Jj In The Sb Late

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t120/t240(Ante: t25)8 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t13760UTG+1: t7630MP1: t5185MP2: t3905CO: t4128Button: t3475Hero: t7095BB: t3695Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with J :club: J :ts4 folds, CO raises all-in t4103, Button folds, Hero ???Villain has not been at my table for very long. 38 players left (27 get paid). Is this just me tightening up late in a tournament? I figured at the very best I'd be be facing one overcard (more likely it'd be two) because for the most part I have seen players pushing with big hands as opposed to trying to get value off of them.Thoughts?

Insta-call. His range is no worse than 56+, AJs+,AQ+, KQ making you a 57:43 favorite. too big an edge to pass up when youre short yourself, unless there are bubble/prize structure ramifications.

has anyone noticed the new trend of raising all in w/ AA from late position, making people think its a steal bet?I certainly have
Nope. I see it with 66 way more than I do with AA
LOL at folding here when the CO open shoves..Snap iso raise
This is the exact reason I posted this here. I find that my mind is seriously starting to F with me. I think I'm brainwashing myself into playing more weak/tight. I played 1.20 9 man SNGs for 2 months straight and after seeing the horrific play there I've convinced myself that I can always wait until I can put my chips in better than a flip. The more I move away from those tournaments the more I realize that my play at the 1.20s might really have hurt my progress as a player as a whole. I am so used to folding to any sign of strength because I know that later in the tournament (at least back in the 1.20s) I can get paid off when I hold a good hand.Thanks a lot for answering for what I'm guessing seems like a really dumb question.
This is the exact reason I posted this here. I find that my mind is seriously starting to F with me. I think I'm brainwashing myself into playing more weak/tight. I played 1.20 9 man SNGs for 2 months straight and after seeing the horrific play there I've convinced myself that I can always wait until I can put my chips in better than a flip. The more I move away from those tournaments the more I realize that my play at the 1.20s might really have hurt my progress as a player as a whole. I am so used to folding to any sign of strength because I know that later in the tournament (at least back in the 1.20s) I can get paid off when I hold a good hand.Thanks a lot for answering for what I'm guessing seems like a really dumb question.
People are getting more aggressive and wising up to some of the tournament strategies that the winning players have been employing..There is obv. gonna be a lot of bad play at this level and 1.20 STT level, but just keep it in mind people are improving and not nitting it up as much as in the past

Albeit that it is irrelevant to this strategy post, I am at the FT of this (4/8) right now. Oddly enough, a situation just like the one above arose with the exception that this time I had QQ and pushed and the BB also called. CO had 99, BB had 1010. I dodged it all and haven't looked back since.Thanks.edit: finished 5th for 33...got 3bet all-in by A10 and flop brought him the ace (so did the turn, actually) to beat my KK and left me with 1500 at 3k/6k.

I call here. As stated, his range is incredible. I have noticed people starting to make these open shoves with big hands, but I think you are way ahead of his range. This late this guy can be shoving a million different hands you can dominate, as well as if he does have an AQ as copernicus said you still have an edge when you need to pick up chips.