2009 Draft Lottery

How does the weighting work again?How likely are the Leafs to get #1?

How likely are the Leafs to get #1?
They have as much chance of getting #1 as they do of playing in this year's playoffs.Can only move up 4 spots max, if I recall.

Correct, you can move up 4 spots.Will the Islanders get Tavares, or will it be another team that will be defunct in two years??

They have as much chance of getting #1 as they do of playing in this year's playoffs.Can only move up 4 spots max, if I recall.
The percentage chance of a team being selected in the Draft Drawing:NY Islanders 25.0%Tampa Bay 18.8%Colorado 14.2%Atlanta 10.7%Los Angeles 8.1%Phoenix 6.2%Toronto 4.7%Dallas 3.6%Ottawa 2.7%Edmonton 2.1%Nashville 1.5%Minnesota 1.1%Buffalo 0.8%Florida 0.5%Teams in the running for 1st overall are bolded. NY Islanders are 25% to win the draft lottery, and 48.2% to stay at #1 overall.
One time lady luck, let us win something..3rd overall is very juicy if we win.
Lady luck is the only way the Leafs win anything.On a side note my son's spring hockey team is wearing Leafs colours and doing the proud. They are off to an 0-4 start.

So Leafs lose Saturday night to Ottawa, or any other meaningless win from this year, and they have a chance at Tavares? No matter how remote, I would have loved to have watched tommorow night hoping Tavares was gonna be playing in TO.Sorry Serge, I know you disagree, but this is the worst case scenario. Other than maybe Phoenix.

Sorry Serge, I know you disagree, but this is the worst case scenario. Other than maybe Phoenix.
Pretty much.But Phoenix does have a great core of young guys that look spectacular, and should be decent with more time etc etc. They really need Mueller to be better next year.
Pretty much.But Phoenix does have a great core of young guys that look spectacular, and should be decent with more time etc etc. They really need Mueller to be better next year.
You know, Im really beginning to have some concerns about Phoenix's youth. I might have expected too much too soon on all of them, but I was really dissapointed in Mueller/Turris/Boedker this year. I expected better from those 3.And now that makes me wonder if Gretzky is the right coach.
You know, Im really beginning to have some concerns about Phoenix's youth. I might have expected too much too soon on all of them, but I was really dissapointed in Mueller/Turris/Boedker this year. I expected better from those 3.And now that makes me wonder if Gretzky is the right coach.
It looks like Wayne is having some influence, but I'm still resigned to the fact that all those guys (and more!) are just learning with each other and growing as a team, so that in and of itself can be tough. I loved their deadline deals. Man, I swear Scotty Upshall looked like a great player as soon as he was brought in, he seemed to fit really well and was an impact player every game.
So Leafs lose Saturday night to Ottawa, or any other meaningless win from this year, and they have a chance at Tavares? No matter how remote, I would have loved to have watched tommorow night hoping Tavares was gonna be playing in TO.Sorry Serge, I know you disagree, but this is the worst case scenario. Other than maybe Phoenix.
Even in that scenario, our chance would be 8%...But I dont particularly disagree.I also believe that Colorado has major attendance issues, Phoenix is close to moving and Atlanta and the Islanders are disaster too..Tavares will be a Leaf..So what if its in 2016-2017 season. We can wait.
Even in that scenario, our chance would be 8%...But I dont particularly disagree.I also believe that Colorado has major attendance issues, Phoenix is close to moving and Atlanta and the Islanders are disaster too..Tavares will be a Leaf..So what if its in 2016-2017 season. We can wait.
Didn't they have like a retardedly long sell out streak snap this year?That's not a major issue. A poor team during a recession... whodathunk the attendance would drop?They're going to rebuild, whether they draft Tavares or not, and attendance will be fine in a couple of years.
Didn't they have like a retardedly long sell out streak snap this year?That's not a major issue. A poor team during a recession... whodathunk the attendance would drop?They're going to rebuild, whether they draft Tavares or not, and attendance will be fine in a couple of years.
I only brought it up because as I was driving the FAN 590 they were talking about attendance numbers. Colorado dropped and they wont have Sakic anymore....
I only brought it up because as I was driving the FAN 590 they were talking about attendance numbers. Colorado dropped and they wont have Sakic anymore....
Call the Leafs season ticket sales office... They have gone from 10,000 people on the list and a ten year wait to less than 2500, and they're telling people they MAY get tickets for next season
Call the Leafs season ticket sales office... They have gone from 10,000 people on the list and a ten year wait to less than 2500, and they're telling people they MAY get tickets for next season
Damn, if I had the money I'd buy them just for the investment and sell the actual tix on Stubhub.