What Is Your Name Worth?

I noticed that the big DN never seemed to be around this site or the poker room when I signed on last year. His tips, except for the reruns of his CardPlayer column are all old as are his question of the day. Questions are always answered by members but never Daniel. I wrote customer service several times and got run around answeres. Finally I asked them directly if he had just sold FCP his name and reprint rights to stuff he writes for other markets, but isn't really involved in the site at all. I never received another response from them. I emailed several times, and know they went through, but have never heard another word from them. That was 8 weeks ago. Looks like that's my answer. It seems that DN has about as much to do with FCP as tony the tiger has with making your breakfast every morning. Would have ben cool if it was real though.

He posts in the forums quite frequently actually, although i have no idea what commercial arrangements he has for this site, he id defintaly still active around here.

I noticed that the big DN never seemed to be around this site or the poker room when I signed on last year. His tips, except for the reruns of his CardPlayer column are all old as are his question of the day. Questions are always answered by members but never Daniel. I wrote customer service several times and got run around answeres. Finally I asked them directly if he had just sold FCP his name and reprint rights to stuff he writes for other markets, but isn't really involved in the site at all. I never received another response from them. I emailed several times, and know they went through, but have never heard another word from them. That was 8 weeks ago. Looks like that's my answer. It seems that DN has about as much to do with FCP as tony the tiger has with making your breakfast every morning. Would have ben cool if it was real though.
erm, what are you talking about exactly ?
I noticed that the big DN never seemed to be around this site...blahblah....
Now me, I think DN should post much less often, and not get involved with mooks here considering the high degree of personality disorder that abounds in message board culture. He most assuredly should not ever defend himself, as that is done quite adequately by those who KNOW HOW TO READ AND TAKE THE TIME TO DO SO. But - this brings up an interesting point, that perhaps the young players may note. I think it doesn't occur to Daniel that a lot of these negative posts are just meant to get a rise, that the TROLLS are out in force, especially when a celebrity shows his "face" online (love the bald-headed icon, DN!) and that such folks don't care about any truth or facts, but only getting lotsa responses. Why doesn't this occur to him? Because he's an amazingly nice guy? Probably. But I wonder if there is a certain "ivory tower" effect to becoming a pro poker player at such a young age and not being exposed to a great deal of variety in life. I wonder if it keeps a person somewhat naive? Which has a certain charm, but makes the rich celebrity guy kind of vulnerable. Or perhaps it's just my protect the young instinct coming out when I see a nice kid the same age as my daughter taking as much heat as he does just for being good at what he loves. He doesn't owe anyone here one thing, including a post.

DN is in here all the time. The poker room has hit a major speed bump but not the forum. As for the relationship with FCP poker, it is my belief that it is more personal rather than business. I would think that anyone who had a major holding in an internet gaming site that resided in the United States would be playing poker for cigarettes in the Fed Penn. Go check out Fossilman's site, he hasn't done anything with it since 2005. Last year, I was playing FCP everynight and the major reason I preferred that room was because of customer service. Bob rocks!! You didn't have to email or call, he was always monitoring the chat area. If you had a question or comment, he was immediately there with an answer. Oh, and aside from his blog, his post to answer your comment was post #3,830

lol I've seen people saying to send Daniel pottery several times, but never really understood why. Would someone care to explain?
I new guy posted his first post saying he made some really nice pottery and wanted to send it to DN, Of course everyone acted like normal and it became a legend.The funny thing is that the guy turned out to be a good dude that has been pretty stand up about the whole thing. His screen name is Tantlar.
I new guy posted his first post saying he made some really nice pottery and wanted to send it to DN, Of course everyone acted like normal and it became a legend.The funny thing is that the guy turned out to be a good dude that has been pretty stand up about the whole thing. His screen name is Tantlar.
lol everyone acted like normal, it all makes sense nowI wonder if Daniel ever actually recieved any pottery? :club: