Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

I watched 30min. I heard a lot of "you suck", "no you suck", so I turned it off.

None of the front leaders have anything real to say, just a lot of crazy sh$t. Danny is right, its really funny watching the people we thought were out there, look like a straight laced candidate. Maybe this is all part of the big plan by the Rep party.

Id like to say I wish the Dems will be better, but they wont.

Its amazing how much like an 80's SNL satire US politics has become.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to let this slide, but I just watched the video in question again and I just can't.   You watched a black man almost moved to tears as he passionately talked about an election and a coun

Most of you know that I am a fiscal conservative. If you didn't, you know now. I didn't vote for Trump and Im pretty sure I wouldn't have voted for Bernie Sanders. Would have looked for a 3rd candidat

My aunt used to foster parent children. I don't know how many she had, but I'd guess a few.   The last one she had she ended up adopting and now she's my cousin and she's awesome. She's early in he

I watched 30min. I heard a lot of "you suck", "no you suck", so I turned it off.

None of the front leaders have anything real to say, just a lot of crazy sh$t. Danny is right, its really funny watching the people we thought were out there, look like a straight laced candidate. Maybe this is all part of the big plan by the Rep party.

Id like to say I wish the Dems will be better, but they wont.

Its amazing how much like an 80's SNL satire US politics has become.

I mean, the Dems are far less crazy, You don't have people leading the most powerful country in the world saying things like vaccines cause autism, global warming isn't real, abortion should be outlawed, and government employees refusing to do their job are the same as MLK, but they are equally satirical. You've got the corrupt insider frontrunner (Clinton), the far-left hippie commie (Sanders), the no-personality bureaucrat (Biden). Pretty sure that Derek Jeter could run as an independent and get about 80% of the popular vote. Hell, at this point, I'd vote for him (if I had a vote). And if I had told you 2 years ago that the next President would either be Donald Trump, an anti-science Doctor, a failed CEO of a dying computer company, or Derek Jeter - who would you have guessed would be the "real" answer?

I mean, the Dems are far less crazy, You don't have people leading the most powerful country in the world saying things like vaccines cause autism, global warming isn't real, abortion should be outlawed, and government employees refusing to do their job are the same as MLK, but they are equally satirical. You've got the corrupt insider frontrunner (Clinton), the far-left hippie commie (Sanders), the no-personality bureaucrat (Biden). Pretty sure that Derek Jeter could run as an independent and get about 80% of the popular vote. Hell, at this point, I'd vote for him (if I had a vote). And if I had told you 2 years ago that the next President would either be Donald Trump, an anti-science Doctor, a failed CEO of a dying computer company, or Derek Jeter - who would you have guessed would be the "real" answer?

Is this sarcasm? Joe Biden is uber likable and easy going. He didn't get a rep as being a gaffe machine because he stays on script, he has loads of personality.

Hey Daniel..Wouldnt Trump be good for our cause...He spoke out against Adelson the other day and I am assuming he would be for online poker?

I totally agree with you guys on Biden. I was referring to how he is sometimes portrayed and/or how he might be portrayed in comedy. The fact that his name is boring, he looks boring and his role is to be the less-controversial second-banana to a lightning rod president).

I think if he runs instead of Clinton, this election is over before it starts. Though, I'd imagine most people at the time didn't know that Clinton was doing some so stupid. Plus, then we wouldn't be getting the Trump show, and Republicans wouldn't have had to confront that their party is not the party of fiscal conservatives, faith-based families and thoughtful dissenters, but instead are a bunch of crazy racist war-mongering morons.

Seriously though, if Biden ran instead of Clinton. Would we even be having any of these conversations? Not saying they were wrong to run Clinton necessarily (unless they knew about the crazy terrible stuff she did, though even without that, she is going to be more polarizing than Biden), but even without it, seems like Biden cake-walks to victory. Then again, most wouldn't have predicted that you'd have Trump, Carson and Fiorina leading polls while actual politicians (not a compliment) like Rubio, Walker, Perry and Bush were so hopeless. What a weird election and there's still so much left.

It's hard to say who could run away with it. This country makes zero sense to me. I Get people like that Trump will say whatever's in his mind with no usual filter that is associated with campaigning but he will simply destroy this country of he actually became president.

Bush is someone who I could possibly see myself voting for as he's pretty moderate for a republican. But he has no chance because people associate him with his brother. People don't realize Jeb is the good son.

I'll be voting Clinton or Biden. Whichever gets the nomination. I don't see a non radical R winning the nom so my mind has already been made. If Bush gets it then I would pay more attention when the real race starts. I have no issue with Clinton. The email thing is stupid. Oh we found some bad emails! Then nothing ever comes out. She made a mistake but in the end there was no real crime committed. Get over it. She's more than qualified. But I'd take Biden over her in a heartbeat.

Allegedly. Nothing has been said other than the FBI has found deleted emails. It's been reported before the silently goes away only to come back again.

I'll be honest though and say I dont care. I'm not naive to believe that all politicians at any level have not done things they shouldn't. If definitive proof ever comes out then I have the human ability to reevaluate my choices. Till then I won't lose sleep over it.

