Sad State Of Usa

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17879317/site/newsweek/62% of registered voters would not vote for a declared atheist (presumablythat means regardless of policy). i wonder what the fallout would be if 62%said they wouldn't vote for an african american regardless of policy.
I wouldn't vote for a black person either..Then again I am the leader of the KKKEdit: I just realized your name!! Awesome name!! I'm more of a Servo man myself
In the poll, 68 percent of respondents said they believed someone could be moral and an atheist, compared to 26 percent who said it was not possible.
26% of people really believe you can't be moral if you aren't religious. Some people are stupid I guess.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17879317/site/newsweek/62% of registered voters would not vote for a declared atheist (presumablythat means regardless of policy). i wonder what the fallout would be if 62%said they wouldn't vote for an african american regardless of policy.
So, then, by your line of thinking an atheist is comparable to an african american? I doubt your being serious, but I will post anyway. 62% of Americans would like leaders who share there system of belief, regardless of policy, because that system of belief is very important to them. That seems pretty simple to me. Even if the only thread that is common is the belief in a higher power, whatver it is. See, the issue is this- you think something is wrong with us, so why would we want you representing us? Especially when you are missing out on one of most essential relationships a man can ever have? In our eyes, you are incomplete.
So, then, by your line of thinking an atheist is comparable to an african american? I doubt your being serious, but I will post anyway.
i'm being very serious. that is blatant prejudice.
62% of Americans would like leaders who share there system of belief, regardless of policy, because that system of belief is very important to them.
that's throwing away separation of church and state, and look where it has got us.
Even if the only thread that is common is the belief in a higher power, whatver it is.
false. romney believes in the same god as you do but is virtually as unelectable as an atheist because he is a mormon.
false. romney believes in the same god as you do but is virtually as unelectable as an atheist because he is a mormon.
The mormon god is not the same God as in the Bible. Not even close. Mormons believe that the god of this world was a man on another world, met the requirements, and became a god and was given 10,000 wives and a new planet to populate. And if you are a good mormon, you too can have your own planet, 10,000 wives and you get to pick the method of salvation for your new world.Not the same.original point:The only way the above article could be considered a sad state for the USA is if you can prove that an athiest, by his nature of being an athiest, would be a better President than everyone else. Otherwise it is just a state of affairs, not a sad or a happy state.
i'm being very serious. that is blatant prejudice.that's throwing away separation of church and state, and look where it has got us.false. romney believes in the same god as you do but is virtually as unelectable as an atheist because he is a mormon.
Not voting for somebody because they don't believe in something I do is not prejudice. By that argument, you could say that voting is a system that not only condones prejudice, but encourages it. I think the real issue is you are are just unsettled by the fact that there are more of us than you, and you cannot win. Ever. That's gotta really suck.
Not voting for somebody because they don't believe in something I do is not prejudice. By that argument, you could say that voting is a system that not only condones prejudice, but encourages it.
it is blatant prejudice when religious belief supersedes policy. and our voting system DOES encourage prejudice, as well as encouraging candidates to misrepresent themselves. it's a major problem.
I think the real issue is you are are just unsettled by the fact that there are more of us than you, and you cannot win.
if you define the current administration as a "win" i feel even sorrier for you than i already did lol.
The mormon god is not the same God as in the Bible.
yes it is. they suppliment what is known about him, but it's the same god as represented in the bible - same origin. irrelevant to the point anyway.
The only way the above article could be considered a sad state for the USA is if you can prove that an athiest, by his nature of being an athiest, would be a better President than everyone else. Otherwise it is just a state of affairs, not a sad or a happy state.
what do you mean "by his nature of being an atheist"? that very statement demonstrates the non-separation of church and state prejudice i'm talking about.
i wonder what the fallout would be if 62%said they wouldn't vote for an african american regardless of policy.
I don't think those are really comparable. One doesn't choose to be black.
yes it is. they suppliment what is known about him, but it's the same god as represented in the bible - same origin. irrelevant to the point anyway.what do you mean "by his nature of being an atheist"? that very statement demonstrates the non-separation of church and state prejudice i'm talking about.
Your argument is that because Americans will not vote for an Athiest, it is a sad state.It can only be a positive if an Athiest is always a positive. If an athiest is neutral in his potential for being a great president, then not voting for one is neither good nor bad. It just is.If you want to say not voting for an athiest is bad, than you must prove first that voting for an athiest is goodand you know little or nothing about mormanism if you think the gods are the same as a Christians
I don't think those are really comparable. One doesn't choose to be black.
one's religious belief or lack therof isn't (or shouldn't be) a matter of choice either. it is (should be) something that is compelled.but that's also irrelevant to the point.
