Full Tilt Giving Me Some Grief...

So this is by no means a "I got scammed email." I'm just a little frustrated and to say the least feel pretty disrespected. I guess back in 2007 I opened an account under a user name. I didn't download any money, I think maybe a friend of mine sent me a $5'ver and I blew it pretty quick. I while later I wanted to start playing more seriously so I came up with the "Biff Goods" moniker and opened an account on UB and Tilt. I eventually wanted to try PS so I opened another Biff Goods account on that site. I should say that during the time I played under Biff Goods on FT I never once logged into my other named account. In fact, I didn't even remember it existed until this little situation came up. All the information (such as address, email and stuff) is old anyway. So I haven't had money on Tilt in about a year and decided I need to upload some and try the new stuff they got going on. I contacted their support and asked if I could get rakeback on my current account and they said they would send the information to rakebackpros. Then suddenly, my account gets shut down and I get a nasty email telling me that I have been multi-accounting and my Biff Goods account is no longer allowed to be used. I am only allowed to use the old account. I sent them an email back telling them that I didn't multi-use and I didn't even know this first account was active. I asked for the Biff Goods account and told them to shut down the other one because this was the one I wanted to use. They said no. As if that is enough, my money is gone. It's not in my "primary account" and I can't log into my other account to get it. Not to mention the FTP's that I had gathered using the Biff Goods account. I sent them an email kinda giving them shit about treating me like a criminal and demanding they give me access to my money and now suddenly they won't email me back. 24/7 Customer service my ass. When they were shutting my account down they wasted no time shooting me a reply back. So needless to say, I am a little pissed. I know a lot of people would probably say that this is why online poker should be illegal but I feel like the opposite. I think if we never legalize poker and put in some sort of regulatory system...what is to stop a company this big from just taking money.....and saying....."Sorry." Outside of suing, there is really nothing I can do if I never get my money back and they don't contact me back. I know I'm going overboard but I just don't understand why a company would put a returning customer through ringer. It's bad business. Whatever, Sorry to bug you guys.

Use the old account. Ask (don't tell) customer support to transfer your balance to the old account and ask for rakeback. Depending on how you signed up with the original account, they may not let you have rakeback but they shouldn't keep your money. Unless of course you were multi-accounting and then they should outright ban you.

So this is by no means a "I got scammed email." I'm just a little frustrated and to say the least feel pretty disrespected. I guess back in 2007 I opened an account under a user name. I didn't download any money, I think maybe a friend of mine sent me a $5'ver and I blew it pretty quick. I while later I wanted to start playing more seriously so I came up with the "Biff Goods" moniker and opened an account on UB and Tilt. I eventually wanted to try PS so I opened another Biff Goods account on that site. I should say that during the time I played under Biff Goods on FT I never once logged into my other named account. In fact, I didn't even remember it existed until this little situation came up. All the information (such as address, email and stuff) is old anyway. So I haven't had money on Tilt in about a year and decided I need to upload some and try the new stuff they got going on. I contacted their support and asked if I could get rakeback on my current account and they said they would send the information to rakebackpros. Then suddenly, my account gets shut down and I get a nasty email telling me that I have been multi-accounting and my Biff Goods account is no longer allowed to be used. I am only allowed to use the old account. I sent them an email back telling them that I didn't multi-use and I didn't even know this first account was active. I asked for the Biff Goods account and told them to shut down the other one because this was the one I wanted to use. They said no. As if that is enough, my money is gone. It's not in my "primary account" and I can't log into my other account to get it. Not to mention the FTP's that I had gathered using the Biff Goods account. I sent them an email kinda giving them shit about treating me like a criminal and demanding they give me access to my money and now suddenly they won't email me back. 24/7 Customer service my ass. When they were shutting my account down they wasted no time shooting me a reply back. So needless to say, I am a little pissed. I know a lot of people would probably say that this is why online poker should be illegal but I feel like the opposite. I think if we never legalize poker and put in some sort of regulatory system...what is to stop a company this big from just taking money.....and saying....."Sorry." Outside of suing, there is really nothing I can do if I never get my money back and they don't contact me back. I know I'm going overboard but I just don't understand why a company would put a returning customer through ringer. It's bad business. Whatever, Sorry to bug you guys.
Shocker...I never understood why people will give shit and issue demands to any customer service workers. Do youthink pissing these people off or offending them will result in a more immediate resolution? More oftenthan not it results in them taking a personal vendetta out for you and will do everything within their powerto make it as unplesant as possible.

yeah, imo just 'ask' them to look at their records to see that you haven't used that other name in years, and never ever had an overlapping period of play. "ask" to please consider that information and how it cooberates your statement that you didn't even remember the other account existing, etc. Then ask that at a minmum the original account is credited with your money and points, and if they can understand the situation to grant clemency and let biff goods remain, etc.Good luck man. I'm glad that they take a hardline stance againts multiaccounting, etc.....but if your info is honest, this is an unfortunate situation that sadly was churned up in teh wake. I hope they can find the correct balance for you. GL.

