turn: lead, or go for c/r? aug. 26th

Okay, crossposted from another forum, thought I'd let you folks have a say.Pokerroom Limit Omaha High (3 handed) Preflop: Hero is SB with A :) , 6 :club: , 4 :) , A :D . button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, button calls.Flop: (6 SB) Q :) , 5 :D , 3 :) (3 players) Hero bets, BB calls, button callsTurn: (7.5 BB) J :D (3 players) Hero ?????Do we lead here, or shoot for a check/raise? No real reads, 3rd hand at table, first 2 hands both players showed large turn aggression, neither showed down.

Whatever get's the most money in the pot in your estimation.Checking this flop around is horrible, though, so I'd tend to lead.Helps if you specify O8 or O high, not that it matters too much here.Good luck

Sorry, yeah, it's omaha high only. I ended up lead out, just got called and lost one of them on the turn. Thought I might have left something on the table by showing so much aggression.

Is this Omaha 8 or just Omaha? Might make a difference in how people advice you to proceed (IMO it DOES make a difference)
psst.. 2 posts up ;PI should have said omaha high only from the beginning, sorry. Probably would have played it the same way, anyways, to the turn.
Is this Omaha 8 or just Omaha? Might make a difference in how people advice you to proceed (IMO it DOES make a difference)
psst.. 2 posts up ;PI should have said omaha high only from the beginning, sorry. Probably would have played it the same way, anyways, to the turn.
many people, myself included, do not read through all of the posts before we give our thoughts on a topic (so our answers are not tainted i guess).for the example you gave, i do not think it plays the same way for both games...
many people, myself included, do not read through all of the posts before we give our thoughts on a topic (so our answers are not tainted i guess).for the example you gave, i do not think it plays the same way for both games...
Would you have played the flop differently in OH8? I'm not sure I would have, but I don't have the experience with OH8. But yes, this was OH.And jeez, Rocket, no need to be all serious and everything, man. :club:

I think you should lead. The only real reason to go fro a check-raise here would be if your hand was so marginal that you really NEEDED to play it heads up. Also, if you do check and both of your opponents are on low/straight draws you'd be giving away a free card as a huge favorite. One more thing, is that your hand might not be good at that point and you might end up getting in three bets heads up against the best hand rather than two bets a piece three ways which would be much better.

You should lead, because you have 18 sure outs and 20 to pretty close to sure outs.

You should lead, because you have 18 sure outs and 20 to pretty close to sure outs.
Nah he has 22 sure outs.And 2 more possible but not sure (the 2 unseen A's).
No, you can't count the cards that would pair the board and make him a flush sure outs. And yes I was talking about the aces as the 2 other outs.
Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, folks. Even that Negrea.... somethin guy. :)I figured since I had the lead, and he had raised me on the flop, I should keep the lead. At least make him think before he raises again. BB ended up smooth calling the turn, and button folded. So that's what made me wonder if I hadn't left something behind by leading.Incidentally, I really should change the OP if possible to indicate Omaha high instead of OH8. But as Smash said, probably not a whole lot different if any anyways.