Your argument is that because Americans will not vote for an Athiest, it is a sad state.
no, i'm saying because americans as a whole will not vote for anyone other than a christian it is a sad state.
It can only be a positive if an Athiest is always a positive. If an athiest is neutral in his potential for being a great president, then not voting for one is neither good nor bad. It just is. If you want to say not voting for an athiest is bad, than you must prove first that voting for an athiest is good
missing the point, which is it's prejudice and potentially detrimental to the country to prioritize christian belief above all else when choosing government. the current adminstration is the best example in history.
and you know little or nothing about mormanism if you think the gods are the same as a Christians
their concept of god is absolutely based on the bible. they may interpret it differently, but their godhead does have the same origin and basis as christianity.
it is blatant prejudice when religious belief supersedes policy. and our voting system DOES encourage prejudice, as well as encouraging candidates to misrepresent themselves. it's a major problem.if you define the current administration as a "win" i feel even sorrier for you than i already did lol.
Then, your problem isn't with the choices believers make it's the choices they are forced to make because the system blows. I agree with that, but what choice do they have? The voting public is well aware that for the most part a candidate won't be what they say they will be, so there is little to no point at all in even listening to what they say. How could it possibly suprise you that people end up voting exlusively by what is tangible to them? What is the alternative? As far as the current administration as a win, I would love to have seen what a democrat could have possibly done better or differently in these times. As you well know, there is alot of pointing fingers but you won't hear alot of solutions,that is for damn sure. No party has done a better job at masking reality through horseshit then the Democratic party through the liberal media these past 7-10 years. For that matter, what could an atheist have done better? Debate terrorist to death on why they shouldn't believe in a God anyway? This is a group who doesn't give a ****, which anybody who actually knows how to fight a war knows requires the same mentality to win. Which, Democrats don't give a **** but they sure as hell pretend they do, and the more they play the bleeding heart the more people die as the enemy becomes emboldened. Do you realize how much blood is on the hands of the democratic party and the media they own? Everytime a democrat talks of withdrawl and a soldier dies when a terrorist sees the coverage, and gets a big smile on hsi face because he tastes a win, and feels empowered to strike again, a democrat is personally responsible. The funny thing is, democrats are completely screwed in this next election yet again. Hillary won't win because she is a woman, and has lost a significant portion of her backing. Obama can't win because A, he is largely unknown and B, he is black. He may be the best choice in my opinion, but he cannot win, and really that doesn't even need to be said. They are to disorganized and largely scatterebrained, and have been for quite awhile. It won't change anytime soon. So, I am sorry you won't be able to push through legisaltion to harvest dead baby parts, or continue to push legislature to harvest the dead babies in the first place. I am sorry creation is re entering curriculum, through actual- GASP!- Bible classes as electives in schools. I am sorry Iran is next- but not that sorry. Somebody has to do what is right.
missing the point, which is it's prejudice and potentially detrimental to the country to prioritize christian belief above all else when choosing government. the current adminstration is the best example in history.
Which Christian belief is so bad, the do not steal? or do not bear false witness, or the obey the government put above you? Most Christian principle founded nations are doing very well, where as most if not all athiest/communist founded countries are cess pools of history.
their concept of god is absolutely based on the bible. they may interpret it differently, but their godhead does have the same origin and basis as christianity.
You are so wrong it is sad...stay with arguing politics because you have no concept of mormonism vs Biblical truth. None
Which Christian belief is so bad, the do not steal? or do not bear false witness, or the obey the government put above you?
so you're implying an atheist or person of non-christian faith cannot share christian morals? morality has nothing specifically to do with christianity. i even know a few atheists who are pro-life (for different reasons than christians).
Most Christian principle founded nations are doing very well, where as most if not all athiest/communist founded countries are cess pools of history.
1. there are no countries founded specifically on atheism.2. success rates of communism vs. democracy has nothing to do with "christian principals". it has to do with superior capitalist principals.3. china would like a word with you.
You are so wrong it is sad...stay with arguing politics because you have no concept of mormonism vs Biblical truth. None
i didn't say anything about what is "truth". obviously i think both mormonism and christianity are equally BS. all i said mormonism is based on the same biblical god as christianity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Church_of...tter-day_Saints
I agree with that, but what choice do they have?
change the system.
