PokerStars Game #29460910157: 8-Game (Triple Draw 2-7 Lowball Limit, $4/$8) - 2009/06/17 4:10:32 ETTable 'Arneb VII' 6-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: aucu ($263.80 in chips) Seat 2: radii ($129.60 in chips) Seat 3: homecominkid ($333.35 in chips) Seat 4: berserk64 ($212.95 in chips) Seat 6: E-WeE ($188.90 in chips) radii: posts small blind $2homecominkid: posts big blind $4netix: sits out *** DEALING HANDS ***Dealt to aucu [Th 7s 2s 5c Ts]berserk64: folds E-WeE: raises $4 to $8aucu: calls $8radii: folds homecominkid: raises $4 to $12E-WeE: calls $4aucu: calls $4*** FIRST DRAW ***homecominkid: stands pat E-WeE: discards 2 cardsaucu: discards 2 cards [Th Ts]Dealt to aucu [7s 2s 5c] [Qs 2d]homecominkid: bets $4E-WeE: calls $4aucu: calls $4*** SECOND DRAW ***homecominkid: stands pat E-WeE: stands pat aucu: discards 2 cards [Qs 2s]Dealt to aucu [7s 5c 2d] [6d Ah]homecominkid: bets $8E-WeE: raises $8 to $16aucu: calls $16homecominkid: raises $8 to $24E-WeE: calls $8aucu: calls $8*** THIRD DRAW ***homecominkid: stands pat E-WeE: stands pat aucu: discards 1 card [Ah]

I probably would have dropped somewhere before the last draw, but I'm a nit in Triple Draw and play tourneys, this being a cash game affects things. You are pretty much drawing to 2 or 3 outs since the villains have at least one 3.

The call before the first draw is fine. Once you have a player stand pat before the first draw, and another player in as well, and you dont improve after the first draw, I get out. The guy standing pat has probably at least a 9 low, and between him and the other player they have 4-6 of the cards you need to make an your low, so you are drawing way too thin.

I could see dumping after wiffing on the first draw.But with one then two made (pat) hands they could have settled with a 9 or 8 How much does getting action from 2 players justify drawing at a 7?

LOL at folding after the first draw, closing the action, multiway, having paired a deuce, vs a pat hand, with the button, getting 11.5 to 1.The turn is actually a pretty tough spot, it's gonna get capped here a good amount of the time:*** SECOND DRAW ***homecominkid: stands patE-WeE: stands pataucu: discards 2 cards [Qs 2s]Dealt to aucu [7s 5c 2d] [6d Ah]homecominkid: bets $8E-WeE: raises $8 to $16If I find some time, I'd like to do some calculations regarding # of live outs (you are actually drawing dead here a non-zero amount of the time, but could have up to 8 outs), and the different # of bets (an average amount might be like 3?) that go in on this street in general to see if a coldcall is profitable here.I think I would play it the same.

i fold after the second draw, and i really don't think that it's especially close. by calling, you're committing yourself to calling with a 5678 on the end if you catch an 8, and that's not going to be good very often. moreover, it's getting capped a lot by decent players after two draws since it's very obvious that you have a seven draw playing it the way you have to this point (which also kills some action if you make your hand). this means that each of the other players needs to be good way less than half the time in order to profitably cap after 2 draws, since you're obviously behind.add to that the possibility that you hit a 3 or 4 and lose a lot of bets on the end, and i think that everything together makes this a fairly clear fold after the second draw unless you're very concerned with balancing and metagame issues.something else worth saying is that if you were sandwiched, i wouldn't mind call/calling one bet at a time in this spot, or call/folding if it's two bets cold back to you.fwiw, folding after one draw is ridiculously terrible.

• 2 years later...

folding after first draw is obviously terrible, but i would probably 3b this pre in position a good amount of the time to discourage the blinds and get a free draw occasionally when you want it. this could be an excellent spot for ewee to raise a smooth 1 card draw depending on the competency and tendencies of the players in the pot, if homecominkid is likely to pat a hand like 87 or even a 9 pre draw and ewee has shown the competence and creativity to raise here to put pressure on ewee's often weak hand and try to get you out of the pot, i would call here getting this price even though i would expect not to have to the best draw a decent amount of the time. but in general i think this is a fold here as we are always paying off when we make our hand and can't really raise for value with any hand we can make here imo...