State I will never visit: ArizonaWhy? Because I have a Hispanic child, and I don't feel like having racist Gestapo agents stopping us and demanding identification every time I step out in public.And 70% of you people support this? WTF is in your drinking water?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State I will never visit: ArizonaWhy? Because I have a Hispanic child, and I don't feel like having racist Gestapo agents stopping us and demanding identification every time I step out in public.And 70% of you people support this? WTF is in your drinking water?
I've heard this was already legal within 100 miles of any international border. Can't cite it due to laziness.

And for everyone who was wondering how the Republicans were going to blow the next several elections at a time when they should be able to elect dead people, I think they found the issue. Say goodbye to the Hispanic vote and most other minority voters.

And for everyone who was wondering how the Republicans were going to blow the next several elections at a time when they should be able to elect dead people, I think they found the issue. Say goodbye to the Hispanic vote and most other minority voters.
I have maintained all along they would find a way.
What do you think would happen to you if you were in any other Country on the planet and you got stopped by the Police and didn't have your Passport on you?
In Canada nothing.Our police never stop people randomly and ask for ID. In order for the police to ask for ID they have to have a valid reason and because they're curious to know who you are isn't a valid reason.Of course here in Toronto it's already 2050 and there are more non-White people in this city than there are White people so maybe I need to make sure I keep my ID on me at all times.
What do you think would happen to you if you were in any other Country on the planet and you got stopped by the Police and didn't have your Passport on you?
depends on your race and where you are...

In Obamaland: Proof of Health Insurance Mandatory..... Proof of Citizenship Optional“If the president doesn’t like what the Arizona Legislature and governor may be doing, then I call on the president to immediately call for the dispatch of 3,000 National Guard troops to our border and mandate that 3,000 additional Border Patrol [officers] be sent to our border as well,” McCain said at a news conference Friday in downtown Phoenix, according to a report in the Arizona Republic.“And that way, then the state of Arizona will not have to enact legislation which they have to do because of the federal government’s failure to carry out its responsibilities, which is to secure the borders.”

In Obamaland: Proof of Health Insurance Mandatory..... Proof of Citizenship Optional
No, it's not "in Obamaland". It's in "Free America" where the idea that we empower some mustachioed community college retard to randomly pull pepople over and demand 'papers' is contrary to what we're supposed to believe in.I mean, don't get me wrong: I live in Chicago and there are more beaners here than in Guadala-fucking-jara and even though I find their younger women to be very attractive and I'm convinced that Mexican food is the greatest food ever conceived, that doesn't mean I want to empower the government to detain *ANYONE* for generally capricious reasons (even though you can safely assume that any Hispanic male between the ages of 13-25 is pretty much always going to be up to no good) .

Again, the law does not authorize unlawful stops, but only permits verification of immigration status once a lawful stop has been made11-1051 B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state of a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation..

in free america we have to buy insurance or pay a penalty?
You know when leftists propose that the government spend $11,000,000,000,000 to fund a rainbow-shitting rocketship powered by fairy dust and love, and some people rise up and say "Uh, maybe that's not such a good thing to be spending money on..." and they immediately say "WELL IT'S BETTER THAN SPENDING IT ON IRAQ!!!!!!!!!"You know how they do that?And how retarded that is?Because that's basically what you just did, right there.

not even close... you are talking about being free... and we aren't mustachioed community college retards are not allowed to randomly pull people over and demand 'papers

LOL at the overreaction to this law.You have to have committed a crime FIRST. Until now officers could not ask the additional question of legal status. And it IS a big enough problem here that I am glad they now CAN ask if they WANT to ask...they are NOT REQUIRED TO ASK NOR CAN THEY STOP ANYONE TO ONLY ASK THAT QUESTION. The overreaction so far has been mostly from the left and completely absurd. This is not a green light to round anyone up for no reason at all.The illegal problem is GIGANTIC here is AZ (as I am sure it is elsewhere) but what spurred this was the FEDERAL governments inaction on this issue. Obama himself admitted this when he said " the Federal governments failure to act on immigration reform will likely only lead to more of these types of misguided State laws".Well...there it is then. GET OFF YOU ASS WASHINGTON!And besides...illegal means illegal. as in, law breaking. If I just ran into Mexico, or Canada or France, etc. and tried to set up shop i'd be in for some deep shit and would most likely be shown the door post haste. The other thing that broke the camels back here in Arizona was the murder of a cattle rancher recently by an illegal. The drug war and human smuggling problem are very real and VERY expensive here. The law was meant to send a strong message more than anything else.I am sure this bill will end up in court and never implemented without some sort of revision, but I am glad that Arizona had decided to take one for the team and get Washington off their ass once and for all and maybe start to do something about this problem?And for the record my 100% Mexican wife and her 100% Mexican family support this bill. I hope cooler heads prevail and this thing calms down.(really cute kids Sean)

