I wonder if DN's bankroll has been depleted and he is starting to get depressed with internet poker drying up and hence no money coming in from this site, and yadda yadda, etc.I mean there seems to be a bunch of clues from the various blogs and comments we have seen.Winning 500k recently and saying he really needed it. Selling the car and truck. Talking about having no bankroll at the start of 2001. Playing tight and not much on this season's HSP. Quitting the big game after the $1M losing session. Hemorraghing major amounts on the golf course. Talk about returning to grinding it out. I thought before we figured his bankroll was 10 million or more. Does not add up.I think our hero is in some trouble. I hope I am wrong but have my doubts. Tax time on the $3M perhaps??? There goes 1.5M alone.At any rate, if this is the case, no worries, you have the skills to pay the bills. Just get back in there and grind it out. Might seem mundane to play the smaller games but hey if you can kill them why not? And don't be playing golf for 10,000/hole against all these hustlers too.Wow - I hope I am wrong. But no bankroll at the start of 2001? Don't think he has won $10M since then, and he has cronicled some devastating beats. Plus all this flying all over costs money too.Oh well - just throwing this out there as a possibility for the bizarre blogs lately. Once more, hope I am wrong but if not good luck on the way back.D

Seriously doubt he's broke, not that it's any of our business. He just had a record breaking sick run lately.I think he's a little bored with what his life has become with all the writing, all the blog bs, and yearning to find that poker fire! Just wants to play hard core for a bit. His life seems as much about all things NOT poker lately. I'm jacked for him that he wants to grind it out for a while. :club:

Seriously doubt he's broke, not that it's any of our business. He just had a record breaking sick run lately.I think he's a little bored with what his life has become with all the writing, all the blog bs, and yearning to find that poker fire! Just wants to play hard core for a bit. His life seems as much about all things NOT poker lately. I'm jacked for him that he wants to grind it out for a while. :club:
Seriously hope you are right, it would suck going from such a lavish lifestyle back to the Budget Suites.....It would make sense to get away from all this distraction and re-sharpen those skills in all games and feed on the fish. Rebuild any skills which may have atrophied due to all of his distractions.....Fingers crossed.

I'm pretty sure DN never had anywhere close to a $10M bankroll. I'm also pretty damn sure he's not broke now. Yeah, he sustained some losses on the golf course and took a big hit in one session of the big game, but he also just won $1M in tourneys in the past two months. He's not broke, maybe not as flush as he'd like to be, but certainly not broke.

"A toast to the black man, thanks for taking it all in stride."Quotation taken from the Family Guy Ep when Stewie was drunk--f-d up beyond all recognition.The entire following clip, from beginning to end, is like a metaphor for his public career--internet and otherwise. hahaha I kid. I kid. Seriously though, there are a myriad of parallels.Good times Negreanu; bbfidtshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJrvwRFi2Sg

I think our hero is in some trouble. I hope I am wrong but have my doubts. Tax time on the $3M perhaps??? There goes 1.5M alone.
Just a question regarding taxation, although you can say "there goes $1.5million," can he claim losses from poker as well after all it is his profession, I'm guessing he can, but can someone confirm please?
Just a question regarding taxation, although you can say "there goes $1.5million," can he claim losses from poker as well after all it is his profession, I'm guessing he can, but can someone confirm please?
Losses (including buy-ins and fees) can be subratcted from winnings when doing your taxes.Also, guys, don't forget that DN has money coming in from other things other than stricly playing poker. Video games, FCP, books, etc. I'm just waiting for Nike to come out with their line of poker apparel, so that he can endorse it. :club:

I seriously doubt he is broke... but I do think he may have bipolar disorder.Completely amped and stoked one day the next depressed and down and re-evaluting his life.I know you can't really diagnos someone just from a blog but it looks like a pretty good chance that he has at least a low level bipolar disorder.

I seriously doubt he is broke... but I do think he may have bipolar disorder.Completely amped and stoked one day the next depressed and down and re-evaluting his life.I know you can't really diagnos someone just from a blog but it looks like a pretty good chance that he has at least a low level bipolar disorder.
If that is so than about 75% of people are bipolar. It takes a little more than feeling differently day-to-day to qualify as bipolar.
If that is so than about 75% of people are bipolar. It takes a little more than feeling differently day-to-day to qualify as bipolar.
I understand that I can't be sure it just seems to me that he has more extreme highs and lows than "75%" of people that I have been around. My wife is bi-polar so I am pretty familar with the condition. I could be wrong but it might be something he could have a professional evaluate.
I understand that I can't be sure it just seems to me that he has more extreme highs and lows than "75%" of people that I have been around. My wife is bi-polar so I am pretty familar with the condition. I could be wrong but it might be something he could have a professional evaluate.
More likely is that he's starting to question alot more than he used to.That alone can make you depressed.I have gone through a similar phase in my life the last few months, and it wasn't a hoot.He's just trying to figure out what he is doing in life, and what he sees himself doing for the rest of his life.He'll be fine.

