Toronto Media Are Buffoons

Ok as we all know the media that covers the Leafs are all buffoons...Today we will start with Damien Cox...He is a respected journalist but when it comes to the Leafs he is a buffoon..here is his article today....http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Columnist/article/269919He says:All in all, there remains uncertainty, some problematic injuries and the undeniable scent of imminent disaster in the air. Nine points in 10 games just isn't enough, certainly, to suggest a playoff berth is going to be available in April.The buffoon makes it seem like the Leafs are out of a playoff spot and a disaster will happen..BUFFOON EXAMPLE 1...DAMIEN COX

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUFFOON NUMBER 2 BILL LANKHOFThis guy actually works for the Tabloid the Toronto sun...I use to buy this paper when I was a kid but now realize its just a more expensive form of toilet paper...I wouldnt even use this rag to pack my boxes when I am moving...or to line the kitty litter with...here is BUFFOON Number 2s column todayhttp://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toron...601461-sun.htmlHere is a perfect example of how the media loves to put the Leafs down...Maybe the league could start handing out a point for teams who practice well. It might be the only way the Maple Leafs can find a way into the playoffs. This team has more gaps than a hockey player's smile. And one of the biggest has been the space between some of their earsThis is just irresponsible tabloid bullshit..I would ban this Buffoon from the ACC.

Serge... you make me smile. Everytime I think you've hit a new low in your abject stupidity, you impress me by coming up with something new to prove just how much an idiot you really are. You should celebrate by buying a new Leaf flag for your car and driving up and down Yonge street honking your horn because they earned a point against the second worst team in the NHL. Yes, the second worst. The leafs have that number one spot nailed down.... Good luck with your brain tumour. I will no longer respond to anything you post about hockey, because this forum is for people that understand the game. You obviously don't. Nice hand....

TSN was ripping a new one for Toronto yesterday too. They compared Edmonton and Toronto, 2 teams that won't make the playoffs, They said Edmonton has hope with a young team rebuilding with very good prospects. The leafs on the other time only have a prayer to hold onto. They have marginal youthful prospects and all those liabilities on the blue line have contracts for next year. Yup, you guys are going nowhere fast.

its ironic that you post your idiotic remarks in the buffoon thread..if the shoe fits......I will not accept irresponsible journalism anymore...I am in the process of writing letters to the editor of the major toronto dailys...Someone has to step up and show people the stupidity that these writers and reporters spew

Ok, I'll play your game with you for a bit.As a devoted Leafs fan who loves his team blindly regardless of their acheivements what whould like to see happen if by the trade deadline you have no chance of making the playoffs.A.) to see the same team on the ice next year orB.) trade some players to improve the team for future years ( if any Leafs players still have value by then)

obviously b...if the team has no chance at the playoffs I would love to see them trade away assets to improve the team for next year...However no one is going to give us a young superstar for Sundin or Mccabe or whoever...Everyone also seems to forget that McCabe has a non-movement clause in his contract...Its not that easy...The buffoons in the media dont seem to explain that to the public....

obviously b...if the team has no chance at the playoffs I would love to see them trade away assets to improve the team for next year...However no one is going to give us a young superstar for Sundin or Mccabe or whoever...Everyone also seems to forget that McCabe has a non-movement clause in his contract...Its not that easy...The buffoons in the media dont seem to explain that to the public....
If, as you predict, Sudin does have an amazing season, he would be worth ALOT come the trade deadline... he's probably going to have a pull a Ray Bourque if he ever wants to win a cup.

Sundin wont go anywhere else on his own..unless he is forced away...The Buffoons might run him out of town though..remember..MEDIA = big BUFFOON

Serge... you make me smile. Everytime I think you've hit a new low in your abject stupidity, you impress me by coming up with something new to prove just how much an idiot you really are. You should celebrate by buying a new Leaf flag for your car and driving up and down Yonge street honking your horn because they earned a point against the second worst team in the NHL. Yes, the second worst. The leafs have that number one spot nailed down.... Good luck with your brain tumour. I will no longer respond to anything you post about hockey, because this forum is for people that understand the game. You obviously don't. Nice hand....
Hugely disappointing if true

Its obvious that me outing his fellow buffoons have hit a nerve with our favourite journalist gruven.It is important to note that by no means I am implying that gruven is a buffoon...From my dealings with him he has seemed to be very knowledgeable hockey guy that knows his stuff...He has a lot of friends and connections in the hockey community and experience as well...However when he is on television or radio he cant resist the urge to follow in the steps of his buffoon colleagues...Doesnt necessarily mean he is a buffoon, just from time to time has buffoon like qualities in his analysis of the Toronto Maple Leafs franchise.Once again I am NOT ATTACKING gruven...My comments are against the Buffoons in the thread...so far we have two..we will add more as we go...

