#142 yeffy

yeffy

Butt Head

• Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:OE or any mixed game

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:18 AM

View Postyeffy, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 3:15 PM, said:

Dubble Bubble FTWIf you could make it though the jaw crushing first moments it had long lasting gum goodness in store for you.

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 6:34 PM, said:

What is this esteemed panel's view on dubble bubble?Personally, I can take it or leave it. LOL @ the image that came up from my google search. :club:
Page 3 it was said and I'll say it again. Love the Dubble Bubble.Sure it had a bit of an odd flavor and sure it had jaw destructing power for the first minute, but for serious bubbles and lasting texture it was is and will always be the undisputed champion of true bubble gum.
It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time baby!

#143 Ladi77

Ladi77

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Poker, golf, fishing, cigars, cop shows, poker shows, working out, biking, motorcycles, shopping, reading, my job
  • Favorite Poker Game:No limit

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

View PostRabidTortuga, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 2:13 PM, said:

As for things to add, I like the Leaderboard idea as well.As for what I like about FCP, well, the community as a whole. Other poker communities tend to be either very dry, or lean towards the nasty, vulgar side of funny (or perhaprs way past that side, really). The FCP community strikes a nice balance between intelligent discussion and funny, playful banter, with a well-placed zing here and there. I think we also have the privledge of being home to some of the classiest up-and-coming young pro's in the business, who are still willing to share wisdom, experiences, and a good laugh with us without being condescending towards new/worse players.Maybe that's just a reflection of the guy that got us all to come here in the first place, but I'm happy it worked out that way.
I agree...I'm obviously a newbie here and have been trying to read some of the older posts to get a feel for this site and the people on it and I like what I'm seeing so far...and it's very hard to read old posts because you people post, like hundreds of new posts everyday...lots of activity and interaction on this site. Seems like there are a lot of great, knowledgible people on this site and I look forward to interacting with you guys....just as soon as I can get through reading some posts!! And it amazes me how over 4 pages of this thread was highjacked by the topic of bubble gum lol.... :club: Ladi
All you really have to prove your worth is the friends you leave behind.

#144 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Smack my bitch up!

• Members
  • 5,528 posts
  • Interests:Poker, what else?
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE esp. Razz

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:41 AM

View PostLadi77, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM, said:

I agree...I'm obviously a newbie here and have been trying to read some of the older posts to get a feel for this site and the people on it and I like what I'm seeing so far...and it's very hard to read old posts because you people post, like hundreds of new posts everyday...lots of activity and interaction on this site. Seems like there are a lot of great, knowledgible people on this site and I look forward to interacting with you guys....just as soon as I can get through reading some posts!! And it amazes me how over 4 pages of this thread was highjacked by the topic of bubble gum lol.... :club: Ladi
Yes, gum is one of the major topics at FCP. Also, you're going to have to decide if you are for or against couches and whether you like red buckets or yellow buckets. There are a few cliques, but we all get along. You've got the Army, the Sickies, the Hideout, and.... there's another group, I don't know what to call it, but it includes members like FWP.Welcome to the site.
Making sure someone dies in the Dead Pool since 1989.

#145 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,882 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:53 AM

I can't believe I missed this thread as it was happening.It's hot.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#146 qyayqi

qyayqi

ketchup is murder.

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:00 AM

probably my favourite gum commercial here.
qyayqi
railing 101 video

crush their dreams like aluminum cans.
then take them in for recycling.
5 cents a dream, man.

#147 Dratj

Dratj

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:09 AM

Seriously, I like reading about guys that play poker for a living on here. e.g. JC, checky, NoSup, loosh etc. obv. DN too.

#148 pele_br

pele_br

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:6 max NL hold'em

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:17 AM

Favourite thing about FCP: New Challenge - Old Challenge thread :club: oh, and threads being hijacked by serious discussion on chewing gum
Too busy to play poker......................... : (

#149 KHSPoker21

KHSPoker21

Grinder Status

• Members
  • 1,931 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE duh!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:30 AM

Honestly how immature can all of you guys be? Just sitting around talkng about gum for 4+ pages...swSeriously im looking longingly at my empty tin can of dubble bubble gum on top of my desk in my dorm. dollar store exclusive obv
http://www.raketherake.com/Members/?Refer=RTR24185

B-L-O-G 1/21/09

Me VT & King on Skype:

VT: My pool record got broken after 3 years /life imo

King: My best event is the downswing

#150 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:11 AM

View PostDogpatch, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 7:41 AM, said:

