This is a Poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bastard

1/ 20k hands minimum. Preferably 30k.2/ If I'm playing bad or tilting, leave the tables regardless of how good the games are.Nothing specific monetarywise, but I want to be:3/ Very comfortably rolled for $100pl by the middle of the month.4/ Well on the way to $200pl by the end of the month.It's ambitious, but I want to have a real drive for success.
Taking tomorrow into account, probably about 10k hands of NL and 7.5k hands of PLO. I got close.Unfortunately, I dropped 14 buyins in 1400 hands one day at PLO early in the month running about as bad as it's possible to run, and I actually quit PLO for the month in nearly a 20 buyin hole. I obviously was playing poorly for some of it, but try to spot where it all went horribly wrong:lollerskatesuz3.jpgSo, that, mixed in with a ton of coolers, is why I started playing NL again after 4 or 5 days off (random night out in Manchester turned into random long weekend).I played the FT million, and in the last ~275 with a top 60 stack, http://www.pokerhand.org/?1970430 happened, followed exactly 1 orbit later by http://www.pokerhand.org/?1970462So, I started playing 50nl and after a reasonable start I had an 8 buyin drop in allin luck which again, just pissed me off and put me pretty much right back to square 1 with NL. Since then I've fought back a bit.Overall with rakeback, bonuses and tournaments, it's likely to be a breakeven month, which I'm kinda relieved about given the start.====================================================================February:Going to be on holiday from the 3rd to the 17th, so it looks like February is going to be somewhat stunted. Anyway, I should have internet access for the second week, so I'll be playing a couple of the FTOPS events.1/ 10k hands. I should get this comfortably. I'll hate myself if I don't.2/ Be comfortably and permanently at 100nl by March.
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals:Play less poker!Gonna just stick to what I've been playing and winning at and not move up unless I make a huge profit somewhere.Try to make $1k again this month, doubt I'll have the time as I'm back at university though.

January goals:-Play about 100 4.40s. 150 If possible.-Win at least 1%.-FT at least 7%.-Cash at least 20%.-Do well in the Goldstar freerolls. Go deep in at least 1 of these. At least 100$ Profit from the VIP Freerolls
Januari Results:Hm well things kinda changed around in Januari. I played a few 4.40s, but 10 at most I think. I only cashed in one, but i took that one down all the way so that was nice.I decided though 4.40s/tournaments were no good for BR building so I decided to focus on cash games and deposited 600$ on FTP, got PT, got PAHud and a CR subscription. Things have been going really well on FTP and I've played 25NL for the 2nd half of januari and I'm nearly ready to move up to 50NL. I could currently, but I'm still preparing some things and planning on taking a shot friday/saturday. Here's my graph for Januari:januarigraphqz2.th.jpgAdd to that 225$ from a 4.40 win, 90$ bonusses and 50$ rakeback so I'm up to 1375$ now.Februari Goals:-Make the move up to 50NL succesfully-Continue building my roll at 50NL to 2500$ at least.-Play 15k hands at 50NL.This should definately be possible. I'll have to run at about 7.5 ptBB/100, which should be piss easy with Bonus and Rakeback. I ran at over 10 ptBB/100 at 25NL so. Also 15k hands is really not a lot. I suspect I could get in 20k easily aswell, but I'm not setting the bar too high. I'll be happy if I reach these goals in februari.

[i had an ok jan. i am trying to switch from live play to online. i played around 12k hands, which was alot for me considering a full time job 8-6 mon-fri.i did ok money wise i played out of my roll alot with the DNO and the FCP WSOP.for feb goals are.1. 10k-15k hands2.stay with in my BR more3. play stud and more sngs4. play more pl5c 6 max sngs

Hopefuly Simo was too busy playing poker/ to make it.Nice work E-cart, that's a pretty sweet winrate you got there!I finally get my stars account back on the 11th after 180 days of being banned, i have $62 left and i hope to make that $100+ by the end of the month playing whatever i feel like playing, my main goal is to keep my SNG ROI% positive and get my OPR positive for the first time in my life.

