This is as far as I can tell. It includes the common opponent tiebreaker. Bold means the position is locked.Currently-1 - Demented Avengers 10-52 - Team Canada 10-53 - Looshle's Losers 10-54 - Zimmer 9-55 - Kings in the Hole 10-5-- Yangsters 8-7-- Oh You Call I Call 8-7A Zimmer loss makes Demented number 1 and Canada number 2.Zimmer can move up to number 3 seed with a win.Oh You Call I call and Yangsters will have a playoff for the 6 seed.

This is as far as I can tell. It includes the common opponent tiebreaker. Bold means the position is locked.Currently-1 - Team Canada 10-42 - Demented Avengers 10-53 - Looshle's Losers 10-54 - Zimmer 9-55 - Kings in the Hole 10-56 - Yangsters 8-7-- Oh You Call I Call 7-7-- Drawin Dead 7-7Canada clinches number 1 seed with a win.A Canada loss makes Demented number 1 and Canada number 2.Zimmer can move up to number 3 seed with a win.Oh You Call I call can force a playoff with a win.Drawin Dead can get in as the 6 seed with a win and a Oh You Call I Call loss.
Uhh...why would Demented get the number 1 seed if Team Canada loses? We have the same record, the same conference record and we've never played head to head. I'm pretty sure Sleuth mentioned a tie-breaker in that situation whether we both won or both lost.Don't matter...a Team Canada win solves all the headaches!

I think the best thing for me would be if I win and Canada loses. Looshle would be the 4 seed because of a worse conference record. I'm not sure what would happen between me, Demented, and Canada.It would probably come up to Record vs. Common opponents, where Canada and I are 2-0, and Demented Avengers is 3-1. I guess that means we have the best record against common opponents, then Canada gets the 1 seed over me due to head to head record. So I'm still in the running for the 2 seed, I have to win and Canada has to lose. If Canada wins, best I can do is the 3 seed, and if I lose, I get the 4.

I think the best thing for me would be if I win and Canada loses. Looshle would be the 4 seed because of a worse conference record. I'm not sure what would happen between me, Demented, and Canada.It would probably come up to Record vs. Common opponents, where Canada and I are 2-0, and Demented Avengers is 3-1. I guess that means we have the best record against common opponents, then Canada gets the 1 seed over me due to head to head record. So I'm still in the running for the 2 seed, I have to win and Canada has to lose. If Canada wins, best I can do is the 3 seed, and if I lose, I get the 4.
Zim, I wish the very best for you because you share my passion for the Simpsons.However, Team Canada ain't planning to lose today...fukk you very much :club:
I haven't done the math myself, but Bizzle seemed pretty certain that we have the edge in common opponents vs you guys.edit: yup, we're 5-1 vs your 4-2 Zim.edit2: also 5-1 vs TC's 4-2
I haven't done the math myself, but Bizzle seemed pretty certain that we have the edge in common opponents vs you guys.
That's the weird thing. You have us beat individually. You have us beat in the common opponents we share, and Canada beat in the common opponents you two share. However, there are 2 teams that all 3 of us have played, Canada and I are 2-0 in those games, You guys are 3-1.
That's the weird thing. You have us beat individually. You have us beat in the common opponents we share, and Canada beat in the common opponents you two share. However, there are 2 teams that all 3 of us have played, Canada and I are 2-0 in those games, You guys are 3-1.
The part that seems clear:So if TC wins, and you win, TC gets the number one seed outright with the best record. Then there's a tie between the two us for the number two seed (since we have KitH and LL beat via the first tiebreakers), and then we'd get the number two see and you number 3 since we hold the common opponents over you.The part that is unclear:If TC loses and TZ wins, there's a three way tie between us, and as you said, you guys hold over us in the common opponents between all 3 of us and we hold over you in common opponents individually. Hell if I know how that is meant to be resolved, but I (obviously I'm biased) would be really ticked if we were to lose this tiebreaker even though we hold it over both teams individually.
Ur hurting my brain.

I think my way I outlined it is gonna happen.I win:1. Canada2. Zimmer3. Demented Avengers4. Looshle5. Kings6. SomeoneI lose:1. Demented2. Canada3. Looshle4. Zimmer5. Kings6. Someone

I think my way I outlined it is gonna happen.I win:1. Canada2. Zimmer3. Demented Avengers4. Looshle5. Kings6. SomeoneI lose:1. Demented2. Canada3. Looshle4. Zimmer5. Kings6. Someone
I disagree. I didn't realise that you and Canada played each other heads up. With that it should just be between Canada and us. Even if that's not the case, we still beat both of you guys in common opponents.
I disagree. I didn't realise that you and Canada played each other heads up. With that it should just be between Canada and us. Even if that's not the case, we still beat both of you guys in common opponents.
No, there's no way that because one team beat another HU they are eliminated. I guess it's up to Sleuthis to make the call, but by my understanding of the rules, that's how it will shake out.
No, there's no way that because one team beat another HU they are eliminated. I guess it's up to Sleuthis to make the call, but by my understanding of the rules, that's how it will shake out.
Why not? From a common sense argument: TC > Zimmer based on HeadsupDA > Zimmer based on common opponentsAccording to your interpretation, the team that holds the tiebreaker over the team that beat you should come in third. I guess we'll have to wait until Sleuthis lets us know what's going on (and if you win tomorrow's game), but your standings really make no sense to me.

