Just Got Blackmailed

well, i don't know how, but someone on bugsysclub found out who i am by finding my myspace profile. there it says that i'm 17, and my name and all that. he and a couple others had been mentioning my underageness in chat but i never really worried too much, but then i beat this guy out of a 200 dollar pot with a big river raise with a flush, and he told me to send him 100 bucks so that he'd keep quiet. though i changed my myspace to private and set my age to 19, he told me that if he reports me to the site, they go under an intense age verification thing and they lock up the account and keep the money if they catch you. fearing that, i sent him the 100, and i guess i just have to hope for the best.anyone have a similar experience/advice/empathy?

a couple things. one, i can't withdraw my money because my neteller doesnt work because i'm not 18. two, he told me "we are all good now" so i'm hoping that its gonna be okay. three, my parents don't know about my bankroll so even if i did withdraw it i don't know where i'd keep it.

why not tell him to get stuffed and go smoke some pole or something.Seriously there is NO way you are going to get into trouble for playing online underage. This is because it is a much a problem for them as it is for you so bodog would keep it quiet. So tell him blackmail is a much bigger problem then playing poker online underage, because blackmail is a crime. Just tell him you are going to the police or something and he will leave you alone.

a couple things. one, i can't withdraw my money because my neteller doesnt work because i'm not 18. two, he told me "we are all good now" so i'm hoping that its gonna be okay. three, my parents don't know about my bankroll so even if i did withdraw it i don't know where i'd keep it.
hmmmmmm

and now your going around telling everybody ?it seems to be a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" scenariois the a/c in your name ? and howd u deposit/withdraw (or ever wish to withdraw)

yes its in my name....i never deposited, worked my bankroll up over 10k starting out in a freeroll. i have a neteller but its locked until i'm 18, i was just planning on using it, but i just asked the site (bugsysclub, not bodog) to raise my player transfer limits, so hopefully i'll be able to transfer my money away, like 1k a day. then its out of there in 2 weeks and we're in business.once thats all taken care of, i guess i'll report him, though i'm not really sure what my ammo is. i unfortunately neglected to save the IM conversation i had with him, but i guess he typed the blackmail into chat and i remember the hand it was after so i could get my HH emailed to me and maybe have them do it that way. that also gives my age away to the site, but hopefully by that point i won't have any money left anyway.

The site is rigged anyway.

IF you get yourself in a situation where you have no more money in your account (transfer or lose it, etc.) then you email him and say "give me my money back or I report you and you go to jail, then we're even"Simple. If he has any brains, he gives you the money back and he doesn't go to jail.Blackmail is a very serious crime.Your activity is not nearly as bad.

well, i don't know how, but someone on bugsysclub found out who i am by finding my myspace profile. there it says that i'm 17, and my name and all that. he and a couple others had been mentioning my underageness in chat but i never really worried too much, but then i beat this guy out of a 200 dollar pot with a big river raise with a flush, and he told me to send him 100 bucks so that he'd keep quiet. though i changed my myspace to private and set my age to 19, he told me that if he reports me to the site, they go under an intense age verification thing and they lock up the account and keep the money if they catch you. fearing that, i sent him the 100, and i guess i just have to hope for the best.anyone have a similar experience/advice/empathy?
its like that quote from airforce one : if you give a kid a glass of milk hes gonna want a cookie.but i dont think he would really go to them and go to all the trouble of telling them that your underage, who cares?
its like that quote from airforce one : if you give a kid a glass of milk hes gonna want a cookie.but i dont think he would really go to them and go to all the trouble of telling them that your underage, who cares?
i actually agreemore often than not, they're just doing this because they see a way to milk you out of some money.
The question is, how old is this guy? It takes one to know one...

If you are IM with him load up ethereal on your pc, chat with him a bit, pull up the logs and get his IP. Go to www.arin.net and get his ISP, get a hold of them and figure out who this guy, go to his house and discuss it with him the personal advantages of not blackmailing people.

You are a freaking tool