History dictates that 98% of the time there's more to the story than what the OP says. I'd be willing to bet you were extremely rude/unprofessional in email correspondence or there is more to the multiaccount issue than you're letting on. You should post your emails with them.

History dictates that 98% of the time there's more to the story than what the OP says. I'd be willing to bet you were extremely rude/unprofessional in email correspondence or there is more to the multiaccount issue than you're letting on. You should post your emails with them.
there's this too.That's why I say to be very courteous, etc. if you are 100% legit with your story.You have to understand that every multiaccounting scum sucker, when caught, is telling them the same stories about not using the old one, didn't know it existed, etc. etc.So you can't just snap off at them for actually doing their due dillegence. If you are 100% accurate with your story, just politely ask them to pull up their records to perhaps help validate your story........and I still can't get farking rakeback myself. Bah.

i had an original account on ftp years back, 'ajacejackaj'. When I found rakeback, i made a new account, 'mutha flushaa'. ftp discovered this and let me keep the new account, and they closed my old one that had no money/ftps etc

Shocker...I never understood why people will give shit and issue demands to any customer service workers. Do youthink pissing these people off or offending them will result in a more immediate resolution? More oftenthan not it results in them taking a personal vendetta out for you and will do everything within their powerto make it as unplesant as possible.
A:) I was completely friendly and cordial with them until they started treating me like shit and ignoring me. I have had many run-ins with companies customer service departments....some good....some bad. I always treat people with the type of respect that I would hope they treat me with first and only relent if they refuse to help me (in the way their JOB TITLE suggests they are supposed to) B:) Don't be a douche bag. If you think all people working customer service come to work everyday bright eyed and bushy tailed about listening to people's problems all day long then you are just clueless. News Flash: There are actually cynical people in the world that are not gonna care less about what you want regardless of how you treat them. Welcome to Earth.Sorry I didn't realize that "Justin Case" posts here.

I'll post emails. I'm not mad at them taking a hard stance. I am mad at the way the specific Customer Representative completely ignored any concerns I had when I did in fact ask nicely about keeping the BG account open and refused to give me any type of answer on where my money is. It's been about 8 emails already between us before I finally got mad. Give me a minute. I should have just posted the emails first instead of telling the story.

