$3.30 Rebuy

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t6140)UTG (t3825)UTG+1 (t9831)MP1 (t14059)MP2 (t4575)MP3 (t5225)CO (t5280)Button (t3525)SB (t7955)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :D , K :club: . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t150, 3 folds, CO calls t150, 2 folds, Hero raises to t750, UTG+1 folds, CO calls t600.Flop: (t1725) 8 :D , Q :4h , 4 :ts(2 players)Hero bets t750, CO calls t750.Turn: (t3225) 2 :5c(2 players)Hero fires again?

I check the turn, and I most likely would have checked the flop. These stacks are very awkward and CBing the flop invests a ton of chips. Its not a mortal sin to walk away from AK that missed.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t6140)UTG (t3825)UTG+1 (t9831)MP1 (t14059)MP2 (t4575)MP3 (t5225)CO (t5280)Button (t3525)SB (t7955)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :D , K :club: . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t150, 3 folds, CO calls t150, 2 folds, Hero raises to t750, UTG+1 folds, CO calls t600.Flop: (t1725) 8 :D , Q :4h , 4 :ts(2 players)Hero bets t750, CO calls t750.Turn: (t3225) 2 :5c(2 players)Hero fires again?
Er, why?
Er, why?
Oh, I didn't. Was wondering if I should have. The turn checked through. I checked the river, villain made a tiny bet (2 BB or so), and I called. AK < 33. I think a turn bet would have won it, but I was wondering just how results based that was.
Oh, I didn't. Was wondering if I should have. The turn checked through. I checked the river, villain made a tiny bet (2 BB or so), and I called. AK < 33. I think a turn bet would have won it, but I was wondering just how results based that was.
33 is basically the bottom of his calling range here, and i think barrelling the turn without a read with these stack/pot sizes is a spew.You played it fine i think.
33 is basically the bottom of his calling range here, and i think barrelling the turn without a read with these stack/pot sizes is a spew.You played it fine i think.
What came on the river? Usually I play hand like you did and check river as well, although sometimes I will bet half the pot on a river that beats the flop's mid pair, if the villain checked behind on the turn. Sometimes.
What came on the river? Usually I play hand like you did and check river as well, although sometimes I will bet half the pot on a river that beats the flop's mid pair, if the villain checked behind on the turn. Sometimes.
well said, thats what i would do on occasion as well.as to the hand as played; as someone allready stated, 33 was the bottom of his call range. if you didnt have a read, walking away or checking it down is the right play( i dont mind calling the small bet, that would have been the time to make a play at him if you had that missing read i believe.). obviously now that you know he wasnt playing a hand like k q you could have prolly pushed him off his miserable 33. but like you said thats results oriented and thats about the only hand you wouyld have moved him off if he didnt have a queen.i say well played. sometimes you just air ball and theres nothin you can do.

Thanks all. I feel better about it. I hate leaving chips out there. The river was a small non-heart... I dont recall but likely a 7 or 6.

cbet more. your bet looks blatantly obvious like an air-cbet. i think an observing villain calls you with any pair there.
I don't get it. There are 0 draws. The more I bet, the more it looks like air no? I agree if the board is somewhat coordinated, but I was thinking of betting LESS on this one. Thoughts?