Phill Hellmuth  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Phill Hellmuth...

• is the second best of all time
    • is an average player
    • used to be good but is way past his prime
    • is a douchebag
    • This poll is ghey

How is best player ever not an option?He deserves to be cocky. No one traps the internet aggro donks better than he does.
Have you seen him play against the best players on HSP, PAD, and the WPT? He gets his a$$ handed to him on a platter.I admit he is great at beating the average-joe over at the WSOP at NL Holdem. But overall(cash games, playing great players, PLAYING OTHER GAMES, etc.) he isn't even close to the top.

Very good at playing nobody's in tourney's...that's about all, i'd say, from what i've seen from him in tournies against good players and cash games. And NOWHERE near the best all-around poker player, which is what I assume you must mean by 'greatest of all-time'...including all the games.

Very good at playing nobody's in tourney's...that's about all, i'd say, from what i've seen from him in tournies against good players and cash games. And NOWHERE near the best all-around poker player, which is what I assume you must mean by 'greatest of all-time'...including all the games.
I'd have to agree with that. He can crush weak and inexperienced players but has more trouble with top-notch players. And all of his bracelets are in Hold 'em. I'd say Stu Ungar is the greatest tournament player of all-time, and currently it's either Ivey or Daniel.

One of the best tournament players ever with an inflated sense of self worth and skill. It could be an act, you'd have to ask Daniel or somebody who has played with him away from cameras to know how he really acts when he gets sucked out on or makes a forgivable bad call with the second best hand. Those are the two things that seem to drive him insane the most on TV. But I can't imagine its possible to be that successful while acting like that much of a ****** because of variance in normal games.

this is wrong on sooooo many levels..do you think there is more dead money<bad players> in the wsop today or 7-10 years ago?the obv answer is today. phil won some braclets against smaller fields yes, but those fields were made up of pro players rather than the avg joe that the wsop attracts today.. anybody that thinks diffrent needs to look at the field then and now, gurantted the talent then is 100% better...all this phil WAS good but plays too tight or hasnt adjusted to the NEW style is bunk. winning the heads up tourney and his 10th braclet is proof...he navagated a field of top notch players in the heads up tourney ..im just sayin, like him or not he is worthy of more respect than the newb online poker player thats gets spoon feed by espn is giving himsteps off soap box