BUFFOON #3 SERGE B.

Here we go again Leaf fans..This year there is a lot of optimism that has been generated among the Leafs Nation...Coming off a very disappointing 2006-2007 season where the Leafs JUST and i mean JUST missed the playoffs, there is a lot to be optimistic for this year. The Leafs led by their young GM John Ferguson JR made some big off season moves to help this club. Acquring Vesa Toskala not only improved our goaltending situation, it will also give the franchise in a position to have trading power with 3 solid goalies in the system in Toskala,Raycroft and hot prospect Justin Pogge.The other major move the Leafs made is adding that elusive big scorer on the top line...It has been said for years Sundin hasnt had a true goal scorer on his wing and Jason Blake might be the guy. I personally believe that Blake is a better fit with the playmaking Kyle Wellwood and it remains to be seen how Coach Paul Maurice will have the lines set up.The other wildcard is Mark Bel..Bell was a highly touted 1st round pick with Chicago and put up 25 goals a few years ago before the trade to San Jose...After having personal problems off the ice, if Bell gets his act together he will be a major player on this team...Lets go Leaf Fans..Lets band together and lets do it this year...
We are in our 41st year...We beleaf this is our year..
Why do you spew this hatred towards the Leafs..The Leafs right now are among the top 3-4 teams in the conference..

Tough night for the toronto media....what will they write about tomorrow...Maybe they will jump back on the bandwagon and forget the half truths and misguided opinions that they have been spewing all year...Is it a coincidence the Leafs play a great game on the road...hmmm..NO

Tough night for the toronto media....what will they write about tomorrow...Maybe they will jump back on the bandwagon and forget the half truths and misguided opinions that they have been spewing all year...Is it a coincidence the Leafs play a great game on the road...hmmm..NO
Obviously they'll all be debating the best possible parade route.

yes as they should...by the way when i say the toronto media, I would also like to group in there all the so called Leaf "fans", who are misguided as well....This is the real Leafs team we saw tonight...We are in 5th place and moving up...thanks

yes as they should...by the way when i say the toronto media, I would also like to group in there all the so called Leaf "fans", who are misguided as well....This is the real Leafs team we saw tonight...We are in 5th place and moving up...thanks
Toronto - 11 GP 11 PTSNew York Islanders - 8 GP 10 PTSMontreal - 8 GP 10 PTS
I just wanted to point out this post....As I write this there are currently 20 teams in the league with less points than the Leafs...Apparently the "experts" believe the Leafs are the worst team in the league...HMMM...interesting math..It must be the same math that was used in determining the leafs wouldnt make the playoffs..Unfortunately the so called expert will not be responding because I am an idiot and he is a genius...Actually when all things are said and done, we will see who is the genious...Obviously we arent naming names here...At least I back up my statements and dont turtle when things go bad....
I just wanted to point out this post....As I write this there are currently 20 teams in the league with less points than the Leafs...Apparently the "experts" believe the Leafs are the worst team in the league...HMMM...interesting math..It must be the same math that was used in determining the leafs wouldnt make the playoffs..Unfortunately the so called expert will not be responding because I am an idiot and he is a genious...Actually when all things are said and done, we will see who is the genious...Obviously we arent naming names here...At least I back up my statements and dont turtle when things go bad....
:club:
Toronto - 11 GP 11 PTSNew York Islanders - 8 GP 10 PTSMontreal - 8 GP 10 PTS
Games Played is not that important....We have the pts already...they cant be taken away...
Thanks i think it is actually...What a team we have wow..
Your team is on pace to have 82 points. Last year, that would have been 10 points less than the 8th place team in the eastern conference. I sincerely hope your team keeps this wonderful pace going that you can't help bragging about.

my team is actually playing well..and should get a 100 pts...and like I predicted they will challenge for the top of the conference

my team is actually playing well..and should get a 100 pts...and like I predicted they will challenge for the top of the conference
does it ever get old, having to defend your team all the time?

actually on nights like this I love it....the sad thing is I know I am right and i feel bad for the people that dont see it...