1-3NL hero- 650 (hero is me, and has had a solid image, abc poker)villain 600 (has a hot girlfriend, recently busted from the daily tourneys, and seems "ok")other dude- doesnt matter (has no real reason to be in the hand)hero is hijack with 6c,3c1 limp, other dude limps, hero raise to 13, villain call from button, blindsfold, limper fold, other dude calls.3players ($46)flop 2d,4d,5hother dude checks, hero bets 30, villain raise to 90, other dude moans and groans and cant believe he has to fold. Now hero's line?line i took in white below:hero call, turn 9c, hero check, villain bet 200. hero moves all in. During the hand, i thought about whether i should 3-bet the flop or push the flop, or trap.I think both ways get paid off very often. if villain has a set, i doesnt matter too much which line i chose, same with an A,3 straight. if villain has 2 pair or an over pair, i think a flop push or large 3 bet scares him out the majority of the time, because of my image.

Without reading your white text:Raise more preflop to put real pressure on the limpers to fold. You have 6 high.Unless you're pretty sure he's got a monster hand and not a draw, then reraise here isntead of going for the c/r on the turn.Oh yeah, even if he has a mosnter hand, reraise now and get chips into the pot.Nothing worse than you flat calling and a 3 rolls off on the turn and he mucks a set.After reading your white text:What he said ^^^^

1-3NL hero- 650 (hero is me, and has had a solid image, abc poker)villain 600 (has a hot girlfriend, recently busted from the daily tourneys, and seems "ok")other dude- doesnt matter (has no real reason to be in the hand)hero is hijack with 6c,3c1 limp, other dude limps, hero raise to 13, villain call from button, blindsfold, limper fold, other dude calls.3players ($46)flop 2d,4d,5hother dude checks, hero bets 30, villain raise to 90, other dude moans and groans and cant believe he has to fold. Now hero's line?line i took in white below:
Re-raise. $200.EDIT: smooth-calling never works out for me here.
Without reading your white text:Raise more preflop to put real pressure on the limpers to fold. You have 6 high.Unless you're pretty sure he's got a monster hand and not a draw, then reraise here isntead of going for the c/r on the turn.Oh yeah, even if he has a mosnter hand, reraise now and get chips into the pot.Nothing worse than you flat calling and a 3 rolls off on the turn and he mucks a set.After reading your white text:What he said ^^^^
meh, i dont like the whole "nothing worse than a 3 falling and killing action" thats a possibility but not one i'm too concerned with. we cant guarantee he is holding a set.(yet)and why am i raising more pf? standard raise was 10-15. or do you think i'm trying to blind steal?
meh, i dont like the whole "nothing worse than a 3 falling and killing action" thats a possibility but not one i'm too concerned with. we cant guarantee he is holding a set.(yet)and why am i raising more pf? standard raise was 10-15. or do you think i'm trying to blind steal?
I have a standard and I adjust for limprers. At low limit tables like that, my standard opener is usually 4BBs + 1 per limper. If you open for $12, that's fine. If 2 people limp, make it $18 or $20.If you aren't sure of his hand here, then reraise. If he's got a mediocre strength holding like 88 or something, he probably won't bet the turn. If he's got a draw, he probably won't bet the turn. If he's got a set or 2 pair or A3 or a combo draw, he'll bet the turn, but he'll call with those hands on the flop. I can already feel that this is the same converastion for one of your other threads. In general, if he's got a hand to play a big pot with, he'll play a big pot on the flop. There are a lot of bad turn cards for his holdings (if he's got a made hand) on that board and you can't be sure what they are. Since he likes his hand now, make him pay for it.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=111992
I have a standard and I adjust for limprers. At low limit tables like that, my standard opener is usually 4BBs + 1 per limper. If you open for $12, that's fine. If 2 people limp, make it $18 or $20.If you aren't sure of his hand here, then reraise. If he's got a mediocre strength holding like 88 or something, he probably won't bet the turn. If he's got a draw, he probably won't bet the turn. If he's got a set or 2 pair or A3 or a combo draw, he'll bet the turn, but he'll call with those hands on the flop. I can already feel that this is the same converastion for one of your other threads. In general, if he's got a hand to play a big pot with, he'll play a big pot on the flop. There are a lot of bad turn cards for his holdings (if he's got a made hand) on that board and you can't be sure what they are. Since he likes his hand now, make him pay for it.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=111992

I agree 100% about making him stack off on the flop if he has a made hand.that being said, do you stack off deep stacked with bottom set here every time? Pretend that caesars wasnt a max 500. and that the max buy in was 100bb's.

I agree 100% about making him stack off on the flop if he has a made hand.that being said, do you stack off deep stacked with bottom set here every time? Pretend that caesars wasnt a max 500. and that the max buy in was 100bb's.
To a guy in a raised pot when he could (and likely does) have an overpair?You'd bet your ass I'm stacking off with a set here. Two pair as well.And I consider folding these hands. Most people never consider folding a set or 2 pair in a raised pot.You also said you had a solid image and were playing ABC poker. I'm not putting you on a straight here, so a set or 2 pair is the nuts.
Well, it's certainly not a value raise, is it?
it could be. since i went 2 hours without any PP's, i pulled a brad booth and said this hand i'm going to rep a big holding.but got lucky anyways. so meh. p.s. I won the grinder tourney again last night. weeee

No, weaksauce.we got HU this time. 1st was 1,950.00so i made a deal with the guy since he seemedlike a decent player and we were even in chips.we played HU for the 300 promo, and chopped 1st/2nd i won the promo and went to black jack with seth and ray. lol also, seth is fully comped at the venetian now. dont ask how. just know that it involves a 5 figure swing.

Raise the flop. He can't put you on a hand better than one pair.

Raise the flop. He can't put you on a hand better than one pair.
i agree, absolutely no need to disguise our hand imo. we aren't getting much action without him having a big hand or big draw and we raised pf so we have an overpair, duh.
i agree, absolutely no need to disguise our hand imo. we aren't getting much action without him having a big hand or big draw and we raised pf so we have an overpair, duh.
Fo' Sho'

How do you play a big ace here? They're going to figure that's part of your range, no? Two-overs and a gut-shot?