David Sklansky Going To Win Borgata

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention NLHE deep is about feel and reads, and we all know Sklansky is known for that.
Ya but they wont be deep soon. Blinds and antes getting really high compared to stacks and at FT we all know the crapshoot it will be. I actually think Sklansky will have an edge over most if he makes ft.

HA!I thought about him today when HOH mentioned his book, "Tournement Poker for Advanced Players." When I read that recommendation, I could only remember seeing him in WPT authors tournys and the Poker Superstars I.Go David, it'll help him sell more books if he wins.

HA!I thought about him today when HOH mentioned his book, "Tournement Poker for Advanced Players." When I read that recommendation, I could only remember seeing him in WPT authors tournys and the Poker Superstars I.Go David, it'll help him sell more books if he wins.
If you discount his chances you either underestimate him, overestimate the skill factor in tournaments (esp. WPT structures) or both.
nice hand... actually laughed out loud
I swear that's exactly what I did when I saw the thread title!
WPT sucks all the real poker out of it because of how fast the blinds escalate. It'll come down to luck at the Final Table.
That would actually benefit David immensely. The more post flop play available the worse off he is. His strengths are in his recognition of pre-flop situations where it's correct to go all in. I think he is a good bet to make the final table, but a poor choice to win it all based on his approach to the game. He won't play to "win," he'll play to make money, often meaning sacrificing opportunites to gain chips while waiting for others to get knocked out so he can move up the ladder.

My favourite Sklansky related quote (which sums up his chances aside from WPT all-in luckboxing):

I started with 23K and immediately started getting killed. I took AQ up against AK in the holdem round. Ace flopped. I checked behind on the turn and called the river; I almost folded it because it was sklansky - Paul Phillips
And that's limit remember...