West Virginia Mountaineers Basketball

• 2 weeks later...
10-1 recordhuggins doing a great jobship itmaybe we get some revenge on pitt in bball who knows?
Considering Pitt has been hurt with injuries I'd say WVU has a much better chance then I'd hope.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wvu got the Razor's Edge last nitenow they aren't even gonna make the tourney
guarentee they will if they dont get a bad loss and beat pitt at home, very possible or beat uconn which is also very possible. Last year their rpi was about 15 ranks lower than it is right now and we have a favorable schedule down the stretch. We dont have any really bad losses like last year and i think we are going to get in.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

2 WVU basketball players held in scuffle at PNC ParkTuesday, July 29, 2008By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteTwo members of the West Virginia University basketball team were awaiting arraignment this morning after an altercation last night with security officers at PNC Park.Joe Mazzulla and Cam Thoroughman were arrested after a scuffle at the security station where they had been detained by off-duty police officers working during the Pirates game against the Colorado Rockies.The two are charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and underage drinking.Police had to call for backup because Mr. Mazzulla and Mr. Thoroughman, both 20, were refusing to provide identification as they argued with the officers, according to a complaint.During the argument, Mr. Thoroughman claimed he was 17 years old. He later amended that to say he was 18. Police later found documents on him that showed he is 20, and that he is from Stout, Ohio.Police said Mr. Thoroughman, a 6-foot, 6-inch forward on the Mountaineers team, reached across a counter toward an officer.This led to at least two officers grabbing him as they demanded that he place his hands behind his back.He continued to struggle with the officers until they dragged him to the floor, police said.While Mr. Thoroughman was down, Mr. Mazzulla tried to intervene, pulling his teammate away from the officers, even throwing a punch at one of them before he, too, was subdued, according to officers.Mr. Mazzulla, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Johnston, R.I., had no identification on his person, police said.Police said the breath of both players smelled of alcohol.No injuries were reported.

• 3 months later...

7:00 PM Sat Nov 15 ELON 7:00 PM Thu Nov 20 LONGWOOD` 7:00 PM Tue Nov 25 DELAWARE STATE*` 9:00 PM Fri. Nov. 28 Iowa` BEL 7:30/10:30 Sat. Nov. 29 Kansas St/Kentucky` 9:00 PM Wed Dec 3 at Mississippi TBA Sat Dec 6 CLEVELAND ST 7:00 PM Tue Dec 9 Davidson! 7:00 PM Sat Dec 13 at Duquesne Noon Sat Dec 20 MIAMI (OH) 7:00 PM Tue Dec 23 RADFORD 4:00 PM Sat Dec 27 at Ohio State 4:00 PM Sat Jan 3 at Seton Hall BEL 7:00 PM Tue Jan 6 CONNECTICUT Noon Sat Jan 10 at Marquette BE 8:00 PM Wed Jan 14 Marshall* Noon Sat Jan 17 SOUTH FLORIDA BE 7:00 PM Thu Jan 22 at Georgetown 4:00 PM Sun Jan 25 PITT BEL 7:00 PM Wed Jan 28 ST. JOHN'S BEL Noon Sat Jan 31 at Louisville BE 7:00 PM Wed Feb 4 at Syracuse 4:00 PM Sat Feb 7 PROVIDENCE BEL 7:00 PM Mon Feb 9 at Pitt 9:00 PM Fri Feb 13 VILLANOVA 7:00 PM Wed Feb 18 NOTRE DAME BEL 3:00 PM Sun Feb 22 at Rutgers BEL 7:00 PM Thu Feb 26 at Cincinnati 4:00 PM Sun Mar 1 at South Florida BEL 7:00 PM Wed Mar 4 DEPAUL BEL 9:00 PM Sat Mar 7 LOUISVILLE TBA Mar 10-14 Big East Tourn$

• 1 month later...
TOO EASY, GO INTO OHIO STATE AND JUST SMASH THEM WITHOUT OUR STARTING PG
OSU isn't the same team that went to the title game two years ago, they are rebuilding still. Middle of the pack in the Big-10 at best.
OSU isn't the same team that went to the title game two years ago, they are rebuilding still. Middle of the pack in the Big-10 at best.
most likely, but it would have been nice if they would have showed up on their home floor. its not like wvu is that good yet... i think wvu will get alot better as the season goes on alot of young talent with ruoff and butler as the vets
  • 4 weeks later...
Once again....no.
I said that over a year ago lol. Pitt is just a better team than West Virginia this year and that's all it really came down too yesterday. Congrats on the W and maybe they will actually reach the sweet 16 this year... im jk They are really good this year and are a final 4 contender, imo.
lol OMG, that's why I said "once again" lol imo
doesnt really make sense... i was making the statement last year that we could get revenge on them... pitt is a different team this year and i dont think we can beat them unless we play really good