I know we are on different sides of the spectrum on how we perceive the government. I'm too tired to argue with you if it comes to that. I honestly care little. I'll vote for who won't **** me financially. That's all I care about. Me and my family. Emails don't hurt my family. Not at this time. ;)

Could you all please respect Biatchs desire to have this thread about gambling, and not about politics. Thank you very much for your consideration and understanding gentlemen.

Done! I hate talking about politics. Sorry.

It's hard to say who could run away with it. This country makes zero sense to me. I Get people like that Trump will say whatever's in his mind with no usual filter that is associated with campaigning but he will simply destroy this country of he actually became president.

Bush is someone who I could possibly see myself voting for as he's pretty moderate for a republican. But he has no chance because people associate him with his brother. People don't realize Jeb is the good son.

I'll be voting Clinton or Biden. Whichever gets the nomination. I don't see a non radical R winning the nom so my mind has already been made. If Bush gets it then I would pay more attention when the real race starts. I have no issue with Clinton. The email thing is stupid. Oh we found some bad emails! Then nothing ever comes out. She made a mistake but in the end there was no real crime committed. Get over it. She's more than qualified. But I'd take Biden over her in a heartbeat.

Didn't she destroy evidence?

She sent and received thousands of personal emails using a private server, which is pretty iffy for a government official, especially a high-ranking one, since everything they do for the government has to be on government servers so they can be read if need be. First she lied about doing it, then she said they were all personal, but the FBI has found that they weren't. So basically she conducted significant high-ranking government business in secrecy, and there's no way of knowing what or how much because it's gone (fact that it is deleted isn't that suspicious necessary, since private servers wouldn't normally hold things forever).

For a career politician to conduct business directly related to her high office on private servers is an impressively terrible and obviously wrong thing to do, even if you aren't Dale. We'll never really know the extent or harm tbh. Then again, most of us believe that the government does all sorts of secret stuff that we'll never know about and they'd lie through their teeth about, so the fact that one person was doing it in a way that hid it from other government officials doesn't really mean that much and we'll just have to hope it would have come out if she was actually selling nukes to Syria or something.

Could you all please respect Biatchs desire to have this thread about gambling, and not about politics. Thank you very much for your consideration and understanding gentlemen.

You know what? This is very accurate, and in a non-sarcastic way. My apologies to Biatch and the gamblers. I'll take any future actual politics talk elsewhere!

Hey Daniel..Wouldnt Trump be good for our cause...He spoke out against Adelson the other day and I am assuming he would be for online poker?

He could run on the platform of online poker regulation and tout PokerStars, but I could never support this guy. He is drawing completely dead anyway. Of late, he has been totally losing his mind attacking CNN reporters for simply sharing facts that they had video evidence of.

I totally agree with you guys on Biden. I was referring to how he is sometimes portrayed and/or how he might be portrayed in comedy. The fact that his name is boring, he looks boring and his role is to be the less-controversial second-banana to a lightning rod president).

I think if he runs instead of Clinton, this election is over before it starts. Though, I'd imagine most people at the time didn't know that Clinton was doing some so stupid. Plus, then we wouldn't be getting the Trump show, and Republicans wouldn't have had to confront that their party is not the party of fiscal conservatives, faith-based families and thoughtful dissenters, but instead are a bunch of crazy racist war-mongering morons.

I love Biden, but I don't think he wins honestly. He has run two campaigns already and I don't see him winning this one. If you are bored checkout www.isidewith.com I got smokin' Joe Biden!

• 1 month later...

Wow, I was coming in here to say to bet on Rubio, didn't realize the odds were actually now in his favour, considering the polls still have him way behind the jokers.

It'll be hilarious when Ben Carson is president though and he can say things like that it's "propaganda" to suggest he has any relationship with a company that he has given multiple speeches for, helped pay for him to get a position at a university, appeared in several commercials for, and has promoted in very public venues multiple times over the last 10 years (and then shills for at the end of his rant about not having a relationship with them).

Though I prefer Trump's position of calling out bad mainstream media by referring to a quote on his own personal website.

Funny that in a room full of legitimately crazy people, guys like Rubio and Kasich can appear sane.

Since this is a betting thread, I'll only point out that Rubio being the betting favourite and presumed least offensive person is probably not worth betting at anything near to favourite dollars, given the way the campaign and polling has been so far. I know all the stat people say to ignore the noise around Trump and Carson, but we're also well into unchartered territory, so statistics and historical trends have limited usefulness. Also the fact that Rubio's "record" is a disliked senator of the United States' worst state, and has never polled particularly highly among Hispanic voters, so I'd be concerned how well he'll really do even after the field gets cut down.

Seems easy to point out all the non-crazies will pull together against Carson or Trump when the field narrows, but you have to allow that many Carson voters will go to Trump and vice-versa, and combined, they've polled at 50% or so through the whole campaign, and Carson seems to be gaining as he becomes increasingly nuts, which will really pull in the Trump supporters.