2009 Fcp Player Of The Year Vote

Rather than have just Gov and myself decide on who the Player of the Year should be we've nominated 5 members and I've sent out a PM to some members to vote on who it should be. The nominees are free to vote on themselves.A first place vote is worth 5 points, second place 3 points and third place 1 point. The most points wins.The 5 nominees in no particular order are:Fluffdog87no not baxterzimmer4141gibler321DinkDonkA total of 28 people will be voting on this. I wanted to make it a secret ballot and use the PM feature and that limits the number of people I could ask and I'm sure there are some members who I should have asked to vote but didn't. Here is the list of voters:BobGovFluffdog87no not baxterzimmer4141gibler321DinkDonkvbnautilusMoneyball16WandigoVtlaxer09silkyjonsontroyomacNaked_Cowboylooshleking_tannerJustLikeNegskobe2odom8TrueAce13Ko8e34donk4lifeHighwayStarbabylondonksTehtoelurbzMr. SparcoSuited_UpFARGOpokerND

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I replied to your PM saying I was happy to get selected but didn't realize that you were picking anyone who sucks...UBRZ?!?!?!?! :club:
i didn't realize we changed the spellingi guess they needed a SNG grinder? only explanation i can come up with[x] voted thoEDIT:My predictions for king_tanner:1) I"M2) DRUNK3) BOB
i didn't realize we changed the spellingi guess they needed a SNG grinder? only explanation i can come up with[x] voted thoEDIT:My predictions for king_tanner:1) I"M2) DRUNK3) BOB
This is offensive. I haven't been drunk since last night.
Ahhem.... :club:
you should be on that list lol, as well as Nutz and NoSup4U
Give Rose Suited's vote and that'll be a good list.
lmao
LOOOOOL
even more loooooooool
gibler in a landslide imoMark
not being totally impartial here but you got that right
I wanted to make it a secret ballot and use the PM feature and that limits the number of people I could ask and I'm sure there are some members who I should have asked to vote but didn't.
I'm pretty sure you're missing more than just a few.:club:

I know no one really cares but I took voting pretty seriously and decided to let people know how I voted and my thought process behind it. I feel pretty unbiased given that I have had only relatively brief or no communication via IMs or live meetings with all the nominees.1st- Zimmer. In terms of money made this year which I used as my primary factor in voting after looking at the various cash game and tourney(live and online) databases I concluded that in general Zimmer made the most money, followed by Gibler, DinkDonk, and NNB being very close, followed by Fluffdog. The fact that most of his money came from one score isn't quite as impressive as a bunch of smaller ones but consider how big it was and the fact that he has shown good versatility being a winner in cash games and online and live tourneys I still went with him first. I thought I was going to dock Zimmer some points for not being around FCP as much the last couple months but he still added a lot to the community in the earlier part of the year so decided against it.2nd- DinkDonk. When I found that DinkDonk, NNB and Gibler seemed so close in yearly winnings I looked mostly at their posts and I feel like DinkDonk has contributed more value from his posts than the other 2. Even though the LHE Strat forums are pretty dead most of the time DinkDonk would still help people out there and other places with some of the best strategy and overall poker mindset posts around. Also online cash game databases seem less accurate than online tourney databases so I feel like the winnings I calculated would be most inaccurate on the low side for him.3rd- Gibler. Between him and NNB the winnings I found for Gibler were a little bit higher and I feel like in terms of one of the things that are not tracked being live tourney buyins him being under 21 while NNB playing likely many more live events without any serious scores makes the difference I found in overall winnings to be a little bit higher that what it initially appeared to be. Also since he had a big live win he showed more versatility than NNB.I know we could only vote for 3 people, but I may as well rank the other 2. 4th- No not baxter. I have little to add besides what I already said above in the above comments.5th- Fluffdog. With what seems like a mediocre year online for both tourneys and cash and only a couple decent scores live while most definitely spending the most on live buyins I feel safe ranking Fluff 5th. He obviously contributes a lot to FCP and if I were to give my predictions for who would be most deserving of 2010 POY I would rank Fluff possibly #1 if not close, but he doesn't seem to have had as good of a year as the other 4 nominees. Also if it was closer I may have docked him a few points for winning last year and given that player of the month can only be won once it seems like it would be reasonable to have similar restrictions for POY.Hopefully this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings as they are all great players and seem like good guys as well.

Since we are revealing how we voted.1)Gibler2)nnb3)FluffI rarely ever see Zimmer or Dinkdonk post here which is why I did not consider them. Had nothing to do with the results they had this year. For me it should go to someone who posts here and has results.So for me it was between Gibler and nnb. Both seemed to have monster years. Gibler seemed to have a few more big cashes than nnb so I went with him.Fluff in 3rd because he still posts regularly and is a sick player.I would have liked to see Looshle and VT in the top 5.