Fchl Discussion Thread

Well things are getting interesting now that the season is soon at its end. Our new owner, Dubey, is winning at a furious pace and looks to be the odds on favorite to win it all in his first season. Two expansion teams in their third year are in the playoff hunt as well.Here are the current standings:dubey / Golden Seals 49-38-10-1 77biatch / asdjfkl; 49-30-19-0 60sbriand / Fearsome Beavers 49-25-23-1 51broadway / Broadway 49-24-25-0 48daveyg / BlackDevilHawks 49-22-26-1 45mrdannyg / Halifax Moneyshots 49-32-17-0 64rinswun / Blindsides 49-22-26-1 45strategy / KC Reserves 48-21-25-2 44fenxis / Injured Reserve 49-18-27-4 40tulane / Tulane Flyers 48-15-32-1 31mapleleafs / Newmarket Hurricanes 48-32-14-2 66arp / Whalers 48-21-26-1 43ajs510 / Lost Cause 48-20-26-2 42rmunro / Wheat Ales 48-19-27-2 40zach6668 / Limidonks 48-16-30-2 34If the playoffs started today:dubey / Golden Seals 49-38-10-1 77mapleleafs / Newmarket Hurricanes 48-32-14-2 66mrdannyg / Halifax Moneyshots 49-32-17-0 64biatch / asdjfkl; 49-30-19-0 60sbriand / Fearsome Beavers 49-25-23-1 51broadway / Broadway 49-24-25-0 48daveyg / BlackDevilHawks 49-22-26-1 45rinswun / Blindsides 49-22-26-1 45--strategy / KC Reserves 48-21-25-2 44arp / Whalers 48-21-26-1 43ajs510 / Lost Cause 48-20-26-2 42fenxis / Injured Reserve 49-18-27-4 40rmunro / Wheat Ales 48-19-27-2 40zach6668 / Limidonks 48-16-30-2 34tulane / Tulane Flyers 48-15-32-1 31Huge battle for the final four spots with anyone in the top 13 with a chance to make it to the playoffs.23 more game nights left!Edit: also, Division Supreme is looking to put all it's teams in the post season!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serge has been looking for a team for the a long time..However working together with Dale would be an amazing situation for all involved.

How is this even possible?
Because Zach is dramatic. Mike leveraged his entire future towards trying to win the 1st FCHL Championship, and missed it by an inch. He's been stuck in a hole ever since. No one is really sure why he keeps his team since he really doesn't seem that interested during the season, but it's his choice. Our league is in it's 4th year as a keeper, 5th season overall.

Now, if only Steve and Ollie's teams would stop winning so I can actually get some top prospects with their first rounders!Things are looking a little bleak for 2013 and beyond, but I am in great shape for the next two years.I have been able to continue winning with Parise and getzlaf out of the lineup for long stretches, so I may consider moving a rental or two for futures next season. We shall see!

Now, if only Steve and Ollie's teams would stop winning so I can actually get some top prospects with their first rounders!Things are looking a little bleak for 2013 and beyond, but I am in great shape for the next two years.I have been able to continue winning with Parise and getzlaf out of the lineup for long stretches, so I may consider moving a rental or two for futures next season. We shall see!
I'm rooting very heavily for your team to win it all 1 season after Darnelle abandoned it.
Will Mike's team be available any time soon? I think Serge and I could co-manage it into a contender!
If Mike walks away I'd rather fold the franchise than relocate it -- unless he gives us 15 minutes notice like Nell did.
He doesn't anymore, at least not to me.
If Mike walks away I'd rather fold the franchise than relocate it -- unless he gives us 15 minutes notice like Nell did.
It's all coming together now.
I'm rooting very heavily for your team to win it all 1 season after Darnelle abandoned it.
I dunno, most people in Nell's position would have simply played out the next year or two, when he obviously had a fantastic team. I mean, Dubey still has top picks and prospects, and his team is dominant. With another deal or two, it could be a complete blowout. Though I didn't appreciate the crazy-short notice, or the disrespect of ignoring us, he was nice enough to just leave his team, rather than snake a couple hundred more bucks out of us by winning in the next couple years.Oh wait...we still didn't get that two-time winners prize back, did we? Oops.
It's all coming together now.
Yeah, he told us like a week before the season was scheduled to start that he was quitting the league and wouldn't be keeping the webspace the site was on, so we had 7 days to find a new owner, hold a free agent auction, find a new board, basically figure out a way to keep things going because the last thing anyone else wanted was for it to end that way. I'm pretty firmly of the belief that he thought we'd fold up and fade away if he quit, happy to report that he was very wrong.
Though I didn't appreciate the crazy-short notice, or the disrespect of ignoring us, he was nice enough to just leave his team, rather than snake a couple hundred more bucks out of us by winning in the next couple years.Oh wait...we still didn't get that two-time winners prize back, did we? Oops.
Yeah, oops. Talk about snaking.