I don't understand what all the bitching and crying is about. If you're legal you have nothing to worry about, our police (I live in az) have the right to ask for your i.d. no matter who you are for any reason, we are required to carry i.d. no matter how white/brown/black we are, so is this really that different. Also, anyone who lives in Az knows that there is a serious problem with illegal immigration. You would also know that anywhere you go in Az there are Hispanic people, and that it's fairly easy to tell the diference between illegals and the rest of the Hispanic population here, so thinking that they are just gunna run around stopping every single mexican they see is utterly ridiculous. And fwiw I hate sheriff joe.

It should not be America's goal to start acting like all those third world countries where police have unlimited powers. Our goal should be to be a beacon of human rights and freedom.
Again, the law does not authorize unlawful stops, but only permits verification of immigration status once a lawful stop has been made11-1051 B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state of a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation..
Your quote of the law contradicts your description. "Any lawful contact" does not mean an arrest or stop for other reasons. It means "walking down the street and don't like the way that spic looked at me". Anyone who claims otherwise is either really poor at reading comprehension or hiding their true motivation.
not even close... you are talking about being free... and we aren't mustachioed community college retards are not allowed to randomly pull people over and demand 'papers
Sure they aren't. unless they are just total pricks and unless their supervisor is a prick who happens to look the other way.... but that never happens in law enforcement. Cops are always honest and fair and non-racist.
You have to have committed a crime FIRST.
That's not what any of the news stories said, and that is not what the section of law posted above says.
And besides...illegal means illegal. as in, law breaking. If I just ran into Mexico, or Canada or France, etc. and tried to set up shop i'd be in for some deep shit and would most likely be shown the door post haste.
Step 1. Make honest, voluntary behavior illegal.Step 2. Use that law as proof that you need that law.Step 3. Ignore your conscience.
The other thing that broke the camels back here in Arizona was the murder of a cattle rancher recently by an illegal. The drug war and human smuggling problem are very real and VERY expensive here. The law was meant to send a strong message more than anything else.
Now you are confusing the negative effects of the Insane War on Drugs with the actions of harmless honest people trying to feed their family. You can't use other really horrible laws as justification for even more horrible laws.
And for the record my 100% Mexican wife and her 100% Mexican family support this bill. I hope cooler heads prevail and this thing calms down.
They support it until they get stopped on some made up charge and held for hours while you dig up their birth certificates and six other forms of ID while redneck sheriff anally probes them.
note to self : never enter this part of the forum again
Because open discussion of pressing issues is a bad thing?
Because open discussion of pressing issues is a bad thing?
never said it was a bad thing.I'm just excluding myself from this open discussion. I find it futile to discuss politics. Opposing views will rarely change their minds over an issue.
It should not be America's goal to start acting like all those third world countries where police have unlimited powers. Our goal should be to be a beacon of human rights and freedom.
"Third World"? Go to London. Look at the wrong cop in the wrong way - or commit some minor infraction. Speak with a Non-British accent. Don't have your passport. Have fun.
In Canada nothing.
Like hell.Sorry Bob. Canada isn't the last bastion of personal liberties and open minds in North America as you always try to portray it. Especially when you get outside of Toronto. We've had this discussion before and I've given statistics that demonstrate that Canada in general is remarkably homogeneous - again, especially so when you leave Toronto. Even in Toronto, if for whatever reason I am stopped by the wrong cop on the wrong day and I don't have my Passport, I'm in trouble. These are the same people who fine you $400 for not using the hand-rail on an escalator or trample an American Flag commemorating 911 while celebrating a Hockey win. I love Canada. Really. You're quaint. But don't act like you're some open-armed golden street paved paradise for outsiders. I've tried to work there. I know the restrictions and barriers to entry - all in the name of protection.

HB,For any lawful contact to be made, a lawful stop has to be made first.The African American Community has complained of being pulled over for DWB - driving while black... But that doesn't mean we stop enforcing the traffic laws does it?We try to educate officers about these issues and discipline officers who don't who don't adhere to them.Can the law be abused - sure, but so could ANY lawWhat is you solution to the issue?