Oh sweet irony.We come here (at least I do anyway) as a diversion to our bored and burned out routines...and Daniel wants to escape to all of this because for him it has become a boring and burned out rountine! Amazing... Bottom line is we all need to take breaks and Daniel sure is entitled to do whatever the heck he wants, and owes no one anything. The possibility (or fear for some) is that a prolonged break from the forums, blog, etc. could well spell the end of FCP. We've all made friends here to one degree or another but lets just all be honest...we all came here because of Daniel. If he ever left for good it's game over, and no one wants to see that happen.But I don't think Daniel will ever leave...fact is, I think he needs this just as much as we do. It's kind of a bizzare relationship really but it works both ways, and everyone benefits IMO. It's a good thing in the long run, a sort of therapy.For all the crap and BS he gets here, I think there is a positive gain from it all. All of the feedback, good and bad has to have a regulating, grounding effect. It also allows him to remain connected to the root of what this is all about, POKER, and the people who love the game, the regular folks who grind it out every day, often times losing more than they win. The wanna be's, the marginal players getting good and good players on the brink of greatness (raises hand, lol). I think he really likes reading the posts and interacting with us folks trying get better, and hoping to maybe even one day actually chat with one of pokers greatest. It's all good.I actually think that all this interaction ultimately has led him to his latest decision to just screw all of this writing crap and get back to the core of it all, get back on the table, and not even at the highest levels necessarily. I know of some folks here in Phoenix who grew up very wealthy, but decided as an experiment after high school, to live on the street for a few months, just to see if they could hack it...just to "keep it real". Maybe this is a little like that for Daniel right now. I dunno.Fact is Daniel will always have far more fans than critics and I dare say most will always remain interested and be around to see what happens from here on out, the good, bad or ugly.Whatever...end rant. Enjoy the break and the journey Daniel. :club:

I think he is building a new home. All the classic signs:1. broker than normal2. crabbier than normal3. dresses up like a Jamiacan and smokes dope with his motherClassic signs of someone that is talking to an architect and builder every day.

Dubt it, even though some of the players you guys see on tv are broke and playing on borrowed money. I don't think the average person realizes just how many of these guys are being backed and probably give up 75% of their winnings. If I were to guess a number Id say 2 out of every 5 are in debt and are being backed by someone.

I understand that I can't be sure it just seems to me that he has more extreme highs and lows than "75%" of people that I have been around. My wife is bi-polar so I am pretty familar with the condition. I could be wrong but it might be something he could have a professional evaluate. What a joke you have know idea who Daniel is he's far from bipolar.
he's far from bipolar how could you think you know someone from reading a f***king blog please!!!
Dubt it, even though some of the players you guys see on tv are broke and playing on borrowed money. I don't think the average person realizes just how many of these guys are being backed and probably give up 75% of their winnings. If I were to guess a number Id say 2 out of every 5 are in debt and are being backed by someone.
I would say some have backers, but most arent backed 100 percent or even 75 percent. Daniel adnits to having backers before, but he has none now, and he even refuses to cut deals at the final table. So he could not be hurting that bad.

Nutzbuster is so lame, that guy has no life at all. All he does is suck up to DN, which I bet even DN finds disgusting and distasteful. Nutzbuster - DN doesn't like you. Stop sucking up to him, and use your time to make actual friends in the real world - then you might stop crying yourself to sleep each night.

Nutzbuster is so lame, that guy has no life at all. All he does is suck up to DN, which I bet even DN finds disgusting and distasteful. Nutzbuster - DN doesn't like you. Stop sucking up to him, and use your time to make actual friends in the real world - then you might stop crying yourself to sleep each night.
I love you too man! :club: Tomorrow is doughnut day btw....go eat a doughnut! :D
try playing poker for a living...see if you don't become bipolar. Also, you guys have to realize poker broke does not = Life broke...I don't know if DN is or not, but I know some HUGE big game players that are semi poker broke and still play higher stakes than 90% of the poker players out there. I doubt DN will be running out of money to support his family and play all the 10k's anytime soon.
Don't be a jerk dude, seriously. Any more of that I'll have your posting privelages taken away.