is it just me... (please read)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CodyHartman

CodyHartman

My Son is More Punk Rawk Then You

• Members
  • 3,687 posts
  • Interests:My new baby boy, my pugs, my awesome wife of 6 years, MMA, pokah, and my nintendo DS.
  • Favorite Poker Game:$.50/1 LHE

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:44 AM

Or are there TOO many poker sites to play at now. Some of this is a rant and it is a long looking post, but it is not that much text, just looks like it.It seems like every week there is a new site opening up. Now there are some perks like promos, and bonuses. But how can anyone fully try and play at more the 3 or 4. Even at full time play, or playing 2 or 3 sites at a time. Let's not forget that having money between all these different sites it also impossible. Maybe I should start a site that would allow you to have a central bank account that is connected to certain sites and you could put $$ on a table or buy in to a tourney from it, and when you $$ out it would go back into that account. This would stop us from only playing site we have $$ on and we wouldn't have to have a bunch of $$ spread out. I would have to work out this obviously b/c the poker sites make $$ on the intrest of your cash in their bank account.I am all for capatalism and competetion BUT it is getting out of hand. Here is a list of the ones I can think of off the top of my head, and a little help from bonuswhores.com. Please feel free to add to my list as well as comment. I may add these other names to the original list to see how many there are, skins count too (they are the smae network, but you still have to have their site and $$ in that site, right? I don't play on any skin on the same network).1. Party2. Ultimate Bet3. PStars4. Paradise5. Pokerroom6. Empire7. Pacific8. BoDog9. Planet10. PMountain11. Full Tilt12. Absolute13. LittleWoods14. Hollywood 15. Crazy 16. Intertops17. Prima18. Gaming Club19. Bet 36520. Bugsey's Room21. BetonBet22. InterPoker23. PPlex24. Classic25. Littlewoods26. William Hill 27. Caribbean Sun28. Ritz Club London29. 24/7 30. BetFair 31. EuroBet 32. PPlex33. B2B poker34. 24h (is this 24/7??)35. Apex36. Golden Palace37. Victor Chandler38. Action Poker39. Tiger Gaming40. True Poker41. Jet Set Poker42.Wpex43. America's Cardroom44. Poker World45. Victoria's Poker46. Pokertropolis47. Platinum Poker ClubI know there are some missing. Probably some smaller sites or European sites that are not on Bonus Whore. I also realize that many of these are not premier sites and that the beauty of capatalism is that sooner or later they will go broke b/c they suck. As a player who is looking for a quality site that does well and has many players and games available, I know that sites like Party and Stars have huge tournies that have nice prizepools and some of you may not like such large tournies for various reasons,( I know timewise I have a hard time sitting in some biggder tournies that I would like to play b/c I don't have/my wife won't give me the time that is needed). But a site like Poker Mountain will probably not make it even though they have some great promos and software, b/c they are just another poker site.Am I off base here, what do you think.Cody

#2 dna4ever

dna4ever

The Parochial Chicken

• Members
  • 33,614 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

Welcome to America (and the world). Survival of the fittest. Obviously there is a HUGE amount of profit in online poker right now and everyone wants a piece. Those that market the best and listen to their players will ultimately survive and those that don't wont. I think there is definitely a saturation level right now, but poker is in a boom and still growing by leaps and bounds. Supply and Demand baby!

#3 CodyHartman

CodyHartman

My Son is More Punk Rawk Then You

• Members
  • 3,687 posts
  • Interests:My new baby boy, my pugs, my awesome wife of 6 years, MMA, pokah, and my nintendo DS.
  • Favorite Poker Game:$.50/1 LHE

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

How did this get dual posted, sorry to y'all. Why not start the real discusion here then. the other thread is a dumb flame war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users