I have played 10 SNG's this week. Each SNG lasted over 1 1/2-2 hours. Each SNG didn't get down to the money until 1 hour into it. Each SNG was crawling with donkeys that were proving darwinism wrong by being too stupid to die.Is it just me here? Or maybe I have been seeing shorter than normal SNG run times this past year (doubtful).I'm not playing SNG's at a high enough level right now where I could play for 1 1/2-2 hours in a SNG and have it be worth my time, so if the averages don't end up coming down again, I might have to stop playing.

Yes they seem to take quite a while, that's why I stick to the Turbo's.Lately I've been 4-tabling the $6.50 9-man Turbo's on Stars. Out of my last 8 games played, I have 4 firsts and 2 thirds. I can usually cash in at least 2 of them, which how I plan to slowly grind and build my br back to where it was before betwwts.com stole my money. :club:

Depends a lot on the site (structure). It's possible that people are starting to tighten up a bit but I haven't seen it in the 10s I play. FTP average is around 1:15, Party around 0:50 I'd guess.

Depends a lot on the site (structure). It's possible that people are starting to tighten up a bit but I haven't seen it in the 10s I play. FTP average is around 1:15, Party around 0:50 I'd guess.
I've been playing the 10's on Stars and Full Tilt lately, and that's where they've been taking so long. I also played a 5 yesterday on Full Tilt, and it was unbelievably long too. It took an hour to get to heads up, and heads up took 24 minutes.

I think it's just you.Seriously though, your probably just playing for to long. 2 Hours isn't even that bad for a good sNg. Stop stressing and just play them out. Skills probably going up a little bit too.What level of sNg are you playing? $10?

I have played 10 SNG's this week. Each SNG lasted over 1 1/2-2 hours. Each SNG didn't get down to the money until 1 hour into it. Each SNG was crawling with donkeys that were proving darwinism wrong by being too stupid to die.Is it just me here? Or maybe I have been seeing shorter than normal SNG run times this past year (doubtful).I'm not playing SNG's at a high enough level right now where I could play for 1 1/2-2 hours in a SNG and have it be worth my time, so if the averages don't end up coming down again, I might have to stop playing.
It's not just you dude. The SnG's I play on Full Tilt last well over an a hour anymore.

It's not just you.Many players have figured out that playing very tight in the first several levels and loosening up as the blinds increase help get them into the money.Two years ago, I could consistently play a $16turbo on stars and make the money without showing down a hand. I stopped playing SNGS in favor of cash games and a couple months ago I wanted a change, so I played one. They might as well have started the blinds at 100/200 +25ante. That's how long it took for players to open up and play. I couldn't believe it but after playing several more, I definatly noticed how tight the early rounds had become.

I played an ftp one yesterday and was amazed at how long it took, longer than a typical stars one. I think its because people in general play tighter in the ftp ones and there are never any antes to steal

It'll work its way around. I tend to play quite loose in the earlier stages just because everyone else is playing tight. I can often double up without playing a single pot after the flop.In all likelihood, eventually others will try this, and the games will loosen up.

Lately I had been playing the $20 sngs on Stars and they usually last about 1hr 15min. I've noticed it all depends on the time you play. If you're playing anywhere from like 8pm-2am, the donks are everywhere and most of the play is loose in the beginning. After 2am in the early mourning, players tend to play more conserative and generally are weaker to push around the bubble.

Try the $10 5-table SNGs on Party. You'll typically loose 10 people in the first orbit. Pretty amazing. They only take around 1:30 or 1:45 and if you take first it's a nice prize.
So basically the OP was complaining about how long SNG's take, and in your response, you tell him about a SNG that lasts even longer? Nice...
So basically the OP was complaining about how long SNG's take, and in your response, you tell him about a SNG that lasts even longer? Nice...
Reading comprehension dipshit:I'm not playing SNG's at a high enough level right now where I could play for 1 1/2-2 hours in a SNG and have it be worth my time, so if the averages don't end up coming down again, I might have to stop playing.The OP was complaining about it not being worth the time to play a SNG. So one that lasts only a few minutes longer but pays out 3 times as much to the winner isn't a bad option.
Reading comprehension dipshit:I'm not playing SNG's at a high enough level right now where I could play for 1 1/2-2 hours in a SNG and have it be worth my time, so if the averages don't end up coming down again, I might have to stop playing.The OP was complaining about it not being worth the time to play a SNG. So one that lasts only a few minutes longer but pays out 3 times as much to the winner isn't a bad option.
Reading Comprehension>YouYou added nothing to this thread...Thanks. Come back anytime.
Reading Comprehension>YouYou added nothing to this thread...Thanks. Come back anytime.
Lol. And you have?Someday soon you'll grow hair on your balls. Don't worry about it. It's normal when boys turn around 12.
Lol. And you have?Someday soon you'll grow hair on your balls. Don't worry about it. It's normal when boys turn around 12.
Hmm...You seem to know far too much about 12 year old boys and their pubic hairs. Go take on another hobby or something, that's just sick.
looooooooooooooool...snipe
looooooooool Being a man I can speak from personal experience. I was a 12 year old boy once. If you don't know anything about 12 year old boys you're either a woman or a pre-pubescent male. (Why do I feel like I'm arguing with a fern here?)
looooooooool Being a man I can speak from personal experience. I was a 12 year old boy once. If you don't know anything about 12 year old boys you're either a woman or a pre-pubescent male. (Why do I feel like I'm arguing with a fern here?)
And why do I feel like I am arguing with a child molester? Beats the shit outta me buddy. And I didn't say I didn't know what it was like being 12 when I was that age, but you on the other hand seem to know a bit more than average. It would seem that this is your hobby, and that is sick. Some hobby's are ok, some are not. Your obsession with 12 year old boys and their pubic region is not ok. Say it with me, "Not okay."Once you have figured that part out, you will understand life and what it is really all about.