sorry guys, the converter hates me I think...I've cleaned it up as best I can though.Early in my session I pick up Pocket Kings in middleposition...what do you do on the flop?Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (real money), #1,135,944,672 Table Izmir, 4 Aug 2005 4:14 AM ET PRE-FLOP2 folds, Villain 1 ($193) bets $8, Villain 2 ($178) calls $8, MP calls $8, Hero ($280) (K :D K :club: ) calls $8, 2 folds, SB calls $7, BB folds.FLOP 7 :D ,8 :D ,Q :) (pot $42)SB checks, V1 bets $26, V2 calls $26, MPfolds, hero.... EDIT---now with chipstack sizes...lol

sorry guys, the converter hates me I think...I've cleaned it up as best I can though.Early in my session I pick up Pocket Kings in middleposition...what do you do on the flop?Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (real money),  #1,135,944,672  Table Izmir, 4 Aug 2005 4:14 AM ET      PRE-FLOP2 folds, Villain 1 bets $8, Villain 2 calls $8, MP calls $8,  Hero (K :D  K :club: ) calls $8, 2 folds, SB calls $7, BB folds.FLOP  7 :D ,8 :D ,Q :)   (pot $42)SB checks, V1 bets $26, V2 calls $26, MPfolds, hero....      
hero...realises that he forgot to post stack sizes and reads.also kicks himself for not reraising preflop

We need stack sizes, but you need a decent sized raise right here, I doubt your stack would be deep enough to make a big enough raise without committing you to the pot so I would probably say all in, without having the sizes of everyones stack. RE RAISE PREFLOP

you really don't want so many going to the flop with you. Why didn't you reraise the flop?? a significant amount too. Well since you didn't reraise before the flop then you need to make a big bet here on the flop ( shut the flush out get it down heads up ).. i might even move in.

you really don't want so many going to the flop with you. Why didn't you reraise the flop?? a significant amount too. Well since you didn't reraise before the flop then you need to make a big bet here on the flop ( shut the flush out get it down heads up ).. i might even move in.

Without a nice big PF reraise it's pretty hard to figure what I'd do on the flop.But, IMHO, if you are going to bet this flop, you have to overbet and make the draws pay. I think the only way to realistically accomplish this, and fully employ your fold equity would be to push. Unless they've got a set, they'd be making a mistake to call.Although this would be much easier if you had the redraw to the King of hearts, I think a push is still probably the appropriate play. I can't see folding an overpair to the board.... especially since the aggression could be coming from A-Q, and the call could be coming from a draw. You are ahead very often here, and should push out the draws.

All in preflop? Are you guys serious?? Is anyone around here afraid to play poker anymore? It goes raised to $8, called twice, and people are suggesting to bet $280?? Raise it big preflop, like 50-70.

All in preflop? Are you guys serious?? Is anyone around here afraid to play poker anymore? It goes raised to $8, called twice, and people are suggesting to bet $280??  Raise it big preflop, like 50-70.
there's $31 in the pot before hero even gets his chance to act, that's 15bb's, I'll push in evertime here.
All in preflop? Are you guys serious?? Is anyone around here afraid to play poker anymore? It goes raised to $8, called twice, and people are suggesting to bet $280??  Raise it big preflop, like 50-70.
there's $31 in the pot before hero even gets his chance to act, that's 15bb's, I'll push in evertime here.
You want calls here by AQ, AJ, TT. You're losing money by making such a huge overbet.
You want calls here by AQ, AJ, TT. You're losing money by making such a huge overbet.
No. You want as much money in the pot as possible and as few opponents as possible. Push.
No. You want as much money in the pot as possible and as few opponents as possible. Push.
You're losing a lot of money if you make plays like this every time. like they say it's about $ not pots. But I mean, if you like losing money continue with the massive overbets.
alright, raise to $40 have everyone of them call you and tell me what types of flops you'd like to see and tell me what you do on the flop if there's a 3/4 pot sized bet with a pot sized raise with the bet coming from a passive player and the raise coming from a tricky lag
You're losing a lot of money if you make plays like this every time. like they say it's about $ not pots. But I mean, if you like losing money continue with the massive overbets.
I'll make plays like this at small stakes games all the time, in higher stakes games I'll pot it before the flop
alright, raise to $40 have everyone of them call you and tell me what types of flops you'd like to see and tell me what you do on the flop if there's a 3/4 pot sized bet with a pot sized raise with the bet coming from a passive player and the raise coming from a tricky lag
Well I would make it about 50 and if they all call theres $200 in the pot where I am ahead just about everytime going to the flop. They aren't correct in calling that much money, so we make money off of their mistakes. You can't play scared or else you'll end up losing A LOT of money. "He could flop a flush draw" "He could flop top pair and get lucky on me" Build a big pot with the best hand, this isn't a tournament.

You're losing a lot of money if you make plays like this every time. like they say it's about $ not pots. But I mean, if you like losing money continue with the massive overbets.How much money do you think you lose when you get outplayed post-flop by the guy holding JJ when the flop comes Axx? You get called often enough here to make it undebatably the right play. If you think you need to "play poker" you're deluding yourself into thinking you're a better player than you are. Smash has made this argument 9000 times in this forum.