As far as the current administration as a win, I would love to have seen what a democrat could have possibly done better or differently in these times.
this isn't a republican/democrat thing either. in the case of bush america chose (actually didn't, but that's another story) an incompetent candidate simply because he was the "most" christian - the most spiritual.
The funny thing is, democrats are completely screwed in this next election yet again.
yes, unless gore runs.
I am sorry Iran is next- but not that sorry. Somebody has to do what is right.
lol at anyone who think abortion is immoral but war isn't.
As far as the current administration as a win, I would love to have seen what a democrat could have possibly done better or differently in these times.
I can imagine a lot of people not invading Iraq.
so you're implying an atheist or person of non-christian faith cannot share christian morals? morality has nothing specifically to do with christianity. i even know a few atheists who are pro-life (for different reasons than christians).1. there are no countries founded specifically on atheism.2. success rates of communism vs. democracy has nothing to do with "christian principals". it has to do with superior capitalist principals.3. china would like a word with you.i didn't say anything about what is "truth". obviously i think both mormonism and christianity are equally BS. all i said mormonism is based on the same biblical god as christianity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Church_of...tter-day_Saints
Sorry, Christians laid claim to morality, athiest are just parasites on society, always have been. From schools, hospitals to churchs, Christians support and build up communities, athist only live off them. And to pretend the communism/athiest connection is only small is to be dishonest. The state takes the place of God, an they have proved how evil they all became.Wikipedia isn't relevant , but I will drop the mormon arguement only because it's pointless to help you understand how things are when you have a agenda that doesn't matter one way or the other regarding mormonism vs Bible.
change the system.this isn't a republican/democrat thing either. in the case of bush america chose (actually didn't, but that's another story) an incompetent candidate simply because he was the "most" christian - the most spiritual. yes, unless gore runs.lol at anyone who think abortion is immoral but war isn't.
I wouldn't go to war personally, and don't like the idea on a personal level, but what is a GOVERNMENT supposed to do? Rollover *** up and take it up the pooper? When a country is attacked at the level that this country was attacked, there is no other option, and it wouldn't have mattered who was in office. Any politician who says otherwise is just lying. Change the system? How? Kill everybody who isn't educated enough? By what standards? Have a panel of supremely educated choose(wisely, of course) who should lead? There is no other choice but what we have now, and really, you illustrated my point- "change the system" but no ideas on the how. Anybody who has any idea that makes sense as to what to do to a group of people that attacks your country using your own transportation system against you to kill hundreds of people in one of your biggest cities, and what should be done to the tyrants who encourage them finanace them ,house them, please speak up. Otherwise, shut up already. All you do is embolden the enemy, and put american soldiers in even more dangerous conditions. Seriously, good work.
I can imagine a lot of people not invading Iraq.[/quote I can imagine Sadam Hussein continuing to systematically rape his people of anything and everything. Or did you forget that part?
Sorry, Christians laid claim to morality, athiest are just parasites on society, always have been. From schools, hospitals to churchs, Christians support and build up communities, athist only live off them. And to pretend the communism/athiest connection is only small is to be dishonest. The state takes the place of God, an they have proved how evil they all became.
thanks for emphasizing my point about prejudice by example. or is this an april fools joke? if so good one.
Wikipedia isn't relevant
ok lol. mutually verifiable facts aren't relevant.
I wouldn't go to war personally, and don't like the idea on a personal level, but what is a GOVERNMENT supposed to do?
diplomatic solutions are almost always available. they certainly are right now in the case of iran.
When a country is attacked at the level that this country was attacked, there is no other option
last i checked neither iraq nor iran has attacked us.
and it wouldn't have mattered who was in office. Any politician who says otherwise is just lying.
naive.
Change the system? How? Kill everybody who isn't educated enough?
no, duh. change the political system - get rid of the 2 party thing, reduce the president's power vs. congress, put limits on campaign fund raising etc.
thanks for emphasizing my point about prejudice by example. or is this an april fools joke? if so good one.ok lol. mutually verifiable facts aren't relevant.
Not April's Fool, but I admit I was trying to yank your chain more than normal.But the mormon thing, yea you are wrong. I know mormonism pretty well and they do not serve the same God I do
diplomatic solutions are almost always available. they certainly are right now in the case of iran.Worked for Chamberlain so well too.last i checked neither iraq nor iran has attacked us.Just our Embassy'sno, duh. change the political system - get rid of the 2 party thing, reduce the president's power vs. congress, put limits on campaign fund raising etc.
Yea, that's what we need, a constitutional convention with this group of bought and paid for politicians to fix things.Let's just try to distract them from making any changes for now