Yes, gum is one of the major topics at FCP. Also, you're going to have to decide if you are for or against couches and whether you like red buckets or yellow buckets. There are a few cliques, but we all get along. You've got the Army, the Sickies, the Hideout, and.... there's another group, I don't know what to call it, but it includes members like FWP.Welcome to the site.
The couch decision is one of the biggest decisions you will ever have to make. This decision will determine how you are perceived by the entire forum (or at least 6 or 7 people). Choose wisely.For CouchesThread link: Just Got A New CouchThread starter: Suited_UpOriginal intent: To post a picture of his new couch.Thread content: Lots of posts about whether you slept on a couch the prior night, whether you will sleep on a couch the coming night, the relative merits of couch-sleeping, and various pictures of couches.Thread length: 31 pages (at 40 posts per page)Thread parody: Just Got A New Empty GatoradeProminent posters: Suited_Up, fryer98, HangukMiguk, troyomac, Golden, missIdaho, DogpatchAgainst CouchesThread link: PACT (People Against the Couch Thread)Thread starter: The best (and most humble) poster on this site and possibly the world.Original intent: To make fun of the couch threadThread content: An ongoing signed petition, posts speaking out against the couch thread, and satirical posts about FCP in general.Thread length: 10 pages (at 40 posts per page)Unintended consequences: The creation of several Info boy parodies.Prominent posters: JoeyJoJo, PACTinfo2, beans-n-icewater, Canuckickstan, turd ferguson, RodReynolds, Shimmering Wang
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#151 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:25 AM

View Postshinychicken, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 9:31 PM, said:

Thank you for hijacking my thread
Technically, the thread was hijacked when the subject of Ryland's trade value was first brought up. I, in all my wisdom and seeing that your thread was about to turn into a Ryland hate fest, racked my brain for something to bring everyone together in harmony. Big League Chew deserves the rest of the credit.Now you made me feel guilty, sigh. To answer your original question, what I like most about FCP is the posters. I've made multiple good friends (and not just online) from posting on here, and I'm sure that trend will continue. I was originally an RGPer, and although by the time I got there it had already fallen from what it once was, it pretty much was not a nice place (DN could verify this, lul). At first FCP annoyed me because everyone was too nice to an extent, but it obv grew on me.Most importantly, if it wasn't for FCP, then I never would have seen the beautiful image of a pink panther ice cream bar again.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#152 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Smack my bitch up!

• Members
  • 5,528 posts
  • Interests:Poker, what else?
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE esp. Razz

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

Technically, the thread was hijacked when the subject of Ryland's trade value was first brought up. I, in all my wisdom and seeing that your thread was about to turn into a Ryland hate fest, racked my brain for something to bring everyone together in harmony. Big League Chew deserves the rest of the credit.Now you made me feel guilty, sigh. To answer your original question, what I like most about FCP is the posters. I've made multiple good friends (and not just online) from posting on here, and I'm sure that trend will continue. I was originally an RGPer, and although by the time I got there it had already fallen from what it once was, it pretty much was not a nice place (DN could verify this, lul). At first FCP annoyed me because everyone was too nice to an extent, but it obv grew on me.Most importantly, if it wasn't for FCP, then I never would have seen the beautiful image of a pink panther ice cream bar again.
And really, that's what it's all about.
Making sure someone dies in the Dead Pool since 1989.

#153 renaedawn

renaedawn

Country Famous

• Members
  • 36,522 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

View Postpele_br, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM, said:

Favourite thing about FCP: New Challenge - Old Challenge thread :club: oh, and threads being hijacked by serious discussion on chewing gum
I keep seeing this repeated over the last few days and all I can say is - who knew you guys were all such shoe whores?
I keep telling myself I'm moving on
Believing my heart was strong
But every step I take that leads me away
Just circles back to your door

Wishing I didn't love you
What I'd give if I could touch you

Wishing I didn't love you anymore

#154 Miguel McHarris

Miguel McHarris

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

I'd like to know what Mr.Sparco thinks.

#155 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

View PostMiguel McHarris, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 10:12 AM, said:

lol. QFT

#156 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

View PostMiguel McHarris, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM, said:

I'd HOPE he's busy preparing his response for the BK thread. JSH gave him a 4 est deadline...
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#157 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

Posted Image
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#158 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,410 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

View PostMiguel McHarris, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM, said:

I'd like to know about the Mr Sparco inside joke that apparently I am not a part of.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#159 fatman

fatman

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

View PostAAsnake88, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 6:31 PM, said:

Blow in the end, puff of powdered sugar came out.Posted Image
I loved these things.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

#160 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:45 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, September 28th, 2007, 10:35 AM, said:

I'd like to know about the Mr Sparco inside joke that apparently I am not a part of.
PM pele_br for details. :club:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users