brag post. (no content)

After not playing any form of poker for 2 weeks, I finally got my internet hooked up in my new apartment 4 nights ago and while strictly playing (2-tabling) Party's $25NL 6-max tables, for 1800 hands, I'm up $267.Yes. I like poker.First night +$87 after 300 handsSecond night +$42 after 200 handsThird night +$42 after 200 handsFourth night +$41 after 800 handsSo far today this morning +$55 after 300 hands.That is around 60 big blinds/100 or 30 PTBB/100.I'm crushing it at 3-times the "reccommended crushing rate". :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) I guess I'll be forced to move up to 50 NL soon (I've got over 16 buy-ins for 50 nl but am waiting for 20), but it will suck to leave 25. I love these guys. :cry:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1800 hands is nothing to scoff at.Especially considering it was spread out among 4 dates.Not like I played 1800 straight on a super-soft table.I'm just really polishing my skills at this level (not like it requires much).If anyone is interested in some of the nuances I've learned, PM me. I'm no pro, but if you play Party 25 NL, I can trade info. with you. Shortly, I'll be at 50NL.BTW, this is without Poker Tracker.

1800 hands is nothing to scoff at.Especially considering it was spread out among 4 dates.Not like I played 1800 straight on a super-soft table.I'm just really polishing my skills at this level (not like it requires much).If anyone is interested in some of the nuances I've learned, PM me. I'm no pro, but if you play Party 25 NL, I can trade info. with you. Shortly, I'll be at 50NL.BTW, this is without Poker Tracker.
BTW, you are my hero.
BTW, you are my hero.
how much do you charge to attend your poker camps?i have about 55 how many hours will that get medrop me a pm
nuances...why don't you post some of these in strategy for all of us to peruse and learn from
BTW, you are my hero.
how much do you charge to attend your poker camps?i have about 55 how many hours will that get medrop me a pm
Patrick,Is your witty reply directed at me or the OP? Because you include both quotes and I get confused. If you were asking me I'll gladly send you the info via PM.CCR
BTW, you are my hero.
Patrick,Is your witty reply directed at me or the OP? Because you include both quotes and I get confused. If you were asking me I'll gladly send you the info via PM.CCR
i was talking to the op, sorry to confuse and the bold part i really hope you were joking dude
nuances...why don't you post some of these in strategy for all of us to peruse and learn from
Basically I stay away from hands in which I may be dominated. Paying off AA or KK with big slick sucks. Don't lose a whole buy-in like this.I don't bluff unless i'm very certain that he won't call. This is obvious but I don't sit down going "OK... when am I gonna bluff someone...". The time should hit you when it's safe to bluff. Don't go out of your way to do so.If you're in a 3-way pot and the flop comes AXX, and you hit nothing, and it checks around... BET THE TURN. Bet it as if you have an ace and want a call. Like a 2/3 pot-sized bet. It's comical how much this works. I focus on throwing in the perfect "value bet" on the river with the winning hand. I used to bet too much or too little. Betting correctly on the river can make you a lot more money.If I've been winning several pots recently, I'll make sure I show my good hands when they fold before the showdown. This way they think, "Oh, so he is just getting good hands. He's not a schemer."Don't "Race" for big pots. Sure, it's a cash game and if you're 51 to 49 to win you "should" call. But I don't. If the pot is $4 and the bettor bets $25 all-in and I deem myself to be a 51% favorite, I'll likely fold. It's just not worth gambling for, in my opinion. I basically NEVER "gamble" at this level.* And stomaching a d.0uchebag sucking out on me for a whole buy-in would probably throw me off my game anyway. *Note: A lot of these strategies will not work at higher levels, obviously.Always put your opponent on a hand range. It's good practice. I also guess their hand in the chat box whenever I can. Be more likely to win/steal $2 pots with nothing than to get involved in big pots where you have a "slight" edge. I'd rather steal 10 $2 pots than race for a $20 pot. Especially since it's the internet and you can see like 85 hands/table-hour. This monster pots make your profit, but the small ones "pay the bills".In a 3-way pot I tend to bet the flop the exact same way whether I hit my AK or not. Bet as if you hit it, weed out the third guy, and then when the turn brings your A or K, you've probably got the best hand, and you'll probably get paid off by the dude who flopped top pair. Also, they may both fold on the flop if it's low junk. I believe TJ says dont bet the flop if you missed and Harrington said bet the flop... I tend to play it identically.Know when to slowplay. Sometimes it IS Ok to slowplay. Know when. Sometimes you want your opponent to improve. Example: The other night I have Q6d. I'm heads up against a guy who's slowly gone from $90 to like $40 in 2 hours. Flop comes three diamonds. I check/ he checks. Turn is an As. I check, he bets a dollar. I call. River a 6c. (no pairs on board). I value bet $2 thinking he'll call with his naked ace. He bumps it to $15. Yes. $15. I insta-call before I can talk myself out of it and he shows Aces and 6's. He got pissed that I slowplayed and I said "yeah, imagine slowplaying a flopped flush heads-up against a guy who's slowly siphened off $50." He actually laughed. :-) Don't over-play hands like JJ, QQ, or KK pre-flop. I can't count how many times I've seen KK busted out by AA. Remember, if you have a pocket pair, the likelihood INCREASES that someone else does, too. Example: Other night dude raises to $1, I have AA and re-raise to $3, he re-raises to $7, and I push all in for $25. He INSTACALLS! I hold up and he types: "PHUK!"I say "Hard to believe a raise, re-raise, re-raise, and re-raise all-in would signify aces." His reply: "Jacks are SOLID. What was I supposed to do!?"Uhhhh, just call my $3 raise and hope to fill out your set??? NAHHH!There are a ton more but I really can't think of them until I'm playing.Oh, and FWIW, I always look for tables with an average pot of around $7. This is pretty medium.I'll post more if I think of 'em.
