Ftops Event #1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone playing event #1?It is PL Omaha H/L, and starts in about half an hour. :club:
im in if i can get someoene to transfer me 215$ on tilt for 25$ on stars
i hope you missed a 1 in hereme no can play omahasgl all who are playing
lol no the joke was id give someone 25$ for 215$ on tilt
I forgot about this until today, but i won a qualifier, so i'm in.
vnvnvnon that note, anyone wanna trade 8.80 on stars for 8.80 on tilt so i can win a couple more tokens to try to sat into some evnts?

we need some SNs here people!so far we've got msals (pocketrockets11) at table 51, troyomac at 53, chucksty (blackmetalhead) at 38 (and also 3/79 in the $30K) and checkymcfold at 17.checky just got it all-in PRE with AA48 against AA47. 8 on the flop, but the AA's split.good luck gentlemen.

STRAT POSTOk, I haven't played PLO8 in a while, but is this an ok fold? I don't want to risk getting quartered.Full Tilt Poker Game #1230828551: FTOPS Event #1 (7919549), Table 53 - 25/50 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 16:59:59 ET - 2006/11/11Seat 1: pycb (3,503)Seat 2: Moogle9 (3,085)Seat 3: korjae (3,297)Seat 4: capotebone (3,295)Seat 5: DotNot (465)Seat 6: jroppo (2,745)Seat 7: witz317 (1,835)Seat 8: ALLUCANEAT (2,560)Seat 9: troyomac (6,215)ALLUCANEAT posts the small blind of 25troyomac posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to troyomac [Kc 2s As 6s]pycb raises to 100Moogle9 foldskorjae foldscapotebone foldsDotNot foldsjroppo calls 100witz317 calls 100ALLUCANEAT calls 75troyomac calls 50*** FLOP *** [3c 6c 5h]ALLUCANEAT checkstroyomac checkspycb checksjroppo checkswitz317 bets 500ALLUCANEAT foldstroyomac foldspycb foldsjroppo foldsUncalled bet of 500 returned to witz317witz317 muckswitz317 wins the pot (500)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 500 | Rake 0Board: [3c 6c 5h]Seat 1: pycb folded on the FlopSeat 2: Moogle9 didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: korjae didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: capotebone didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: DotNot didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: jroppo folded on the FlopSeat 7: witz317 (button) collected (500), muckedSeat 8: ALLUCANEAT (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 9: troyomac (big blind) folded on the Flop

troyo, i don't mind a reraise preflop there and certainly pot the flop back at him. you have nut low and top pair, very big hand.edit: well, you had bad relative pos on flop. i prob just call to see what happens behind.

updates:troyomac (53) - 6065blackmetalhead (38) - 3501checkymcfold (17) - 5026hoosieralum (15) - 2735gobears86 (13) - 3585 (fcp?)bkice (16) - 1126BMH in 30K - 35943 (2/50)
Yeah, that's me - gl all!
troyo, i don't mind a reraise preflop there and certainly pot the flop back at him. you have nut low and top pair, very big hand.edit: well, you had bad relative pos on flop. i prob just call to see what happens behind.
Ok thanks checky. I'm playing super tight right now because it's early stages, there was another hand where I had AJ23 with the A suited, and I just called a preflop raise, then folded to a pot bet on a 36K rainbow flop. Too tight?
Ok thanks checky. I'm playing super tight right now because it's early stages, there was another hand where I had AJ23 with the A suited, and I just called a preflop raise, then folded to a pot bet on a 36K rainbow flop. Too tight?
probably yeah. i wouldn't be afraid of getting 1/4ed too much unless you're looking at really forceful pot sized bets. this hand you like a jack, a three, a low card. i call HU all the time and 3way most of the time.
probably yeah. i wouldn't be afraid of getting 1/4ed too much unless you're looking at really forceful pot sized bets. this hand you like a jack, a three, a low card. i call.
It was over 900 to call (1/7th of my stack) and looking at another 1K turn bet guarenteed. do i still call, or do i push?

TroyomacI think a raise pre-flop would be good, but in an unraised pot I don't think its a bad fold. The only thing your gonna make money from here is another A2, or some other moron betting a worse low. But even that your most likely against a high draw, which would make u a dog. In the spot your in your probably looking at 1/2 at best and possibly quartersville, and if a A, or 2 hits the turn or river your shafted. If you re-raised on the flop it would be a good bluff if u think you could push him off the hand. But a better play if your gonna make it would be to call and then pot any scare cards that don't kill your low.but I think overall the fold is not bad

It was over 900 to call (1/7th of my stack) and looking at another 1K turn bet guarenteed. do i still call, or do i push?
i would probably just call. you need to improve each direction, and may be getting quartered right now. tough-ish spot, call, push, fold are all not bad IMHO.

Cool thanks for the tip silky. Any thoughts on my 2nd hand? Sorry to turn this thread into a strat thread guys, I'll get back on topic soon. I just feel a little out of touch with my omaha game, and i was never that great at it to begin with.

i would probably just call. you need to improve each direction, and may be getting quartered right now. tough-ish spot, call, push, fold are all not bad IMHO.
I think I just don't want to put myself in any tough spots where I need to catch a card just to win a quarter. Too early for a gambool and I am doing well in chips anyway. I think if I show more patience than the other players then I'll be able to slowly accumulate without much risk. Especially since the play is so bad early on.
I think I just don't want to put myself in any tough spots where I need to catch a card just to win a quarter. Too early for a gambool and I am doing well in chips anyway. I think if I show more patience than the other players then I'll be able to slowly accumulate without much risk. Especially since the play is so bad early on.
well, my point was largely that you like a lot of cards on the turn, and that you have a decent chance to bust someone if you get this HU. if you get chips early, you won't be gambling for YOUR stack late. depends a lot on table texture though, i guess.

another update:Hoosieralum (15) - 1605Bkice (16) - 746 - last day going for the triple crown!gobears86 (13) - 3980 - Protege final-tabler!checkymcfold (17) - 5676blackmetalhead (38) - 1871troyomac (53) - 9818blackmetalhead now at 87911 in the $30K, 1/35 with #2 in chips sitting to his direct right.edit - make that 111K