Okay, so i'm clear on this.If Drawin Dead loses then Yangsters and Oh you call will both the same records, division, conference and overall. We never played each other. So there would be a playoff match to see who gets in, right?Then if Drawin Dead wins, we will all have the same overall, division and conference records.Oh you call beat Drawin Dead twiceDrawin Dead beat us once.Yangsters never played Oh you call.So it would be a 3 way round robin for the wildcard, right? Does common opponents enter in? Since they are in the same division does that effect anything?How would a 3 way round robin work?:Head spinning in circles face:

I edited the first post based on current records. To (hopefully) provide correct rulings to the thread-Oh You Call I Call and Yangsters will have a playoff. They have the same record, same conference record, same record among common opponents. Drawin Dead cannot make the playoffs, because they do not hold over Oh You Call I Call in any tiebreaker, and the 3rd place team in a division cannot make the playoffs when the second place team in a division does.I didn't flip through tiebreakers for a 3 way tie, because I thought it would be unlikely. Assuming Zimmers math is correct, at 3-1 DA would finish third, while Team Canada (as far as I can tell) holds over Zimmer, if Zim wins.

Bizzle, i want to believe you but I looked through all the rules and don't see that a 3rd place team can't make a wildcard anywhere. Is this something I missed? You are saying Drawing Dead can't win but I wish sluethis would update us on what is going on.

I didn't flip through tiebreakers for a 3 way tie, because I thought it would be unlikely. Assuming Zimmers math is correct, at 3-1 DA would finish third, while Team Canada (as far as I can tell) holds over Zimmer, if Zim wins.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Team A were to beat Team B headsup and Team A beat Team C heads up, the would have a sweep of the headsup tiebreaker, yes? It wouldn't matter if team B and Team C played each other.So how is it that completely different rules would apply to the next tiebreaker, where DA beat TC in common opponents, and DA beat TZ in common opponents?There seems to be no logical continuity between the two tiebreakers.What I will laugh the most at is if Zimmer wins and sleuthis goes by Zimmer's interpretation, because then despite holding the tiebreakers over TZ, TC, AND 5150s, we will be ineligible for the best record prize money since conference seeding will take priority.
Bizzle, i want to believe you but I looked through all the rules and don't see that a 3rd place team can't make a wildcard anywhere. Is this something I missed? You are saying Drawing Dead can't win but I wish sluethis would update us on what is going on.
Same as NFL tiebreakers-resolve the tied teams down to 1 per division, then resolve the teams down to the top one.
I edited the first post based on current records. To (hopefully) provide correct rulings to the thread-Oh You Call I Call and Yangsters will have a playoff. They have the same record, same conference record, same record among common opponents. Drawin Dead cannot make the playoffs, because they do not hold over Oh You Call I Call in any tiebreaker, and the 3rd place team in a division cannot make the playoffs when the second place team in a division does.I didn't flip through tiebreakers for a 3 way tie, because I thought it would be unlikely. Assuming Zimmers math is correct, at 3-1 DA would finish third, while Team Canada (as far as I can tell) holds over Zimmer, if Zim wins.
I disagree teammate...and Im captain. It makes no sense that a team that holds tiebreakers over each opponent individually can finish behind them in a 3 way tie.This is supposed to mimic NFL rules. In the NFL tiebreaker, a three way tie is broken by eliminating one team with a tiebreaker and going back to step one.In this case the first relevant tiebraker is a head to head TC over Zimmer. Zimmer is 3rd, then you go back to tiebreaker 1, work your way through and we have it over TC.Note that the NFL rule for division tie breakers does NOT require a sweep of both teams they are tied with to be effective. That is a specific requirement of the wildcard tiebreaker, and would have been worded the same way for division if it were meant to be that way.
So how is it that completely different rules would apply to the next tiebreaker, where DA beat TC in common opponents, and DA beat TZ in common opponents?
Your a logical continuity mistake. :-pNo, in all honesty, you are somewhat correct. But that isn't the way the tiebreaker works. The key to the heads up scenario you proposed is a heads up SWEEP, where one team wins outright over the other two.In terms of the common opponents, with 3 teams, you figure out their common opponents and their record. In this care, with the common 2 teams, we clearly fall behind the other two teams (since we have lost, and they have not). Thus, we will be the 3 seed.
That is a specific requirement of the wildcard tiebreaker, and would have been worded the same way for division if it were meant to be that way.
Ummm....this isn't a divisional tiebreaker? It's a in-conference tiebreaker? Thus, a sweep is necessary.
Your a logical continuity mistake. :-pNo, in all honesty, you are somewhat correct. But that isn't the way the tiebreaker works. The key to the heads up scenario you proposed is a heads up SWEEP, where one team wins outright over the other two.In terms of the common opponents, with 3 teams, you figure out their common opponents and their record. In this care, with the common 2 teams, we clearly fall behind the other two teams (since we have lost, and they have not). Thus, we will be the 3 seed.
Except the NFL head to head tiebreaker does not require a sweep at the division (equivalent to our conference level) as I pointed out above. It specifically does only for the wildcard...by logical (and legal, if it were a contract or law) construction it would have stated that a sweep is necessary in both places if it were meant to be so.

No, I don't think it's fair that because Canada has a win over me that I'm eliminated from the 3-way tiebreaker. There has to be a HU sweep by 1 team over the other 2 in order for that rule to be in effect. If one team didn't sweep the other two, then it goes to the next tiebreaker.