JANUARY RESULTSBBJanuary.jpgI'm ignoring what I did at 6max because I should have never tried it. These are my January results of FR LHE after I finally settled down and found my niche.The good thing is that I was still able to do this after everything I've been through this month. I get back to Bakersfield from a holiday trip to Indy only to find my roommates kicking me out and telling me that I have 30 days to do it. I had planned on getting back and hitting the ground running with my poker game only to run into this bull rush. ****ers kicked me out to move in their own ****ing friend so I had to waste the first half of the month finding a new place for the same price or less and getting all my shit settled in.Now that I am in and ready to go (sexual innuendo?), here are myFEBRUARY GOALS1. 10k hands of FR LHE2. Don't force yourself to play when you're upset with yourself... even if you just started and you're playing bad.3. Play some tournaments on PS when you feel like a change of pace.4. Start back up playing live 3/6 and keeping track of my results on pokertracking.com. Use February as an establishing month to see how I'm doing and where I'm at. DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET AFFECTED BY 1 or 2 day RESULTS!What I hope this accomplishes? Following Rabid's 300bb/200bb bankroll strategy (it fits me well), I hope to reach 300bb of .25/.50 ($150) and be well on my way to 300bb of .50/1 ($300) with the assistance of the rakeback and bonus.Utilize the bankroll strategy for live play as well. 3/6 (1800 starting point), move down to 2/4 if you go under 1200 and move up to 6/12 if you reach 3600.I'll see you all at the end of the month :club:

For January I want to:1. 600 SNGs while keeping a minimum 75 buy-in rule. I am also hoping to have a 20%+ ROI.2. 1k in total profit. Hopefully closer to 1.5k.3. This month I should finally reach VIP. 4. Stay motivated. I make more money per hour playing poker than my job. So why the **** is it so hard for me to put in the hours at the poker table?5. Get to the gym at least 4 times a week. I've been sort of sick for a while lately and have been using that as an excuse, but starting tomorrow I want to go to the gym almost every day after work.
1. I only played 300, but I also played some cash games. I guess I'm happy with this. I also had a 19.5% ROI, which is pretty good. 2. Just under 1200 in profit.3. I Finally made VIP this month.4. I'm happy with the time I put in this month. 5. Nope. I don't like going to the gym alone, and my buddy who I go to the gym with worked a ton of overtime this month. -------------------------------------Feb. 1. 400 SNG's @ 15% ROI. 2. 5K hands of 25 or 50NL.3. 1k profit. I withdrew a huge chunk of my roll because I'm going to buy a car soon, so I want to get back over 2k. 4. Keep VIP.5. Again, the whole gym thing. It's getting closer to summer.
January Goals240 SNGs per week - Only played about 180 a weekObtain 12% ROI or higher - Check, ROI from SNGs for this month was 13.95%Play MTTs Friday to Sunday - Did this for the first week, won a seat to sunday mil also but yet to use itWin a Tournament - Nope, unless winning my seat counts lolProfit Goal: $1000 - Easily cleared it
Finally won some mobnies :club: Had a terrific start to the month, but cooled off towards the end, partly due to slacking off in my # of games per day. But Im proud of how well I did, and it's easily my best month ever. I also finally achieved GoldStar after wanting to do it for the past 5 months or so lol.Total SNGs played: 811SNG Profit: +$1723.40MTT Profit: +$112.85Total Profit: +$1836.25Current Bankroll: $3389.38Had to spend $75 on PXF renewalFebruary GoalsStop going to bed at 5am48 SNGs per dayPlay the Sunday Million a few timesRetain GoldStarProfit Goal: $2500If it all goes smoothly I'll move up to the $27 turbo sngs.

After a disasterous end to 2007, January was pretty much "Prove to myself I still know how to play" month.Results:All 25NL and 30NLjanuary08ol4.jpg25,200 hands+ $531 from playing goot +$200 year end bonus +160 or 70 in rakebackGold "Iron Man" Status at FTP February Goals20,000+ handsat least Silver in ftp's iron manKeep rebuilding the bankroll... to hopefully $1500+ by month end.

January GoalsAt least 25k handsActually get Platinum StarPlay live at least onceGet some good results, somewhere between 3k and 5k profit.
January Resultsabout 13k handsGold Star stillNoabout $400 profitAwful month, I lost interest halfway through the month, got distracted by a really interesting project I'm now working on. February GoalsAlot more life goals this month:Housemates and I need to fix our housing problem.Continue getting fitFinally get re-enrolled officially at uni (Feb 20th is enrollment date)Finish my interesting projectPlay some quality poker. Hopefully become comfortable enough to move up to 200nl. No hand or goal profit, just try and play what is comfortable, play most days.

No January goals were set.I got in like 11k hands and will have made like 1k after rakeback comes in, so it wasn't all bad.February Goals:20k hands of .5/1 HU.$4000 profits.No tilt.

