An Apology/confession...

I am, currently, nothing special in the online poker world, just another struggling low buy-in MTT player who dabbles in low stakes cash games.While this post is a confession of sorts, it's also an apology to anyone who has been witness to one of my tirades after getting knocked out of a tourney. It can also be used as a reminder to yourselves, should you suffer from the same affliction as I, that abusing others, regardless of the stupidity of their call or the suckout they just hit, is counter-productive to your overall game.I've been reading some of the articles on tilt and bad beats and such and I'm finding some solace in them, because they serve to remind me that I am not alone in getting bad beat, nor am I the only person who suffers from bad luck or feeling unreasonably angry after the fact.Why am I posting this? Because accountability for my own actions and taking respionsibility for these actions, as well as the mistakes that I make, will make me a better player and a better person. Will it make me too transparent? A target? Possibly, but if it serves the purpose of toughening myself to the point where bad beats and frustrations can be weathered with ease, a couple of cheap flames won't bother me. Outing myself as a chat abuser will, hopefully, cause me to deal with it better.So, that's the confession. Here's the apology: If ever you have seen me lose my cool in the chat line and thought I was just a whiny *****, you're probably right, and I'm sorry for portraying myself like that. If I ever cussed you out for calling my big PP with K7 suited and you backdoored a str8 to knock me out, well, I'm sorry. I'll probably look like an idiot for having posted this, but I'm hoping it'll turn out to be cathartic and beneficial in the long run and, ultimately, help me become a better poker player as well.Peace.xMercury69x on Stars, UB, Full Tilt.

That's who that was..just playing.I think we all lose our cool, **** just happens man. To almost everyone in the forum at one time. Whether its typing dumb ****, punching something, or throwing something, it happens. I don't think theres really a need to apologize, but put power to ya dude.

In the spirit of Mercury I want to say:If I have ever made fun of you after sucking out with my K7 and I rivered a straight and when you tilted, I mocked your slow play or told you to be quite while I stack your chips I am sorry. I should be a gracious winner and let you vent while I quietly stack your chips.And sorry for losing it over politics.

ok then.. I too would like to apologize.. but not to anyone I've played online. If my neighbors happen to be reading this, I apologize for randomly shouting and yelling at various times during the early hours of the morning. You may also have been startled by occasional banging and crashing noises. That will have most likely been me kicking and punching doors, windows and walls. I also apologize for my obscene language which accompanied this.Thank you.

:club: ??umm...David, you are way too friendly and mild mannered to have to post an apology thread. There's like another forum worth of people who should apologize before you.Don't sweat it bro. Everybody gets upset.

It takes courage to admit when one is wrong.I applaud you for taking that step.Good luck in controlling your temper in the future. If you feel a tirade coming on just remember why you posted this thread :club:

:club: ??umm...David, you are way too friendly and mild mannered to have to post an apology thread. There's like another forum worth of people who should apologize before you.Don't sweat it bro. Everybody gets upset.
It's like I'm a different person online at times. I just type rude **** into the chatbox. Frankly, I'm surprised I've only ever received one chat warning, given the obsecenties I spew at times. Thanks for the kind and irreverant responses so far. This "coming to terms with one's self" is not so bad lol.

I once was at a table when someone told the other guy that he hopes his children die in a grease fire..The guy responded meekly, Fu*k you..Original insulter: Ya know what, nevermind..beating you in a battle of wits is like beating Stephen Hawking in a yelling contest..I laughed for days after that one

Thank god that Visa quit allowing me to buy into stars. Therefore I can no longer abuse the donks at the 1/2 and 2/4 limit tables. Ah - the venom that spewed as I did not make my nightly $50 as originally planned....You are not alone.....

To quote BeL0WaB0Ve "Get AIDS"jkdon't sweat it man, everybody loses their cool whenever they get coolered. What separates the great players from everyone else is being able to keep their cool. You don't ever see Phil Ivey go apeshit whenever he gets 2-outed, do you?