#61 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,242 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

View PostMercury69, on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 9:55 AM, said:

Really? I though it would be one of those epic one-off things, but this is good news for fantasy fans. Now they don't have to rush plots and leave gaping holes in the narrative.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#62 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 4:49 PM, said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Edited: FTR, you tend to be a dick to me. I'll assume this is something standard. If this is supposed to be humourous, you failed miserably.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#63 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostMercury69, on Wednesday, April 20th, 2011, 6:30 AM, said:

Edited: FTR, you tend to be a dick to me. I'll assume this is something standard. If this is supposed to be humourous, you failed miserably.
Yes, I do, and for good reason.You really don't know anything about the books or the show, aside from the lone hour of your life that you spent watching it. Why would HBO spend tens of millions of dollars for an "epic one-off" thing? There's another 2700 pages of story to go on after the first book, with another 1000 coming out in July. And the whole first season has already been shot, so regardless of whether or not the second season got picked up, there weren't going to any more or any less "rushing of plots" or "gaping holes" as a result of the show getting picked up. Again, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

#64 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

Wow, you're like that Angry Steve guy.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#65 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Wow...Edited for purpose, because I just don't know why I let idiots like Theraflu irritate me.Here's a Seth Bullock staredown for you.Posted Image
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#66 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, April 20th, 2011, 9:32 AM, said:

Wow, you're like that Angry Steve guy.
He's a hero of mine.All that editing sure does make Mercury look insecure.

#67 myenemy

myenemy

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

Read all of the books loved them.Thought the first episode was fantastic. Super excited to see how the rest goes.

#68 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:16 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Wednesday, April 20th, 2011, 8:02 PM, said:

He's a hero of mine.All that editing sure does make Mercury look insecure.
I'm putting a cap on my distaste for cunts like you. Hence my editing.

#69 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

9 Time Winner of the FCP 'Poster of the Year' Award

• Members
  • 25,387 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

watched it last night. it was pure breast milk.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#70 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,696 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Friday, April 22nd, 2011, 12:34 PM, said:

watched it last night. it was pure breast milk.
the finest cambodian breast milks?
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#71 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

9 Time Winner of the FCP 'Poster of the Year' Award

• Members
  • 25,387 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

View Posthank213, on Friday, April 22nd, 2011, 9:24 PM, said:

the finest cambodian breast milks?
i drinks nothing but.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#72 Voldemort

Voldemort

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,229 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Owning Souls

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Game of Thrones meets The Wire.Posted Image

#73 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,677 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

2nd episode was great!The only character seeming out of place is Cersei. In the book she is a super bitch with tons of emotion. In the show she is a bitch, but pretty emotionless
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#74 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Give Cersei time, she will get worse.Tyrion's triple pimp slap was great.

#75 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Great two shows!Since I haven't read the books it's hard to keep track of the characters but
Spoiler

Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#76 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

View Postgobears, on Monday, April 25th, 2011, 10:49 PM, said:

Great two shows!Since I haven't read the books it's hard to keep track of the characters but
Spoiler
She was still at home in Winterfell, in the castle. They were out in the godswood, which is where the northern people pray and reflect to the old gods. It's just a small park type place, but it was back at the castle, not out on the kingsroad. Catelyn stayed behind with Bran to monitor him and run the castle, but the meeting was to discuss where she'll be going and who she'll be going with.

#77 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

It's gotta suck a little not having read the book. Well I guess not since you don't know what you might be missing. So far I think they have done a great job with casting and writing. But it's funny when my wife points to someone and asks who it that and I realize that the show has yet to introduce that person by name but I know who it is. Have they even made mention that the guy Jon Snow hugged was Robb? I have watched ep 1 twice and ep 2 once and I have yet to hear his name. Also I have figured out who Theon Greyjoy is as well and I know he has not been named yet. And Tommen and Myrcella!
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#78 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

I love the show so far and have not read the books. I'm just having trouble remembering who everyone is.

#79 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

View PostSBriand, on Tuesday, April 26th, 2011, 9:19 AM, said:

It's gotta suck a little not having read the book. Well I guess not since you don't know what you might be missing. So far I think they have done a great job with casting and writing. But it's funny when my wife points to someone and asks who it that and I realize that the show has yet to introduce that person by name but I know who it is. Have they even made mention that the guy Jon Snow hugged was Robb? I have watched ep 1 twice and ep 2 once and I have yet to hear his name. Also I have figured out who Theon Greyjoy is as well and I know he has not been named yet. And Tommen and Myrcella!
I think Robb is named a couple times, but maybe not. They haven't given him a whole lot to do. Theon is such a **********, he looks a little too much like Robb for my taste. Ilyn Payne took me a few seconds to figure out, and he definitely isn't imposing enough. He should have been closer to the Hound's size. I think they're trying to avoid naming too many people (like Tommen and Mycerlla) because the names are unique, and difficult to remember as it is, and much more so when you don't get to read the name and commit it to memory. I've liked explaining the show and clarifying things for the few people I know who are watching but haven't read the books, but its hard not to get too spoilery, and it does seem like a near impossible task to only watch the show and have a good idea about what's going on. HBO has put out a ton of extra material and promo stuff, and have websites dedicated to the families and who is in them and what houses are loyal to others, but without an extra source of information I don't know how anyone could come close to grasping everything that's thrown at the viewer.

#80 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Tuesday, April 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM, said:

Ilyn Payne took me a few seconds to figure out, and he definitely isn't imposing enough. He should have been closer to the Hound's size.
Ahh see I thought Payne looked kind of what I had imagined.
Steve,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users