Qq In The Sb Against An Almost 60/30 Player

Ok, been on hiatus from online poker and online in general, but had a few bucks kicking in my PS account and am taking a shot at the SNG orbit thing-a-majigs... anywhoo, PT stats for villain after 33 hands showing 61.2 VPIP, 27.3 PFR %... even though it is a small amount of hands, still odd enough to be semi-relevant.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB (t1470)UTG (t3560)MP (t2170)CO (t1165)Button (t3530)Hero (t1605)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :ts , Q :D . UTG raises to t100, MP calls t100, 2 folds, Hero raises to t500, 1 fold, UTG calls t400, MP folds.Flop: (t1150) J :D , A :club: , J :4h(2 players)I will stop there for now, as I would like to here what line some of you would take against this particular player.

You're either pushing or check-folding, there's no in between here. The PF raise puts your stack down to about 1100 with a pot of about the same on the flop, which means any real CB commits you to the pot. If those PT numbers are relevant, he's a pretty LAG player, but he did call your sizeable reraise too. The problem is there are a lot of hands in his range that you're behind here (any Ace, KK, KJ, QJ, JJ). The only hands you're ahead of are med-PP's or KQ.

have you seen him cold call such big isolation pf raises often? then its an easy push, you're still miles ahead of his range there and you're drawing to 2 outs if he has an A or J. if he's bad you do not only get called by a J or A, something like 77-TT will probably call. if he's really bad he might also call with KT/QT/KQ. the fact that he's 60/30 lets me think he would have raised 77-TT and KT/QT/KQ pf though.or is he one of the players who try to see every flop and usually fold to resistence? then it should be an easy check fold. you'll find better ways to get your chips back when push/fold completely starts at 100/200.

Probably check folding here on the flop and shoving the turn to any blank. Is that a horrible line to take?
ok, well thats the line i intended on taking... but then this happened:Hero checks, UTG bets t50and yes, he has been just as loose calling re-raises as he has been making them... doubled early and riding the stack i think.
ok, well thats the line i intended on taking... but then this happened:Hero checks, UTG bets t50and yes, he has been just as loose calling re-raises as he has been making them... doubled early and riding the stack i think.
Call. Your pot odds tell you to take this cheap card and hope to hit your 2 outer. Probably the worst value bet ever imo.

I can't see any value in a bet here. It's going to be hard to get called by many worse hands and against this player we aren't folding out any better hands.

Check/calling flop >>>>>>> Shoving flop.You shove the flop and he can play perfectly. If you check, you give him a chance to bluff.As played I call and fold to most turn bets.

Check/calling flop >>>>>>> Shoving flop.You shove the flop and he can play perfectly. If you check, you give him a chance to bluff.As played I call and fold to most turn bets.
so it really was that standard, just making sure... i called the 50 and even that felt like spew (nit).3rd jack rolls of on turn, i check he pushes i muck... sidenote: ended up busting him out in 4th, and he claimed to have 6-6 on that hand, so the micro stakes shock again.
so it really was that standard, just making sure... i called the 50 and even that felt like spew (nit).3rd jack rolls of on turn, i check he pushes i muck... sidenote: ended up busting him out in 4th, and he claimed to have 6-6 on that hand, so the micro stakes shock again.
Calling the 50 bet into a 1100 pot is NOT a spew. Hes giving you greater than 20-1 to call there with you having a 10% chance of scooping it, assuming he has an A or J. As bad as a 10% chance is, the pot is worth it.
Calling the 50 bet into a 1100 pot is NOT a spew. Hes giving you greater than 20-1 to call there with you having a 10% chance of scooping it, assuming he has an A or J. As bad as a 10% chance is, the pot is worth it.
also 20-1 are about break even odds for set-mining on the river, not considering implied odds.
heh, i was never folding... just making a semi joke...s/w? didn't think it was needed. :club: