I think this has been done before but I can't find the thread. I am a solid mathmatics type of guy so limit is the game for me so far. I am improving on making less post-flop errors and increasing profits with solid play and value bets. I do have some discipline problems with laying down the second best hand, but I am getting better at that. I also constantly get my ass kicked at nl. which game offers the better potential winning rate based on small stakes play. Something like 2/4 limit and .25/.5 nl appear to be similar levels??? so should i focus on improving my nl play to increase profits, or should i keep grinding out at the limit tables and try to consistantly improve my win rate and move up the levels?

not this ragged debate again. this has been done 50 million times already. if limit works best for you, do that, if NL works best for you, do that

kdawg, his question was specific and it wasn't asking the nl vs limit that has come up several times here...as far as win rate goes, if the blinds are the same the win rate is a whole lot higher in NL - and the variance is a lot higher as well (thus you need about 4x the bankroll to play the same blind-size in nl as limit).imo, people who aren't sure yet should stick to limit and try to get some nl experience from sng's or something. nl cash games and nl tourney style are different, but you can still pick up on some of the differences between nl and limit by doing that.if you're wanting to compare what stakes limit compares to what stakes no-limit, just look at the average pot size for the various stakes and compare that wayover at UB right now, two full 1/2limit tables are avg pot size of $11 and $13. two 1/2nl pot avg 85 and 63. (you'll want a far bigger sample to make a determination)also, i'm not really sure why you'd be asking this question. your personal win rate is going to be the best in whichever game you are the best at... i'd find that out first before picking a game based solely on other people's win rates and average pot sizes

I think this has been done before but I can't find the thread. I am a solid mathmatics type of guy so limit is the game for me so far. I am improving on making less post-flop errors and increasing profits with solid play and value bets. I do have some discipline problems with laying down the second best hand, but I am getting better at that. I also constantly get my ass kicked at nl. which game offers the better potential winning rate based on small stakes play. Something like 2/4 limit and .25/.5 nl appear to be similar levels??? so should i focus on improving my nl play to increase profits, or should i keep grinding out at the limit tables and try to consistantly improve my win rate and move up the levels?
go NL. You will be endlessly frustrated trying to play 2-4 and ALWAYS winning. It may be possible with NL, but in limit, you will have a losing session here and there.If you decide to go low limit, understand, it is very hard to have a winning session every time you play. The main thing is, dont be discouraged, dont play marginal hands and if its your lucky day, try to cash in as much as possible.I think, from all the posts Ive read concerning frustrated low limit players, it seems when they're having a bad session(s), they cant stop playing. IF YOU"RE LOSING, take it easy for awhile.
go NL. You will be endlessly frustrated trying to play 2-4 and ALWAYS winning. It may be possible with NL, but in limit, you will have a losing session here and there.If you decide to go low limit, understand, it is very hard to have a winning session every time you play. The main thing is, dont be discouraged, dont play marginal hands and if its your lucky day, try to cash in as much as possible.I think, from all the posts Ive read concerning frustrated low limit players, it seems when they're having a bad session(s), they cant stop playing. IF YOU"RE LOSING, take it easy for awhile.
shutup, im taking the rest of the week off.