Hi I used to play on your site a while ago and I switched over to Pokerstars because I felt their rake was a bit lower. Since I've switched I have realized the possibility of rakeback and how it pertains to your site. I honestly would rather use your site because I like it's set up better however, I don't want to start a new account to set rakeback up. I've read that you can approve rakeback on existing accounts if I ask so I am wondering if it's possible.My account user name is Biff GoodsI'm not actually sure what to do beyond this point. I assume I will need to find a rakeback website so I will start researching.If you can make this happen I would love to upload some more money on your site and start playing on it again. ThanksAnthony --------------------------------Hello Anthony,Thanks for getting in contact with us about rakeback.Although Full Tilt Poker does not offer rakeback directly to players, our preferred affiliate partner RakeBackPros.com offers rakeback to players who sign up through their website with Full Tilt Poker.We've sent your player details to RakeBackPros.com and they will be in direct contact with you.Regards,MartinaFull Tilt Poker Support----------------------------------------------------------------------Please remember never to give out your password or enteraccount details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff willnever ask you for your password. For your security, alwayskeep this information a secret.Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros at Full Tilt Poker---------------------------------------------------------Thank you martina. I went ahead and uploaded some money on your site again. -----------------------------------------------------------------------Hello Anthony,This is to inform you that the following multiple account has been closed:Biff GoodsYour primary account [Papa Doria] has been left open and you may continue using it to play.Our policy is that one Full Tilt Poker account is allowed per player. We cannot permit you to use any account other than your primary account. If you would like a full explanation of our site terms, please visit our website at: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/site-terms This closure applies to all versions of the Full Tilt Poker software originally downloaded from any of our websites.Please contact us from the registered email address for your closed account [biff Goods] to confirm that you would like the remaining funds in this closed account transferred to your primary account.We thank you for playing at Full Tilt Poker and appreciate your understanding.Regards,ShiFull Tilt Poker Support----------------------------------------------------------------------Please remember never to give out your password or enteraccount details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff willnever ask you for your password. For your security, alwayskeep this information a secret.Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros at Full Tilt Poker----------------------------------------------------------------------Dear Shi, I'm a little confused about what's going on. I actually didn't remember even opening the Papa Doria account that are talking about until you brought this up. What confuses me the most is I haven't used int in over 3 years (I checked this by loggin on and checking the log in history). I never made this account my "primary account" and I definitely have never used this account while using my Biff Goods account. I would really rather not use my Papa Doria account if that's possible. Also I have some concerns about my FTP's I have earned in the Biff Goods account. Do they transfer as well? I understand why this is necessary. I definitely don't want both accounts open. As you can see my Papa Doria account doesn't have the correct information attached to it. About when do you think the money will transfer over so I can start playing again? Anthony -----------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.This is an automated response to confirm we've received your email, and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.Please be advised there's no need to reply to this email.Thank you for your patience.Regards,Full Tilt Poker Support----------------------------------------------------------------------To find answers to a variety of commonly asked questions,feel free to check out the Frequently Asked Questionssection of our website at:http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/about-faq Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros at Full Tilt Poker--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello Anthony,Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.In accordance with our site rules, players are not allowed to create or use more than one Full Tilt Poker account.While we understand you would like to close your primary account and keep your multiple account open, we are unable to switch your accounts. Your primary account Papa Doria has been left open, and the account Biff Goods will remain closed.We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.Regards,SusanneFull Tilt Poker Support----------------------------------------------------------------------Please remember never to give out your password or enteraccount details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff willnever ask you for your password. For your security, alwayskeep this information a secret.Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros at Full Tilt Poker----------------------------------------------------------------------Dear Susanne, I understand what the process is and also understand your policy. I still have some questions. 1. Am I still available for rakeback? 2. When is my money gonna be available. It is now been almost two days since my account has been closed and I still have not received my money. 3. Do the FTP's transfer? 4. Can you explain to me why I am not allowed to choose which account I can keep open? I would assume it really doesn't matter as long as both don't stay open. ThanksAnthony----------------------------------------------Hello Anthony,Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.In accordance with our site rules, players are not allowed to create or use more than one Full Tilt Poker account. As I stated before, your primary account Papa Doria has been left open, and the account Biff Goods will remain closed.We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.Regards,SusanneFull Tilt Poker Support----------------------------------------------------------------------Please remember never to give out your password or enteraccount details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff willnever ask you for your password. For your security, alwayskeep this information a secret.Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros at Full Tilt Poker--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello Susanne, Wow, I didn't think I could be treated with more disrespect until I opened your email. While I understand your policy, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you don't care to take care of my request. Not only that in your reply you wrote:"We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask."This leads me to believe one of a few options. A:) You didn't read my email through completely or B:) You don't care to try and support me in any way. I believe this because I had plenty of other concerns and questions stated in my email (such as where my money is that I uploaded recently onto your site). The only issue that was resolved was you sending me the basically the same email I got before I sent mine. This is absolutely unacceptable. I would like to be put in correspondence with your supervisor and I would also like my requests to be met with a general respect. I would at least like you to acknowledge my concerns and put my mind at ease. Your job as a customer service representative is to make sure I am happy. I realize that you have millions of players and the loss of one doesn't matter to you but running a business this way is sure to be destructive and is a recipe for disaster. Please reply with the email address of your supervisor so I can send him the past emails that I have saved as well as a record of the times I have played on both accounts so we can get this cleared up. Anthony

Hello Susanne, Wow, I didn't think I could be treated with more disrespect until I opened your email. While I understand your policy, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you don't care to take care of my request. Not only that in your reply you wrote:"We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask."This leads me to believe one of a few options. A:) You didn't read my email through completely or B:) You don't care to try and support me in any way. I believe this because I had plenty of other concerns and questions stated in my email (such as where my money is that I uploaded recently onto your site). The only issue that was resolved was you sending me the basically the same email I got before I sent mine. This is absolutely unacceptable. I would like to be put in correspondence with your supervisor and I would also like my requests to be met with a general respect. I would at least like you to acknowledge my concerns and put my mind at ease. Your job as a customer service representative is to make sure I am happy. I realize that you have millions of players and the loss of one doesn't matter to you but running a business this way is sure to be destructive and is a recipe for disaster. Please reply with the email address of your supervisor so I can send him the past emails that I have saved as well as a record of the times I have played on both accounts so we can get this cleared up. Anthony
Poorly played, Anthony. Ask to speak to Suzanne's supervisor, bother them on the forums, but don't blow up like this. It's not going to get you anywhere. Even if she did think you were just annoying, now she (rightfully) thinks you're a douchebag. She didn't disrespect you, she just didn't give you a good answer.

