I Called In Sick Today

I pay for spotify and have since it became a thing. And I do buy books sometimes. Just bought one yesterday, actually. But as long as librarys and used book sellers are things I won't feel bad about pirating the occasional book.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

There was this kid I grew up with; he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me, you know. We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During the days of Napster, we set up file servers... got tons of music, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him and trusted him. Later on he had an idea to build a streaming service out of little known radio-on-the-internet site. That kid's name was Tim Westergren, and the service he invented was Pandora. This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a banner ad, or an FAQ or an "About us" mention of him on that site! Someone froze his uTorrent account. No one knows who gave the order. When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Tim, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, downloading huge files. So when his ratio inverted and his account was frozen, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business!

• Like 5

You can steal books like a man! What's the matter with you? Is this what you've become, afraid to shoplift from Barnes and Noble, torrenting like a woman? "oh, I need to get my ratio up" What is this nonsense? Ridiculous..

• Like 3

Now someone do GF3.

Every time I think I've downloaded enough, they PULLLL me back IN

You'll be happy to know that after all the rightys and religious people I've unfollowed due to being annoying with their amount and content, I've finally unfollowed Randy. He was just too much, too often. I needed to get away.

Plus you're fcking ass constantly playing contrarian. It got to be too much and it wasn't pleasant.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I was a part of your annoyance. Please forgive me.

It's not all that. He posted too much, and some of it was garbage. You felt the need to call him out at every turn, unnecessarily, some of the time, imo, but that is your right and I respect it

Good news: I broke my r/all front page cherry, and got invited to r/eternityclub. So I have that going for me.

Bad news: My post got removed by the mods just as it was really taking off for being in the wrong sub.

I was just mindlessly scrolling through my Facebook page when I came across a post from an aquaintence ranting about something Jesse Jackson said that he shared. Pretty normal until I realize in his headline when sharing the post he calls Jackson a N***** only he spelled it out. Stopped me dead in my tracks. Can't remember the last time I heard or read someone use that word in conversation.

That dude is definitely a racist.

Quite possibly. I don't know him well enough to say. Obviously he is getting attacked for it and his point is that N***** describes any "piece of crap" and he uses the word towards whites as well as blacks.

Quite possibly. I don't know him well enough to say. Obviously he is getting attacked for it and his point is that N***** describes any "piece of crap" and he uses the word towards whites as well as blacks.

I don't know why, but I believe him.

• Like 3

I don't know why, but I believe him.

Heh, I love you man

Old client just referred to all the unfortunate colored boys in the city who aren't safe. Very compassionate lady. She was born in 1928.

That's pretty compassionate for someone of her age. Thats how my grandparents would talk when they were still around. They immigrated from England so the culture was different.

• Like 1

Saw my Oncologist today. Blood work back to normal, no lymphoma showing in spinal fluid, all vitals great. Final chemo treatment Sunday then they expect to consider me in remission. We will continue spinal infusions for a couple weeks to ensure that stays clear then do a Pet Scan (its a machine that scans your body for cancer cells) in about 3 weeks to verify all cancer is gone and/or if any other treatment is necessary but good news indeed.

• Like 8

Saw my Oncologist today. Blood work back to normal, no lymphoma showing in spinal fluid, all vitals great. Final chemo treatment Sunday then they expect to consider me in remission. We will continue spinal infusions for a couple weeks to ensure that stays clear then do a Pet Scan (its a machine that scans your body for cancer cells) in about 3 weeks to verify all cancer is gone and/or if any other treatment is necessary but good news indeed.

Trump is Jesus?

but in all seriousness, that's great news!

• Like 1