Daniel's Popularity....

Ok, so the point of the topic is obviously stated above. Is Daniel losing his popularity among Poker fans?The reason I ask this is because I have never seen so many fans so quick to turn on him for his posts. He has made more controversial posts then an imitation of Phil Helmuth yet people snapped at this last one!Over the last few months has anyone else noticed a decline in his fan base loyalty? I for one am still a HUGE fan and think he is the sickest Reader in the game. I just used to enjoy his more entertaining blogs full of poker stories and on a regular basis.I think his lack of Poker content is making people lose interest. What other aspects of his actions are contributing to this?- switch to pokerstars- lack of poker wins- minimal amount of Blogspls add on.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the point of the topic is obviously stated above. Is Daniel losing his popularity among Poker fans?The reason I ask this is because I have never seen so many fans so quick to turn on him for his posts. He has made more controversial posts then an imitation of Phil Helmuth yet people snapped at this last one!Over the last few months has anyone else noticed a decline in his fan base loyalty? I for one am still a HUGE fan and think he is the sickest Reader in the game. I just used to enjoy his more entertaining blogs full of poker stories and on a regular basis.I think his lack of Poker content is making people lose interest. What other aspects of his actions are contributing to this?- switch to pokerstars- lack of poker wins- minimal amount of Blogspls add on.
bla bla bla, people disagree with Daniel.gmanshade is douchebag anyway.Personally, I thought it was a funny entry.

I have not noticed any decline in Daniel's popularity either here or anywhere else. Sometimes he says or does something that is controversial, but that is just in his nature.I have noticed there are a lot more idiots on here lately, perhaps that is skewing your perception.

Really? I mean I'm not saying he's not a good reader but at some of the hands he's paid off on HSP, it's almost impossible to say hes the sickest reader in the game.

Bro, your not serious right now are you?I will bet my money, hands down there is nobody in the world better then Daniel atreading opponents hands. Youtube him in the world series main event. He must have called out like 10-20 exact hands. When he is on his game he is SICK. HSP doesn't do his rep justice!

After conducting thorough and in-depth research (a quick google search).. it seems that DN has nothing to worry about in terms of popularity.In fact, he is apparently 'more viewed' than Mr. Hellmuth himself!dn.jpg

Bro, your not serious right now are you?I will put my money hands downthat there is nobody in the world at reading opponents handsthen DANIEL. Youtube him in the world series main event. He must have called out like 10-20 exact hands. When he is on his game he is SICK. HSP doesn't do his rep justice!
Daniel calling what people's hands are isn't THAT impressive. He says it as a way to get a tell on a player.I've done it several times, and I've been right a vast majority of the time, only I don't do it as a way to get a tell - I'll just tell you what your hand is.
After conducting thorough and in-depth research (a quick google search).. it seems that DN has nothing to worry about in terms of popularity.In fact, he is apparently 'more viewed' than Mr. Hellmuth himself!dn.jpg
That photo saddens me.Beth Shak is #4? You can't even see her eyes in that pic (yeah, that's it, eyes)
OP, your only saving grace is your avatar pic of La AlbaBesides, this is poker, not politics...
Did you hear Alba is preggers? That's one luck man she's got.
That would be the brag post of all time.
I'd have pictures taken. I wouldn't care if I get the :club: or the herp.Also, is anyone else getting "IPS Driver Error" messages?
I'd have pictures taken. I wouldn't care if I get the :club: or the herp.Also, is anyone else getting "IPS Driver Error" messages?
My e-peen is getting that error after hearing Alba is preggers...That's gonna be one hot mama.

As the poster above stated " Interest has gone down". All I am saying is that his personal lifeis effecting his professional life, which is normal. HIs popularity has been slighly dwindling as other posters have been saying? I myself only used to check out FCP but I find myself ar Pocket5 alot more. He needs to go on a MAD poker run. TAke down a couple events at the world series, make a deep run in the MAIN and take atleast one EPT or WPT down. Also of coarse he is trying to get a read on the player by calling his hand, but he is obviously putting them on a hand. That is what I meant to say , he can put people on the proper hand a sick amount of the time!

Problems at home = Problems at work...I have seen it so many times.When you happen to be a pro poker player that can get costly!! I will give him credit for taking a break while sorting out his personal situation.Win an event or two...have some classic DN observation on a hand or whatever and he is right back on top.BTW, how is that whole global warming thing going??

Problems at home = Problems at work...I have seen it so many times.When you happen to be a pro poker player that can get costly!! I will give him credit for taking a break while sorting out his personal situation.Win an event or two...have some classic DN observation on a hand or whatever and he is right back on top.BTW, how is that whole global warming thing going??
I AM TIRED OF THESE DEMOCRATS!!!!! They want us to help support Gores business interest.... When you can get the chinese to turn green, then I might try!!!-Texan
Bro, your not serious right now are you?I will bet my money, hands down there is nobody in the world better then Daniel atreading opponents hands. Youtube him in the world series main event. He must have called out like 10-20 exact hands. When he is on his game he is SICK. HSP doesn't do his rep justice!
I'm extremely serious. If you want to call him the "sickest" reader in the game, and by "sick" I assume you mean the long forgotten word, "best" you won't pay off as many hands as he did on HSP. I'm not saying he isn't a great hand reader, I am just saying based on the limited amount of hands we have seen he is not THE best.

Couple quick thoughts:A)Blogs have gone down due to his involvement in Poker VT and his love and obsession of golf. He said he couldn't keep up everything, and I'd rather have interesting ones every once in a while than crappy ones every day.B )I love Daniel, heck I ripped off a poster at my university of some college poker tournament just because his picture was on it. But he is one of a number of pros who are quite good at reading people. Hence their pro-ness. Daniel is just a talker and uses that to get information, and seeing how people react to him calling their cards is another way. I'm sure other pros call it in their head but don't need that info when making their own decision. Also, ESPN edits their shows to show hands when he does call cards. With his stack (esp. in 06 when he as at the featured table) I'm sure he played quite a few hands where he didn't call cards or feel the need to.C)They filmed a Stud event they hadn't schedule because Daniel (and Jeff Lisandro and Nick Frangos) was at the final table. I think he's doing okay.D)First of the new Pokerstars to have a second commercial (heck of a slowroll with set of Jacks btw).OP, you have some good thoughts, but I think you have nothing to worry about.What I wanna know is when that thing they did that giant draft and made teams for is gonna happen.

Couple quick thoughts:A)Blogs have gone down due to his involvement in Poker VT and his love and obsession of golf. He said he couldn't keep up everything, and I'd rather have interesting ones every once in a while than crappy ones every day.B )I love Daniel, heck I ripped off a poster at my university of some college poker tournament just because his picture was on it. But he is one of a number of pros who are quite good at reading people. Hence their pro-ness. Daniel is just a talker and uses that to get information, and seeing how people react to him calling their cards is another way. I'm sure other pros call it in their head but don't need that info when making their own decision. Also, ESPN edits their shows to show hands when he does call cards. With his stack (esp. in 06 when he as at the featured table) I'm sure he played quite a few hands where he didn't call cards or feel the need to.C)They filmed a Stud event they hadn't schedule because Daniel (and Jeff Lisandro and Nick Frangos) was at the final table. I think he's doing okay.D)First of the new Pokerstars to have a second commercial (heck of a slowroll with set of Jacks btw).OP, you have some good thoughts, but I think you have nothing to worry about.What I wanna know is when that thing they did that giant draft and made teams for is gonna happen.
Good post.The big team competition isn't going to happen due to not enough sponsorship money coming forward. It was planned before the UIGEA and after that some of the money dried up.