Question About Backing Friends

Tonight I was talking to a buddy of mine who plays only free money poker. I asked him it he wanted to play a tournament, standard backing deal, 50/50 split minus entry. I honestly didn't think I'd get anything back, just wanted to make my friends day since he doesn't have the funds to play real money. So i transferred the buy in over to him on Full Tilt and we both entered the tournament (different locations, different internet connections). We ended up both making the FT but never played at the same table until we were down to 18. Anyways he ended up getting third and I came in second. So my question is, will Full Tilt flag our accounts since I gave him the buy in? Especially when he sends me my half of his prize money? We didn't team play or do anything wrong, and we were open about the fact we were friends with everyone else at the table, but I've never been in this situation before so I figured I should ask. Thanks for the help in advance.

IF the question arises...which is a HUGEHUGE "if", and by some random fluke chance they were to investigate, as long as you weren't blatantly dumping chips...it wouldn't be a problem.

you are so screwed
I was afraid of this :club:
IF the question arises...which is a HUGEHUGE "if", and by some random fluke chance they were to investigate, as long as you weren't blatantly dumping chips...it wouldn't be a problem.
Yea, I didn't think it would be a big issue, especially since it was a small tourney ($10 buy in, he won $400) but with the money transfers i wanted to be sure.
I think he was kidding. You should be fine.Edit: Not so thinly veiled brag. Well done!
haha you caught me. :club: Nah, when I brag, trust me you know it. I make it very loud, haha :ts Thanks for the help!
damn straight.. its been a while since I've seen a horse take down something, let alone both the staker and said horse.congrats!
It was insane, no way in the world I ever thought that would happen. Thanks for the congrats, I only regret not staking him in something bigger now, haha

if you're being honest and you guys didn't cheat at all then there shouldn't be a problem.however you might have done things which can be construed as cheating which you might not think are. if you folded a marginal hand that you would have played otherwise to stay out of his way, then according to full tilt you cheated. and full tilt is very seize your money close your account happy about these sorts of things. you should err on the safe side here, especially if you have a lot of money in your account. if i were you i would cash out most of my account.

damn straight.. its been a while since I've seen a horse take down something, let alone both the staker and said horse.congrats!
Depends on how you look at it. If you mean "a horse that took a stake via a stake thread"...then I am sure that's prolly true. If you mean "A horse who has a backer"...then this is entriely false cuz I knoe several people who have FT'd/won mtt's recently who were backed...
youre fine...do what u want
Agree 100%! 1st off...it was a $11 MULTITABLE MTT. It's not like it's the $100r or something. 2nd...in a larger field mtt it's impossble for 2 people to intentionally team up etc. Maybe u get deep together, but it's not like you can plan it. 3rd...on a DAILY basis backers and horses make FT's and ship money afterwards. Heck...I am sure on any given day the Bax/Sheets empire have their Horses and them make FT's and have zero problems shipping money after.Congrats on both doing well...don't sweat at all!
No.There is nothing to clear up.
I agree there is nothing to clear up, but if forwhatever reason they look into it and seethe action (that he sent him $, they both final tabled and theguy sent him half back) then both their accounts will most likely be frozen.
Best thing to do is send them an email andtry to clear it all up.
lol
I agree there is nothing to clear up, but if forwhatever reason they look into it and seethe action (that he sent him $, they both final tabled and theguy sent him half back) then both their accounts will most likely be frozen.
lol...no
I have actually had some in the last year. It was much sweeter than I remember.
Yeah, no shit. I bought some Bubbleicious a few months back and had to have my foot amputated an hour later due to instant-onset diabetes.
I think you will have a bigger problem having your friend give you back $200 than you would Full Tilt investigating this.
Hadn't thought about this one yet, considering this is all the money he has to play cards with you might be onto something...anybody have a baseball bat I could borrow for a few min? :club: