the fly? This kid probably only gets one take for everything and I think he is doing a fine job considering he is an amateur. If anything, blame Cardplayer for being cheapasses but I think he is doing a fine job considering this will only be seen on the net. So what if he doesn't know that much about poker. You think Shana Hiatt knows anything about poker?

#32 gadzooks64

gadzooks64

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:48 AM

Sushiman said:

Do you know how hard it is to get on in front of a camera and do live reporting on the fly? This kid probably only gets one take for everything and I think he is doing a fine job considering he is an amateur. If anything, blame Cardplayer for being cheapasses but I think he is doing a fine job considering this will only be seen on the net. So what if he doesn't know that much about poker. You think Shana Hiatt knows anything about poker?
Excellent point, but I don't think Shana is expected to know anything about poker. I'm not sure they even care if Shana knows how to spell poker much less play it as long as she fills out the uniform.So, I guess I should just stop complaining and be glad that they are doing the videos because I can't stop watching them even if I think the are a little amaturish (sp?).Truce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users