EDIT: Ah crap, wrong forum... mods please moveSo I think my problem is overpair/top pair hands on the turn and river; villains are all fairly loose. Any reasonable bet on the turn commits me, and the turn is a complete blank.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP2 ($21)MP3 ($51.15)CO ($25.45)Button ($71.65)SB ($49.50)BB ($24.50)UTG ($49.25)UTG+1 ($47)Hero ($50)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q :club: , Q :) . 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP3 calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 2 folds.Flop: ($8.75) 4 :D , 8 :D , T :D(4 players)Hero bets $6.5, MP3 calls $6.50, CO calls $6.50, Button calls $6.50.Turn: ($34.75) 3 :D(4 players)Hero ?

EDIT: Ah crap, wrong forum... mods please moveSo I think my problem is overpair/top pair hands on the turn and river; villains are all fairly loose. Any reasonable bet on the turn commits me, and the turn is a complete blank.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP2 ($21)MP3 ($51.15)CO ($25.45)Button ($71.65)SB ($49.50)BB ($24.50)UTG ($49.25)UTG+1 ($47)Hero ($50)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q :club: , Q :) . 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP3 calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 2 folds.Flop: ($8.75) 4 :D , 8 :D , T :D(4 players)Hero bets $6.5, MP3 calls $6.50, CO calls $6.50, Button calls $6.50.Turn: ($34.75) 3 :D(4 players)Hero ?
shove

Yeah this is a very standard shove. That was a great brick for you on the turn. I think you're probably not putting villains on correct ranges or reading board texture very well. Even with all those villains, that 3 completes nothing except 2pr for 34 which is unlikely.

Shove. You have them as loose.You are probably looking at a few big T's, maybe a JJ.If you run into KK or AA, reload and win money back.
I am NOT a no limit cash player, but isn't the $2 pfrflop a bit low ?And with $10 already in the pot, shouldn't you bet more than $6.50 on the flop ?I'd shove the turn
I am NOT a no limit cash player, but isn't the $2 pfrflop a bit low ?And with $10 already in the pot, shouldn't you bet more than $6.50 on the flop ?I'd shove the turn
Nah 4xbb is a good opener. There is $8.75 in the pot on the flop, $6.50 is a good bet there, IMO.

Maybe I am just a major coward, but somehow it is not so obvious for me. I understand that the callers might have a T, a flush draw, JJ or maybe even 99, or 79, 9j if they are loose preflop, but still is it very likely that all 3 of them called the flop with a hand in that range? I think even if we consider their range pretty wide there will be some 100-120 hands that we have beat (depending on which flush draws and pairs we put in their range)There is 30 hands that have us beat (44, 88, TT, aa, kk, t8, the rest of the two pairs and 33 are very unlikely i think). So we could say that is about a 25% for each player that he has us beat and following this thinking we have about 42% to have all of them beat.Of course it is very shallow thinking of me since most of the hands that have us beat would have reraised the flop so it is less likely they have them, and that definitely suggests a shove.On the other hand anybody who has us beat will call and most hands we have beaten will probably fold. (or well, maybe not, but most ppl i play would get rid of the AT or even JJ in that spot)I am not saying the shove is bad, it is just somehow not that insanely obvious for me.

ya, i agree shove, anyone with 2 pair of a set probably pops this flop with this many callers.also, to add. sometimes i mix up my play in these spots* with a c/r tryng to see what my opponents do and then raising to iscolate the bettor. *By "these spots" i mean loose games when you're OOP

Maybe I am just a major coward, but somehow it is not so obvious for me. I understand that the callers might have a T, a flush draw, JJ or maybe even 99, or 79, 9j if they are loose preflop, but still is it very likely that all 3 of them called the flop with a hand in that range?
Yes. The only one that should/could ever wake up with a big hand here is the first caller. You won't see an overcall and another overcall with big hands on a draw happy board like this ever. It's just retardedly stupid to do and most donks know that. They will call with 99 because ZOMG so many people are in the hand and maybe I'll hit a 9, or more retardedly because they have 99 and think it might be good. So the 2nd and 3rd caller never ever have QQ beat here, they likely have weak made hands or draws, the first caller probably has the same, but if he sucks could have a big hand. He should be raising with a big hand because his call prices in others to call behind with draws.
I think even if we consider their range pretty wide there will be some 100-120 hands that we have beat (depending on which flush draws and pairs we put in their range)There is 30 hands that have us beat (44, 88, TT, aa, kk, t8, the rest of the two pairs and 33 are very unlikely i think). So we could say that is about a 25% for each player that he has us beat and following this thinking we have about 42% to have all of them beat.
You aren't giving a very likely range at all. I would say on the flop our hand is good 95% of the time. The action just indicates it, no one is smooth calling with KK/AA preflop and then on the flop after this action. Very occasionally first caller is playing a set poorly.
On the other hand anybody who has us beat will call and most hands we have beaten will probably fold. (or well, maybe not, but most ppl i play would get rid of the AT or even JJ in that spot)I am not saying the shove is bad, it is just somehow not that insanely obvious for me.
If you're in a game where 3-4 people are calling 4xbb pf raises and 3/4 pot flop bets, the players are pretty bad. I think people with J10 are calling a shove on the turn, let alone A10, JJ is definitely calling. Shove is the only option, if you bet smaller you are playing exploitably and letting them draw for the right price and cheaper than you could force them too.
Yes. The only one that should/could ever wake up with a big hand here is the first caller. You won't see an overcall and another overcall with big hands on a draw happy board like this ever.
You would think that, wouldn't you? I did in fact shove, and agree that with the turn being the biggest blank in the deck and the draws present that shoving is my best option. I am glad to see that this seems reasonable.But in this case it turned out CO had 4d8d (what he was waiting for is beyond me, of course why he is in the hand at all is beyond me) and Button had Jh9h and decided to put most of his money in when he didn't have an equity edge. Oh and he decided to hit his 8 on the river to. I know BBFIDTS, but I have been hemorrhaging money left and right and know I have been playing a lot of hands badly. I am glad to see that this probably isn't one of them.

Yeah you played this fine. It's an auto-bet turn. I know it sucks, but you should thank the heavens for how soft the game was that you were playing in, and hope to continue to get those guys to play in it.You're probably calling a little too loose on turn and river to raises based on what you're saying in this thread and challenge thread. Post some of those hands where you get raised on turn or river.

Yeah you played this fine. It's an auto-bet turn. I know it sucks, but you should thank the heavens for how soft the game was that you were playing in, and hope to continue to get those guys to play in it.You're probably calling a little too loose on turn and river to raises based on what you're saying in this thread and challenge thread. Post some of those hands where you get raised on turn or river.
Yeah, I'll look for some of those. Some I think are pretty embarrassing, but what better way to learn, right?