PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Poker-StarsMP3 ($37.60)CO ($12.85)Button ($4.65) 9%/9%/0 over 80 handsSB ($16.20)Hero ($11.50)UTG ($24.65)UTG+1 ($15)MP1 ($26.25) 9%/1%/2 over 150 handsMP2 ($3.20)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aspade.gif, Kheart.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 raises to $1, 3 folds, Button raises to $4.65, 1 fold, Hero folds.Standard? MP1 is super tight, played two sessions and first time I've seen them raise, I'm putting them on JJ+ and since I don't close action here and could get repopped or have to play it OOP for the rest of the hand this seemed like a good fold. I'm just getting used to using PT so wanted to see what the thoughts were on this.

Looks good..you have an EP rock raising after a limper and then another tight player overshoving all in (albeit with a short stack)..You obv. can't flat call here for more than 1/3 of your stack and open up the possibility of either getting reshoved by MP or play OOP for the rest of the hand...Good fold IMO

What you've already invested in the pot is completely irrelevant. It's a sunk cost. It's no longer yours.I agree with trystero here, though. Under normal circumstances, ie a full stack, I'm folding this 100% of the time. What happens if we call? We either miss the flop and c/f, or we flop a pair. If we flop a pair, we're usually only getting action from better hands (AA, KK), and losing action from worse hands that will usually fold (TT-QQ), this is a really really big RIO situation for us, so it's best to just avoid it.However, since we've got a short stack here, we're shoving preflop, or we're folding. There are no RIO, well, there are no implied odds at all. Since we're so short, I'm probably more likely to shove here, but folding isn't a bad option. In this specific case, with both players being so tight/passive (if the numbers in the OP are right), I'm folding. Most of the time, I'm getting AK in as a shortstack.