Hello Susanne, Wow, I didn't think I could be treated with more disrespect until I opened your email. While I understand your policy, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you don't care to take care of my request. Not only that in your reply you wrote:"We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask."This leads me to believe one of a few options. A:) You didn't read my email through completely or B:) You don't care to try and support me in any way. I believe this because I had plenty of other concerns and questions stated in my email (such as where my money is that I uploaded recently onto your site). The only issue that was resolved was you sending me the basically the same email I got before I sent mine. This is absolutely unacceptable. I would like to be put in correspondence with your supervisor and I would also like my requests to be met with a general respect. I would at least like you to acknowledge my concerns and put my mind at ease. Your job as a customer service representative is to make sure I am happy. I realize that you have millions of players and the loss of one doesn't matter to you but running a business this way is sure to be destructive and is a recipe for disaster. Please reply with the email address of your supervisor so I can send him the past emails that I have saved as well as a record of the times I have played on both accounts so we can get this cleared up. AnthonyPeople love being told how to do their jobs.

I'll try playing Suzanne here. (FTP's CS is known to be shoddy.)1. Am I still available for rakeback?Depends on how you opened your original account. If it is already attached to a tracker, then no, you cannot get rakeback.2. When is my money gonna be available. It is now been almost two days since my account has been closed and I still have not received my money.Have you specificially requested them to do that from your email that is attached to your Biff Goods account?(Note in one of their emails, "Please contact us from the registered email address for your closed account [biff Goods] to confirm that you would like the remaining funds in this closed account transferred to your primary account.")3. Do the FTP's transfer?This is the only one I don't know the answer to.4. Can you explain to me why I am not allowed to choose which account I can keep open? I would assume it really doesn't matter as long as both don't stay open.They keep the first account open generally to prevent rakeback shenanegans, as well as dodging any history which other players may have built up on you.

I can see why one would be mad about all this. But you certainly took it to the extremes, and you'll be extremely lucky if you are able to contact ANYONE at FTP that will help you out after the way you have handled things.We get the fact that you want to keep the Biff account open. But they told you in 3 separate emails that won't be possible. Yet in each email, you ask again and again. Face it, Biff account is closed. If you had just asked about how long the transfer of funds would be instead of harping on the account name, you may have gotten an answer.My guess is now they'll take their sweet a$$ time to get you your funds after your emails.Good luck.

I would like to be put in correspondence with your supervisor and I would also like my requests to be met with a general respect. I would at least like you to acknowledge my concerns and put my mind at ease. Your job as a customer service representative is to make sure I am happy. I realize that you have millions of players and the loss of one doesn't matter to you but running a business this way is sure to be destructive and is a recipe for disaster. Please reply with the email address of your supervisor so I can send him the past emails that I have saved as well as a record of the times I have played on both accounts so we can get this cleared up. Anthony
Great way to handle it. I'm sure you'll see results right away.

I was sailing along on FTP playing rush when I got the "multi-accounting" email. I never multi-accounted, just like you, I forgot I had an account there from long ago. I applaud FTP for pursuing this. I think they should be making $ and pt. transfers as they are shutting down these old accounts ... as is their right.

Hello Susanne, Wow, I didn't think I could be treated with more disrespect until I opened your email. While I understand your policy, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you don't care to take care of my request. Not only that in your reply you wrote:"We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask."This leads me to believe one of a few options. A:) You didn't read my email through completely or B:) You don't care to try and support me in any way. I believe this because I had plenty of other concerns and questions stated in my email (such as where my money is that I uploaded recently onto your site). The only issue that was resolved was you sending me the basically the same email I got before I sent mine. This is absolutely unacceptable. I would like to be put in correspondence with your supervisor and I would also like my requests to be met with a general respect. I would at least like you to acknowledge my concerns and put my mind at ease. Your job as a customer service representative is to make sure I am happy. I realize that you have millions of players and the loss of one doesn't matter to you but running a business this way is sure to be destructive and is a recipe for disaster. Please reply with the email address of your supervisor so I can send him the past emails that I have saved as well as a record of the times I have played on both accounts so we can get this cleared up. Anthony
I think that everyone in this thread understands your frustration and where you are coming from. But the reality is that the advise you were given is not surprising and was not really particularly rude or unsatisfactory. You didn't listen to their e-mail (about sending them an email on the money transfer) and you flew off the handle when you didn't get your way.Someone not doing what you ask is not the same as being disrespected.At this point, your best bet if to send them the requisite email regarding the transfer of money, apologize for your rude and hasty email, request that they reconsider their decision, and then prepare for life onyour old account.

I'm so glad I'm not in customer service.

i truly hope full tilt dies as well, i was nothing but cooperative with them and they chose not to help.
try screaming?