Correct To Rr With Tt In Position Here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)UTG (t3620)UTG+1 (t985)MP1 (t2030)MP2 (t1890)Hero (t1370)Button (t1360)SB (t1715)BB (t530)Preflop: Hero is CO with :club:, :ts. UTG raises to t90, 3 folds, Hero raises to t300, 3 folds, UTG...Final Pot: t225No reads on the villan.

I think this is pretty bad. If you are reraising, you only need to make it $250ish.I flat call almost all the time here preflop.
If you flat call you invite the blinds in at great odds and with TT you want to isolate. Folding is better than flatting, and I hate folding it.

I'd definitely go with a smaller reraise PF, the 300 just bloats the pot if villain calls and commits Hero if villain reraises. I agree with simo that 250 is more then enough.

What's an UTG raisers range? like AJ+, 99+ ?? We are behind that range, so do we really want to be reraising preflop when against his range when we have the worst of it?I would rather smooth call, I think the BB is more likely shove or fold than he is to this pf.

What's an UTG raisers range? like AJ+, 99+ ?? We are behind that range, so do we really want to be reraising preflop when against his range when we have the worst of it?I would rather smooth call, I think the BB is more likely shove or fold than he is to this pf.
My range is wider than that from UTG with a big stack..A10+, 77+, KQ fwiw
I'd definitely go with a smaller reraise PF, the 300 just bloats the pot if villain calls and commits Hero if villain reraises. I agree with simo that 250 is more then enough.
Meh, compared to the suggestion to flat, 50 chips is a nit. 225 is a pot size raise, but with button and two blinds behind a higher charge to play isnt a terrible idea. You dont want to push to isolate because that loses too much value, turning TT into a bluff.
Again, folding is better than calling here, all calling can do is get you into trouble.If this is not a turbo than an UTG range is more like 55+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KQo, which is only the top 12%, and will only be called half the time if opponents are restricting themselves to hands that are +EV vs that range. If its a turbo then somewhat looser is needed. TT is a 55:45 favorite against that range...ie same as a pair vs AK if you knew he had AK. Still folding it?
Again, folding is better than calling here, all calling can do is get you into trouble.If this is not a turbo than an UTG range is more like 55+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KQo, which is only the top 12%, and will only be called half the time if opponents are restricting themselves to hands that are +EV vs that range. If its a turbo then somewhat looser is needed. TT is a 55:45 favorite against that range...ie same as a pair vs AK if you knew he had AK. Still folding it?
Ouch. I just got slapped with knowledge. I didn't realize his range was so broad.
Ouch. I just got slapped with knowledge. I didn't realize his range was so broad.
Lol. Again, its opinion, not knowledge. But think about most players VPIP%. Overall its in the mid to high 20s, but that includes some favorable odds blind calls and a decent number of pots folded around to late position. Still, a VPIP of 15% in early position isnt very aggressive for multi...thats 77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo. In a SnG that tightens up on the broadways, but loosens up on the pairs a bit to knock it down to the 12% or so range.In a very high buy in SnG it may tighten up a bit more than that, relying on short stack math to make up for it on close bubble plays. At lower buyins the ranges could run anwhere from mine to throw's Id think.

Just a point I'd like to make:Even if we are a favourite against villain's range, it doesn't necessarily mean we are profitable against the range. Think about a button raise with you holding A3o in the SB. You're usually a favourite against their range, but folding is still correct.Here, by reraising to $300 we are giving him an easy shove with JJ+ and AK, and we give him an easy fold with a lot of worse hands.I totally disagree with your range tbh cop. I don't think he's raising hands like KTo or A7s UTG. I think throwemaway's range is a lot closer.We raise to $300 and he shoves, we are getting 1715 to 1070 and we are forced to call. I don't like that prospect.We only have a slight edge if any, and given that he correctly folds the bottom part of the range to a reraise we then have to make enough from his folds to counteract the equity deficit we create against his non-fold range.I prefer to see a cheap flop against his full range than to build a huge pot against a very strong range.

