Evolution Jeopardy

This. Is. Jeopardy!Welcome to this special edition of Jeopardy, designed specifically to test the evolution proficiency of our favorite balloon man. The rules: - Balloon Guy will be the only contestant so please do not post your own answers before he does. - Responses must be in the form of a question. - We are going to play Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy, but Balloon Guy must have a positive score to enter Final Jeopardy. - There are two Daily Doubles in this round. - I, Alex Trebek, will decide the correctness of BG's responses, and if there is any dispute, will consult with the judges panel. (also me)Here are the categories. Basics----- Terminology-----Genetics ---- Human Evolution-----Potpourri----200-------------200---------------200-----------------200-------------------200---------400-------------400---------------400-----------------400-------------------400---------600-------------600---------------600-----------------600-------------------600---------800-------------800---------------800-----------------800-------------------800--------1000------------1000-------------1000----------------1000------------------1000----ScoreBalloon Guy: 0

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I am a huge fan Alex..really excited to be here. I am looking to answer these with the evolutionist perspective in mind, so as such I will only answer based on the answers I think you idiots would think was true...no matter how wrong you guys are!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!11AND I will not google anything etc, which I am sure will be very apperant after the first answer, but I didn't want anyone to think I would cheat. Luckily for you guys I answer to a higher authority and not to the current trends in society, which would allow me to cheat 'as long as no one gets hurt'.But I will start with Human evolution for $150 AlexOkay $200.

You know, I don't think this is the real Alex Trebek at all.
What is an example of a dumb joke that Mercury would make because he doesn't post for other people's enjoyment?
What is an example of a dumb joke that Mercury would make because he doesn't post for other people's enjoyment?
Good thing this isn't FCP Jeopardy.(I was just pointing out that the real Alex Trebek probably wouldn't misspell his own name.)
Human Evolution for $200. The (approximate) percentage of DNA humans share with chimpanzees.
the answer is nobody knows at this point, and it would require a more technically specific phrasing of the question to have any real meaning.
the answer is nobody knows at this point, and it would require a more technically specific phrasing of the question to have any real meaning.
there are actually some decent studies out there now. but I doubt Alex was looking for a technical response, he probably just wanted to get at the gist that a large proportion of dna is similar between chimps and humans.
there are actually some decent studies out there now. but I doubt Alex was looking for a technical response, he probably just wanted to get at the gist that a large proportion of dna is similar between chimps and humans.
Thanks Alex!
That's close enough. The traditional answer is 98.5%, but there have been some challenges to that number, so you are in the ballbark. Balloon Guy: 200The board is yours.
Let's go Human Evolution for 400 Alex
Human Evolution: 400The oldest of Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Neanderthalensis.
an easy one everyone should know without giggling :club:
He didn't last very long...
He didn't last very long...
I thought it would take crow at least 4 or 5 questions before he had to share with us all his superior knowledge and expertise about everything.It took the first question.and the second he isn't even waiting for my answer to let us know he knows.He reminds me of that little on Little House on the Praire who's dad owned the general store. The ugly one with pigtails who always looked down on the other children, not realizing that she was the biggest douche in the town.
Human Evolution: 400The oldest of Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Neanderthalensis.
Well I remember the neandrethal because it turned out to be a fake but it was already in the picture of man evolving so they just called that section neanderthal to save printing cost...I think Erectus was pretty late, but I don't really remember it's place.Habilis seems to me to be earlier just since I haven't heard of it.What is Homo Habilis alex?
and the second he isn't even waiting for my answer to let us know he knows.
somewhere along the line i broke your sarcasm detector apparently. it's a hard question i wouldn't expect anyone to know the answer to off the top of their heads. i didn't.edit: looking back i see i missed the word "of" in the question and read it as "what is the oldest known of each of those". sorry lol.
Correct!(and ha, you said homo!)Balloon Guy: 600Select again.
I said homo and Alex in the same sentance too...Pot Pour eyafor 200 Alex