So January has come in gone...lets recapstarted with 1500 on ftp..got it up to 2400 cashed out 900...got drunk on whiskey tilted teh remaining brPut 500 back on...got it back up to 2k...got drunk on whiskey...blacked out this time...came to after apparently playing 30/60 limit...br demolishedback up to 400 on ftp...600+ with rb....February Goals:Turn the damn computer off when drinkin excessive amounts of whiskey, Told fiancee that sex would keep my mind off of it (one can hope). get the br back up to 1500...but only plannin to keep 500 online at any one time to avoid excess drunk sessions.

Always good to finish strong :club:January08PokerGraph.jpgBR: $1320PokerTrackersJanuary08.jpgJanuary Goals:1) Gold Medal Ironman Status - Silver2) Grind @ least 15,000-20,000 hands - Check 3) Avg 6-8bbs/100 - 5.2bbs/1004) Start taking shots @ $50NL w/ 25 Buy-Ins - Did it with ~20 oops :)February Goals:1) Play @ least 20k hands2) Average 6-8bbs/1003) Upgrade FTP status from Silver to Gold.4) Play when I want to and stay focused/confident.5) Practice better tilt control.6) Clear last $320 of bonus and decide if/where to go for rakeback/deposit bonus.

December was good. I haven't added everything up yet but roughly ~$5k month.Jan goals:- Play more hands then Rdog- Crush 200/400 PLO game on FTP- Learn PLO- Sweep the Sunday majors in the same weak- Eat lunch today- Have Sharks go undefeated- Do Jessica BealI know some of these might be harder to accomplish, so the one or two might spew into February.
Ok, didn't quite manage to accomplish all my goals in January, in fact I really only completed one to the end. A bit discouraging, but oh well, we'll get 'em next time.For February I am going to switch it up a bit.30,000 hands.5ptbb/100That's it. Lets do it, baby.

I won 51,500 in January in less then 8K hands. For Febuary I want to:-play at least 1 6 max FTOPS tournament-play 15K hands-figure out my internship stuff at the Stock Exchange-finally meet a girl at UPenn who is a.)hot b.)smart c.)SINGLEsome lofty goals this month. one ****ing time.

My post got screwed up, don't feel like retyping.Losing month at all sites, cashed out $500 from AP, starting over at $150 which I've since doubled.Whoopty damn dooo. :club:

For January, I'm going to have my first 5-figure month. To ensure that this happens, I will be attempting to play a minimum of 500 hands/day, with the overall goal being between 15,000 and 20,000 hands. More if possible, but it's quite difficult to get 1k hands/day using good table selection at 5/10 HU LHE.Basically, for January, and all of 2008, I pledge to no longer be lazy, lol. Grind out the hands, and the money will come.
January ResultsTable Profit: $9,162.99Rakeback: $564.23Bonus: $1,255Points Value: $1,755.47Other*: ($428)Total: $12,309.69Hands Played: 10,989*Other includes referral rakeback, fees incurred during withdrawals, and the gain/loss of money based on the current exchange rate, since I hold some of my BR in $CAD, as well as some money lost when I took 10% of a friend's action in a soft 100/200 game.This is by far my best month ever, topping November's ~$9k win. I achieved half of my goal, which was to have my first 5-figure month, but I came up quite a bit short of my hands goal.To be fair, I found it a lot more difficult to get in hands while I was running well, simply because I'd bust my opponents in significantly fewer hands, and therefore I wouldn't have to play as long to win the same amount, lol. I certainly could have put in more hours tho, and I'll look to do that in February.Nearly 100% of my hands came from 5/10 HU LHE, with the exception of 4 hands (3 at 3/6 and 1 at 15/30). In both cases, I sat at the wrong limit by accident, and didn't notice until I played my first hand, lol.As shown in the PT stats image, I clearly ran super hot the entire month. It's tough to say with a lot of certainty, as I've only got 25k hands of HU LHE under my belt, but I think my long term winrate is probably closer to 5 BB/100, maybe 4 BB/100 a bit more conservatively, assuming I continue to practice very good game selection.Graphs:january2008sa6.jpgStats:january2008ptuc6.jpgFebruary Goals15,000 hands, $10,000 profit.I'm going to stick with 5/10 for a while, as I'm very comfortable there, and I can handle the quick, huge swings of HU LHE there there best, in terms of the amount of money. Also, this is the first time I've been overrolled for anything, and I'm really enjoying the extra comfort.I'm not rolled for 10/20 yet, anyways, but when the time comes, I don't really want to jump into it without being ready for double the amount of money going either way, so basically, the plan for February is to build up my roll (which means spend WAY less than I did in January) to the point that I'll be ready for 10/20 come March.Once again, best of luck to everyone in February!