request for thoughts/prayers

My girlfriend has been in remission for leukemia since her bone marrow transplant 6 years ago, but yesterday had an unclean blood smear. They did 2 very painful marrow aspirations and the results from the biopsy of those samples are due back late next week. There are several outcomes that are possible, and would appreciate any thoughts/prayers from this community that the best possible outcome would be the result. Thanks sincerely-

I will send my thoughts out to you. I was a lurker until I read this post. Funny I registered to reply to a non poker post. My son has a disease called autoimmuno thrombocytopenia purpura. The symptoms when present are very similar to leukemnia and when they first appeared he was 11 months old. Because the symptoms are so similar the hospital had to do a spinal tap on him to determine whether it was leukemia or not. Although it was not a problem with his Bone Marrow it was his Blood platelettes. Thankfully his symptoms have not returned since but it is an incurable disease. It just may never recur. I also lost my mother to several strokes ironically resulting from treatment for brain tumors. Anyway I know the agony that can go on inside with these types of things so I am sending a well wish to you and your GF. Stay positive it always helps. Good luck to you both.Master Felter

My girlfriend has been in remission for leukemia since her bone marrow transplant 6 years ago, but yesterday had an unclean blood smear. They did 2 very painful marrow aspirations and the results from the biopsy of those samples are due back late next week. There are several outcomes that are possible, and would appreciate any thoughts/prayers from this community that the best possible outcome would be the result. Thanks sincerely-
Wow my sincerest thoughts and prayers. I beat Cancer about 17 years ago so I understand what you and her are going through.I wish you the best. Hang in there!
I don't pray b/c I'm not religious. I have and will have a good thought for her everytime I see this thread though. Best of luck.
As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, Ron's quote matches my sentiments perfectly. What is this forum coming to?Seriously though, I hope everything works out for the best. I know what you're dealing with, as my wife found out a couple years back that she had a baseball sized tumor in her liver. The biopsy took 2 weeks to come back. Thank god it was not cancer. Talk about the most stressful time you can possibly imagine.I feel for you and her, really I do!
I don't pray b/c I'm not religious. I have and will have a good thought for her everytime I see this thread though. Best of luck.
As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, Ron's quote matches my sentiments perfectly. What is this forum coming to?Seriously though, I hope everything works out for the best. I know what you're dealing with, as my wife found out a couple years back that she had a baseball sized tumor in her liver. The biopsy took 2 weeks to come back. Thank god it was not cancer. Talk about the most stressful time you can possibly imagine.I feel for you and her, really I do!
Well, I often do agree with Ron Mexico, and this is yet another time. Please remember that people care and and are thinking of you.

Not to hijack or anything, but I am actually a caring and sensitive, well thought out, articulate person. I just love being sarcastic. Scanner, I know you were kidding. Kind of. Good stuff. Another good thought for the OP.

There is no God.Good luck, though.
Smash and I usually don't cross posts, but I tend to agree with him. Although, my phrasing would be, "I choose not to believe in God"
Not to hijack or anything, but I am actually a caring and sensitive, well thought out, articulate person. I just love being sarcastic. Scanner, I know you were kidding. Kind of. Good stuff.
Ron, I was just kidding as I know you do your "work" in fun. And I often do get a kick out of it. I was just trying to make a little joke to brighten his day. I know it's things like that that can help when you think everything is at it's all time low. Humor is powerful, and that's why I think so many people here appreciate yours, well, at least the childish of us in the bunch (me included). :club:
Not to hijack or anything, but I am actually a caring and sensitive, well thought out, articulate person. I just love being sarcastic. Scanner, I know you were kidding. Good stuff.
Ron, I was just kidding as I know you do your "work" in fun. And I often do get a kick out of it. I was just trying to make a little joke to brighten his day. I know it's things like that that can help when you think everything is at it's all time low. Humor is powerful, and that's why I think so many people here appreciate yours, well, at least the childish of us in the bunch (me included). :club:
I know my man. I was goofing around. Another good thought.
what has this forum come to? This forum is a place for poker and other... It is a forum that is made by Daniel who most certainly would not have any issue with asking for prayers... So if this is something you dont wanna deal with..go to 2+2 or rec...they are far less open to askin for prayer. Otherwise realize that DN is a christian and many others here are too

Please, let's not turn this into a religion/existence of god debate. Let's just drop that whole angle now.PocketBoat and Master Felter,Best of luck to both of you and your loved ones. There's not much else to say, but I really do wish you the best.-Matt

what has this forum come to? This forum is a place for poker and other... It is a forum that is made by Daniel who most certainly would not have any issue with asking for prayers... So if this is something you dont wanna deal with..go to 2+2 or rec...they are far less open to askin for prayer. Otherwise realize that DN is a christian and many others here are too
Take it easy buddy, I wasn't saying anything negative about this thread. It was a joke related to me agreeing with Ron Mexico on a serious issue. I understand you misinterpreted my meaning, so no harm done.