F C P Golf Tournamant ?

Yo fellow FCP hackers!About a year ago Oziumrules attempted to get a golf outing going for us FCP'rs . The response was very favorable, but alas it failed to get any serious traction and we never made it to the first tee.Our hope has always been to create what would ultimately become an annual FCP members golf weekend. This thread is an attempt to see if anyone's still interested in the idea. We would like to see it happen sometime between December 2006 and April 2007.The location will be Las Vegas at a course yet to be determined. The play would most likely include a 2 or 3 day scramble/best ball type event, with some sort of poker playing high jinx thrown in between. note: all entry fees, travel and lodging will be at your own expense. No telling where this idea will eventually lead, but the hope is we can make it happen. Finding out who wants to play is the first step.Please respond if you would seriously be interested. Any and all input is welcome. Try to include a time frame so we have a chance at picking a date that works for everyone. Hit 'em straight! :club:

nutz sounds like a great idea. i however will not likely make it but i have an idea. if you wanted to add some sort of poker to it make it like a poker run that bikers do. for examble if a team gets a birdie then you get a card. at the end they get all the cards they have earned and make the best 5 card hand. then you can take strokes off based on the hand i.e. 2 strokes for a pair 3 for 3 of a kind and so on. you can change it to anyway you like but that could be a cool way to get poker involved with the tournament. just a thought and i will try to make it when i see the date but i doubt it because the dates you have given is around the bar exam.

Hopefully we get this thing off the ground this time. I have some great ideas for the golf format to make it fair and fun for all. Who can resist Golf during the day and Poker at night! Plus being in Las Vegas helps....

Hopefully we get this thing off the ground this time. I have some great ideas for the golf format to make it fair and fun for all. Who can resist Golf during the day and Poker at night! Plus being in Las Vegas helps....
Yes indeedy capt'n! :club: Great response's so far. We will make this as much fun as humanly possible.Probably bump this for a few weeks to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it.Fore!

I'm trying to set up a golf outing in the Toronto area first. Let's call it my step program. If Toronto works then I'll expand to surrounding area and so on.

Speaking of, who won last night?
I believe it was smcgolfer... I see he used my chips wiselyI would be interested if it fell on a day during my vacation I may take to Vegas in Feb.

I'm in. Takes me 3.5 hours to drive to Vegas so I can be pretty flexible. My only problem is I am usaully tied up on weekends, that's when the parties are. But I will do my best to be there.I'll bring the cigars, but only for the first 20 people. That leaves 5 for me! :club:

I'd be interested. Not sure I could afford it, but I'd certainly be interested.

I'd be interested - it would depend on the date/time.Haven't played for six years and I have yet to break 100 - yeah, I'm that good.
I shot 78 today. Had a good round. :club:

I get to Vegas in January. I am so in.