BTW, you are my hero.
i was talking to the op, sorry to confuse and the bold part i really hope you were joking dude
Of course it was a joke. I'll use one of these next time :wink: . Patrick, this next part is totally unrelated to the thread, but do you play many $5 SNGs on Full Tilt? I was about to register for one yesterday, saw you were registered (you play as patric5, yes?), but then you left. It would be fun to play against you in some of these.
Patrick, this next part is totally unrelated to the thread, but do you play many $5 SNGs on Full Tilt? I was about to register for one yesterday, saw you were registered (you play as patric5, yes?), but then you left. It would be fun to play against you in some of these.
Please, no hi-jacking of my brag post allowed. :-)
Basically I stay away from hands in which I may be dominated. Paying off AA or KK with big slick sucks. Don't lose a whole buy-in like this.I don't bluff unless i'm very certain that he won't call. This is obvious but I don't sit down going "OK... when am I gonna bluff someone...". The time should hit you when it's safe to bluff. Don't go out of your way to do so.If you're in a 3-way pot and the flop comes AXX, and you hit nothing, and it checks around... BET THE TURN. Bet it as if you have an ace and want a call. Like a 2/3 pot-sized bet. It's comical how much this works. I focus on throwing in the perfect "value bet" on the river with the winning hand. I used to bet too much or too little. Betting correctly on the river can make you a lot more money.If I've been winning several pots recently, I'll make sure I show my good hands when they fold before the showdown. This way they think, "Oh, so he is just getting good hands. He's not a schemer."Don't "Race" for big pots. Sure, it's a cash game and if you're 51 to 49 to win you "should" call. But I don't. If the pot is $4 and the bettor bets $25 all-in and I deem myself to be a 51% favorite, I'll likely fold. It's just not worth gambling for, in my opinion. I basically NEVER "gamble" at this level.* And stomaching a d.0uchebag sucking out on me for a whole buy-in would probably throw me off my game anyway. *Note: A lot of these strategies will not work at higher levels, obviously.Always put your opponent on a hand range. It's good practice. I also guess their hand in the chat box whenever I can. Be more likely to win/steal $2 pots with nothing than to get involved in big pots where you have a "slight" edge. I'd rather steal 10 $2 pots than race for a $20 pot. Especially since it's the internet and you can see like 85 hands/table-hour. This monster pots make your profit, but the small ones "pay the bills".In a 3-way pot I tend to bet the flop the exact same way whether I hit my AK or not. Bet as if you hit it, weed out the third guy, and then when the turn brings your A or K, you've probably got the best hand, and you'll probably get paid off by the dude who flopped top pair. Also, they may both fold on the flop if it's low junk. I believe TJ says dont bet the flop if you missed and Harrington said bet the flop... I tend to play it identically.Know when to slowplay. Sometimes it IS Ok to slowplay. Know when. Sometimes you want your opponent to improve. Example: The other night I have Q6d. I'm heads up against a guy who's slowly gone from $90 to like $40 in 2 hours. Flop comes three diamonds. I check/ he checks. Turn is an As. I check, he bets a dollar. I call. River a 6c. (no pairs on board). I value bet $2 thinking he'll call with his naked ace. He bumps it to $15. Yes. $15. I insta-call before I can talk myself out of it and he shows Aces and 6's. He got censored that I slowplayed and I said "yeah, imagine slowplaying a flopped flush heads-up against a guy who's slowly siphened off $50." He actually laughed. :-) Don't over-play hands like JJ, QQ, or KK pre-flop. I can't count how many times I've seen KK busted out by AA. Remember, if you have a pocket pair, the likelihood INCREASES that someone else does, too. Example: Other night dude raises to $1, I have AA and re-raise to $3, he re-raises to $7, and I push all in for $25. He INSTACALLS! I hold up and he types: "PHUK!"I say "Hard to believe a raise, re-raise, re-raise, and re-raise all-in would signify aces." His reply: "Jacks are SOLID. What was I supposed to do!?"Uhhhh, just call my $3 raise and hope to fill out your set??? NAHHH!There are a ton more but I really can't think of them until I'm playing.Oh, and FWIW, I always look for tables with an average pot of around $7. This is pretty medium.I'll post more if I think of 'em.
I never have to read another poker book again.
Yeah, this is probably just a positive swing. Like the above poster said, 1800 hands is very little. Check in with us at 18000.
It really doesn't matter does it?If I come back after 18K hands and I'm way up, some clown will say "Check in after 18M hands."Just take it for what it's worth..
Yeah, this is probably just a positive swing. Like the above poster said, 1800 hands is very little. Check in with us at 18000.
It really doesn't matter does it?.
Yes, it matters.Little thing called variance.You'll see.
BTW, you are my hero.
Of course it was a joke. I'll use one of these next time :wink: . Patrick, this next part is totally unrelated to the thread, but do you play many $5 SNGs on Full Tilt? I was about to register for one yesterday, saw you were registered (you play as patric5, yes?), but then you left. It would be fun to play against you in some of these.
definetly man i only have 55 on fulltilt so just 5's for nowi actually talked layne flack into playing one with me so next time hes on ill go hit him up post it in fcp to let you know to register im up for 5 sng now ill just keep an eye out to get in the same one lemme know

One time at Party 3/6, I made $140 in 1 hour! And then the next day, I did it again! And this is off a $60 bankroll!Of course, mine was probably variance, whereas your amazing winrate was entirely about your skill.

One time at Party 3/6, I made $140 in 1 hour! And then the next day, I did it again! And this is off a $60 bankroll!Of course, mine was probably variance, whereas your amazing winrate was entirely about your skill.
Yes. Finally someone gets it.