Raise: a reraise is a good idea in my opinion. My standard raise is 9xBB in a situation like this. You've got position on him so I don't hate to to see a flop. If he checks the flop, I bet. If he bets and there's some overcards or I'm convinced I'm behind, I fold. If he plays back at me, well, I'm done with the hand. I can't see nothing but a bigger pair or AK if he reraise me. Call: despite what others have said, I do like a flat call. A 3xBB raise UTG is most likely a bigger pair or AK. But thats ok. Thats what I want him to have. It cost me t90 to see a flop. 1 time out of 8 I'm gonna flop a set and he will be in some serious trouble. In fact, I'm gonna double up very often when I hit a set. So 7 times out of 8, I won't hit a set and I'll have to say goodbye to my t90 (7x90 =630), and 1 time out of 8 I'm gonna turn my stack of 1370 to 2785 (1370x2 + blinds = 2785.) So the numbers to compare is 630 and 1415. This isn't extremely accurate, I know: 1) there a more players to act. 2) even if I hit a set he can suckout. 3) I can push him off his hand representing an Ace on a 2c 4h Ad flop when he holds QQ or something etc etc. But you get the point. Fold: I don't fold TT here. I think a reraise or a call is far better.

I agree cop's range is way too wide. Absent a read to the contrary, I don't expect many people to be raising hands like A7s, K9s, or even QJ from UTG at a full table. If this is a micro limit tourney, I'd expect the typical player to limp with these hands from UTG, not raise.

I totally disagree with your range tbh cop. I don't think he's raising hands like KTo or A7s UTG. I think throwemaway's range is a lot closer.
If you disagree with those hands youre not disagreeing with me...they arent in the range I gave for a SnG. The range I did give I still think is very reasonable for a SnG, and TT is ahead of it. If your UTG opening range for a MTT (which is where you got those hands from) is tighter than top 15% when stacks are deep you arent gojng to build a stack very often. If you play throws range in a multi you wont get action often enough to make up for the increasing blinds.
If you disagree with those hands youre not disagreeing with me...they arent in the range I gave for a SnG. If youre UTG opening range for a MTT (which is where you got those hands from) is tighter than top 15% when stacks are deep you arent gojng to build a stack very often. If you play throws range in a multi you wont get action often enough to make up for the increasing blinds.
My VPIP UTG is never more than about 10%. I'd say my UTG range is something like: 66+, KQs, AJs+, AQo+. Occasionally I'll raise with T9s or something as well. Raising hands like KJ UTG is almost never a good play. I think it's a pretty big leak if your range consistently includes those hands.
I think this is pretty bad. If you are reraising, you only need to make it $250ish.I flat call almost all the time here preflop.
Agree with the above.

It amazes me how wide some peoples UTG range really is. But I definitely like reraising here. My problem had been thinking that other players have the same range as me, they simply do not. So I reraise here to 250ish. But 275-300 isn't bad. I don't like calling. We have a strong hand and it is above villains range. So if we simply call. The flop comes dry without giving us a set and no overs. He leads, are we just prepared to call him down? I really don't want to be calling off my chips to QQ, KK or AA with just TT.If he plays back at me preflop, then without reads I have to give him credit for PP's that beat me or premium Ax hands. 99 and even 88 could still be in his range. But if he plays back, I fold.If he flat calls I think we are ahead. He either has a smaller pair or we are racing. With no overs on the flop I am still going to play this pot trying to see if he got a set on me. If checked to me, I will bet the flop and the turn.

I flat here since we're still deep stacked with 1300 and blinds only 15/30 and we have position. If the raise was coming from MP on, I like a RR to isolate but I tend to give respect to an UTG raise unless I have evidence that his range is really that wide.

IMO, I might just call it for set value and see how villain reacts to the flop. There is no reason at this blind level to get too involved if you don't flop it but both stacks are deep enough to play this way. If you reraise, then you just make it difficult to fold after the flop and that is what can get you into trouble.

I flat here since we're still deep stacked with 1300 and blinds only 15/30 and we have position. If the raise was coming from MP on, I like a RR to isolate but I tend to give respect to an UTG raise unless I have evidence that his range is really that wide.
If we call and it's a dry flop, he bets, are we just folding? Or calling our TT? If an A comes and he checks are we turning our TT into a bluff and betting that flop?
The problem is if you flat you may very well not have position, and even if you do it is likely to be against 2 or 3 other hands. I think its a big mistake to not try and isolate with 66-JJ.
IMO, I might just call it for set value and see how villain reacts to the flop. There is no reason at this blind level to get too involved if you don't flop it but both stacks are deep enough to play this way. If you reraise, then you just make it difficult to fold after the flop and that is what can get you into trouble.
TT should have more than set value, especially in a SnG where you dont have enough hands to wait around for sets.
The problem is if you flat you may very well not have position, and even if you do it is likely to be against 2 or 3 other hands. I think its a big mistake to not try and isolate with 66-JJ.
Re-raising with 66 is lol.